• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Bruno Guimarães

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Perhaps, I thought Bayern had agreed 60m and I feel his performances this season (below his previous standard largely through sulking), plus the fact he's a year further on his contract would reduce it

I probably am being a bit optimistic, but even so I think both are more valuable to us as a team on their own than Bruno would be
Palhinha signed a new contract in September, but I agree there are better investments out there than Bruno even if they’re more expensive.

SupersoakerArsene

Would love Douglas Luiz more then Bruno G. Even like Paqueta more, since he is more creative and works
Just because he gives us a bit more of creativity & goals/assist from midfield. Besides that he has a really good corner kick (not really needed with Rice his corners) & free kick in his pocket. Can also take a penalty.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Would love Douglas Luiz more then Bruno G. Even like Paqueta more, since he is more creative and works
Just because he gives us a bit more of creativity & goals/assist from midfield. Besides that he has a really good corner kick (not really needed with Rice his corners) & free kick in his pocket. Can also take a penalty.
Remember when we were 1st in for him. People on here were turning their nose up.

£30m would've been great business back then.
Now it's probably gonna take £70m+

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

People are underestimating what Bruno can do btw. You need to watch some more Newcastle footage (I was also surprised) his passing range is fantastic.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
People are underestimating what Bruno can do btw. You need to watch some more Newcastle footage (I was also surprised) his passing range is fantastic.
Persoanlly I’m surprised we’re not going for a younger player in this position. This seems a little out of step with Edteta’s policy since 2021.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Persoanlly I’m surprised we’re not going for a younger player in this position. This seems a little out of step with Edteta’s policy since 2021.

We’ve been linked with that lad from Benfica but I’ve never seen him play. He’s very young.

Reactions: A_G

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Seen a few comments about him not being able to be a DLP
Ye not coz of his passing though. His passing’s fine. Just about everything else is a level below what I would expect from a title winning starting XI though.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I think maybe for MF they are a bit more comfortable with older players there (Partey, jorgi, xhaka) and he is entering his prime now. As long as he gives us one top level contract length then it's worth it.

I'm still not overly sold on Bruno for that price either, he is a good player though

Reactions: A_G

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Paqueta is the best of the 3. He’s physically superb and multifunctional. It’s extremely unlikely West Ham will let him go but if he kicks up enough of a fuss they just might.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Paqueta is the best of the 3. He’s physically superb and multifunctional. It’s extremely unlikely West Ham will let him go but if he kicks up enough of a fuss they just might.

Good shout on Paqueta, I think he’d be slightly better than Frenkie De Jong too.

Yeah, Paqueta is very versatile to me, I think he can fit in as a 6, 8, 10 and even 11 for us. Has built up chemistry with Rice as well, which would help in his transition to the team.

The only area I’d say needs improvement is his possession game. I think he can hold the ball better, and find players more accurately. But that improves under Mikel for sure.

If there’s a chance, we should do it. I do think City are getting him though.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

Didn't Paqueta fail a medical with City last year after which they went and bought Nunez. Or was that just a rumour.

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan

We're likely selling him this summer. City look the favourite but who knows with the allegations clouding everything, players might not want to go there because of it.

He's a perfect Arteta player though, that's for sure. Disciplined, technically brilliant, can actually play Ødegaard's role if needed, would be great at 8 and can play across the front 3, he's played striker for us several times and played a lot of minutes out wide.

He's incredibly versatile, which we know Arteta values, but he'd also bring some needed flair and technical ability to the team.

Goonger

Didn't Paqueta fail a medical with City last year after which they went and bought Nunez. Or was that just a rumour.

No, they pulled out after his betting stuff came out. City itk insist if that gets resolved they will complete the deal this summer. Problem is there doesn't seem a time line for his hearings yet.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
We're likely selling him this summer. City look the favourite but who knows with the allegations clouding everything, players might not want to go there because of it.

He's a perfect Arteta player though, that's for sure. Disciplined, technically brilliant, can actually play Ødegaard's role if needed, would be great at 8 and can play across the front 3, he's played striker for us several times and played a lot of minutes out wide.

He's incredibly versatile, which we know Arteta values, but he'd also bring some needed flair and technical ability to the team.

What's happening about the betting case though? No point signing a player and then seeing him banned for a season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom