• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

:lol::lol: Slapped him 'hard'? What are you like? My dog licks me harder than that. Ffs :lol:

You see what you see, I see what I see. If you look at it, it is a hard slap, his face nudges from it. Refs agreed. But no need to continue this.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pogba is one of the most overrated "talents" of the last few years, even Fifa has him rated similar to Mane/Son/Auba and he's been nowhere near that level since he signed.

Bit of a myth honestly.
He's basically biding his time, picking up his wages until a good manager comes along.

Guys won almost everything there is to win.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Personally I think hitting someone to the face is not part of football.
Not sure I would describe that as a hit. Was more a pat or gentle stroke. Lamela throwing himself after, what 10-15 sec., to make a meal out of it? It was just shameful.

Think the rules and refereeing in the PL are just so poor right now. It's all letter of the law and no sense at all right now.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
EjlZ4LjXcAEPgS9

drippin

Not sure I would describe that as a hit. Was more a pat or gentle stroke. Lamela throwing himself after, what 10-15 sec., to make a meal out of it? It was just shameful.

Think the rules and refereeing in the PL are just so poor right now. It's all letter of the law and no sense at all right now.

I don't care about Lamela, he could have got two yellows or a straight red too.

I care about football and hitting the face. You say it was a pat, but look again.

Even if it was a pat, it does not belong to football, which is more of a gentleman sport, unlike ice hockey (which I love also) for example. I'm glad they take such childish stuff out of football, long may it continue.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Martial deserved his red card, has nothing to do with football, even if it was soft.

The problem is that Lamela gets to elbow him first and should get a red too, just like the Mane challenge on Tierney. And then you have the disgraceful tackle of Shaw on Moura, which should be a 6 game booking. But VAR never looked at those moments and that's why people debate whether the soft slap from Martial should be red.

Every situation mentioned above should be a clear red card all day long. It seems VAR is only there to judge offside for 10 minutes long and disallow goals that should have stood (remember our game vs Palace?).

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I don't care about Lamela, he could have got two yellows or a straight red too.

I care about football and hitting the face. You say it was a pat, but look again.

Even if it was a pat, it does not belong to football, which is more of a gentleman sport, unlike ice hockey (which I love also) for example. I'm glad they take such childish stuff out of football, long may it continue.
We will have to agree to disagree. I fully see your point but think in this case it just ruins the game and gives the cheater and instigator a huge advantage. Lamela initiated the whole thing and thanks to the referee had his actions rewarded. It was no more than a touch on the cheek. Lamela at first could not make up his mind how he should react and then after thinking about it threw himself to the ground.

I prefer a referee that judges with sound judgement and not this way.

drippin

We will have to agree to disagree. I fully see your point but think in this case it just ruins the game and gives the cheater and instigator a huge advantage. Lamela initiated the whole thing and thanks to the referee had his actions rewarded. It was no more than a touch on the cheek. Lamela at first could not make up his mind how he should react and then after thinking about it threw himself to the ground.

I prefer a referee that judges with sound judgement and not this way.

I wasn't talking about Lamela here at all. I have talked about hitting to the face in football, so not sure where we disagree. Furious said Martial's sending off was ridiculous.

Imo it is a straight red no matter what else happens, and as so it cannot be ridiculous.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I wasn't talking about Lamela here at all. I have talked about hitting to the face in football, so not sure where we disagree. Furious said Martial's sending off was ridiculous.

What? :lol: I was not involved in this debate at all.

I'd sooner have sent the little n0nce Lamela off though.

drippin

What? :lol: I was not involved in this debate at all.

I'd sooner have sent the little n0nce Lamela off though.

Ah, sorry, it was Makingtrax. I mix you guys sometimes, might have to do with the avatars.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom