• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think he's great in loads of ways. How he pivots from the style we've been playing to a more expansive style that can get us eunuch over a season is vital

scytheavatar

Established Member
would people have been okay with AMN's sale if it helped fund Auoar's purchase?

Last thing we would want is to buy another Pepe........ Edu and gang are right in thinking Lyon and Aoaur's brother can go **** themselves if they refuse to budge on their demands. Aoaur has potential but he has more poor games than good ones so far in his Lyon career, so it is hard to justify him being some 60 million player.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Hey at least we get to say we have more clean sheets now. Sexy!
I agree, Wenger was definitely levels above Arteta and Emery in his prime.

I don’t mind clean sheet Arsenal at all though. It just needs to be a bit more resolute and convincing like back in the day, at the moment it’s not.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I agree, Wenger was definitely levels above Arteta and Emery in his prime.

I don’t mind clean sheet Arsenal at all though. It just needs to be a bit more resolute and convincing like back in the day, at the moment it’s not.

Wenger and Arteta’s journeys are just so different. Wenger had 12 years of management experience by the time he came here. Arteta jumped straight into the big leagues. I hope he hasn’t even begun to peak.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

would people have been okay with AMN's sale if it helped fund Auoar's purchase?
I’m sure many would have been, I personally wouldn’t have been. Aouar isn’t what people think.
Our approach and the amount we tried to sign Aouar far was correct, Lyon just tried to juice us.

I’m sure Raul would have got it done, then everybody would have complained and called it a scam when we ended up with a 22 year old who needs coaching and adaptation time. The kid has had more bad games than good in his career and Lyon is all he knows.

Young English internationals from the youth system, yeah you gotta keep those.
Just like Lyon did with their French international academy product.

Dj_sds -

the last 5 years have taught us a lot. The so-called proud gooners turning out to be absolute cancer for the club. Spoilt everyone's enjoyment, screwed up the atmosphere and constantly ensured that the fan base could never unite, by constantly bringing up divisive hateful topics.

The people siding with individuals at the club and not Arsenal football club are the ones causing the divide.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
nah its the bum squad. dont project. The ownership is destroying the club values and you are complicit.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I feel more confident in Arteta than I did in Emery but we do make a lot of excuses for Arteta. Right now the narrative is "he's doing the best he can with the limited resources he has" but I'm wondering how long that will last with Partey here now.

If Partey comes in to the first XI and we're still playing this bland, uninspiring Moyesball-lite, if we continue to scrape wins despite the underlying metrics saying we're lucky (just like Emery) are people going to care?

——————Van Persie——————
—Sanchez——Nasri——Hleb———
——Cazorla/Fabregas—DM———

We should get more of these kind of players instead of walcott, chamberlain, giroud, Özil, auba, laca, nketiah, willock......

kash2

——————Van Persie——————
—Sanchez——Nasri——Hleb———
——Cazorla/Fabregas—DM———

We should get more of these kind of players instead of walcott, chamberlain, giroud, Özil, auba, laca, nketiah, willock......

ahh the days of the impish skill gnomes ...even the DM was a swashbuckler. Whatever happened to Alex Song btw.

That was football to get drunk on.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I love Wenger, but the amount of beautiful football we saw was becoming less and less. It has to be said. I don’t like that fans forced him out. Who knows if he was actually looking for a successor though, it was clear it was nearing time to move on.

Even the last few seasons were a level above what we are watching now though,

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

ahh the days of the impish skill gnomes ...even the DM was a swashbuckler. Whatever happened to Alex Song btw.

That was football to get drunk on.
Ended up at Sion, a Swiss Super League club - along with another former gunner Djourou.

Unfortunately, Song was one of the 9 players sacked for not taking a pay cut earlier in the year apparently.

No clue where he is now, not sure how true all of the above is, just off the top of my head from an article I read a couple months back. I was never a fan initially but he won me over eventually. The improvement he made under Wenger was remarkable - I think going to Barcelona and becoming a makeshift CB kina ruined him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If I remember correctly, it was Coquelin that basically ended Song's career in England.

Alex was loaned to West Ham in 2014/2015, started the season very well in midfield next to Mark "Brexit Xhaka" Noble...we played them around January 2015 I think, was Coq's first start after being recalled...Song had a goal disallowed, then Francis had him in his pocket all game and we won the match...can't remember Song playing well after that, or even just again if I'm honest :lol:

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

——————Van Persie——————
—Sanchez——Nasri——Hleb———
——Cazorla/Fabregas—DM———

Apart from Sanchez and Cazorla I didn't really like the majority of those names tbh they were wimps.

Oxlade could have been good, I just feel we flopped his development a bit along with his injuries. I feel nailing him down to a single position would have helped him a lot more than what we ended up doing.

Giroud was alright and he is showing his worth nowadays to be fair to him.

Your opinion on Auba irks me a bit and I think that's the main reason we go back and forth :lol:
You're free to like what you like though obviously.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

If I remember correctly, it was Coquelin that basically ended Song's career in England.
He was done before he got there, Barcelona wasn't a great experience. He actually started off well for WH tbh.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Did someone say Alex Song?

9bd821447b5e0522d799901044d4705c_large

kash2

He was done before he got there, Barcelona wasn't a great experience. He actually started off well for WH tbh.
that whole barcelona move was rather sudden. I wonder what the reason was. What I remember hearing then was that he didnt want to stay on at Arsenal / considered himself too good for the role/club.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Apart from Sanchez and Cazorla I didn't really like the majority of those names tbh they were wimps.

Oxlade could have been good, I just feel we flopped his development a bit along with his injuries. I feel nailing him down to a single position would have helped him a lot more than what we ended up doing.

Your opinion on Auba irks me a bit and I think that's the main reason we go back and forth :lol:
Chamberlain was so shxt. He has negative football intelligence just as walcott, never ever saw him making a good decision.

His only skill move is useless. Usually skill moves are intended to trick your opponent to one direction and you accelerate to another direction. 10/10 times he use his useless skill move, but the opponent were never tricked, he then just applied the acceleration nevertheless. That’s why he never actually dribbled past a player using a skill move despite he was always trying it. And if you have the ball facing the defender, and you only apply acceleration to get past him, you will only succeed if you are significantly quicker. He is okay fast but he doesn’t have walcott pace and wouldn’t run in behind like walcott. Which make his acceleration move rather useless, as wingbacks in PL are usually not slow. So I never understand why he will keep trying that move if he never succeeded in getting past players with it.

An intelligent brain and crazy technique will give you a player like hleb, that chamberlain will never become 1/10 as good as a player.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Wouldn’t it be nice if auba could do some of these?

Moah

Chamberlain was so shxt. He has negative football intelligence just as walcott, never ever saw him making a good decision.

His only skill move is useless. Usually skill moves are intended to trick your opponent to one direction and you accelerate to another direction. 10/10 times he use his useless skill move, but the opponent were never tricked, he then just applied the acceleration nevertheless. That’s why he never actually dribbled past a player using a skill move despite he was always trying it. And if you have the ball facing the defender, and you only apply acceleration to get past him, you will only succeed if you are significantly quicker. He is okay fast but he doesn’t have walcott pace and wouldn’t run in behind like walcott. Which make his acceleration move rather useless, as wingbacks in PL are usually not slow. So I never understand why he will keep trying that move if he never succeeded in getting past players with it.

An intelligent brain and crazy technique will give you a player like hleb, that chamberlain will never become 1/10 as good as a player.

Skill move, ffs! This isnt Fifa players either players dribble well or not. It doesn't matter what move you use.

But, I agree with your Ox assessment, he was never good doing anything.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom