• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Toss up between him and Gabriel for MOTM. Was superb, best game in the shirt for me and that's considering his blinder against Barca in the CL at Camp Nou.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Elneny was one of our best player for 2017/18 and deserved far more respect from fans.......... I knew that we were crashing out of the UEFA cup the moment he got injured. It's not that Arteta improved him a lot, it's that Emery did something to ruin Elneny cause under Wenger he has always been a competent squad player at the very least.
I mean, OK, even if he was, he was never my type of midfielder. Today, he looks more like a midfielder I would expect to watch at Arsenal, technically sound and not afraid of the ball. That wasn't the case before, he was bang average on the ball and his passing was so negative. This season, he does look more than just a grunt in our midfield, but it will take time for many of us to see him differently, even after some positive games this season.
Elneny from a couple of years ago would never be able to control the ball under pressure, but Elneny today controls it like it's nothing and even makes forward passes

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I mean, OK, even if he was, he was never my type of midfielder. Today, he looks more like a midfielder I would expect to watch at Arsenal, technically sound and not afraid of the ball. That wasn't the case before, he was bang average on the ball and his passing was so negative. This season, he does look more than just a grunt in our midfield, but it will take time for many of us to see him differently, even after some positive games this season.
Elneny from a couple of years ago would never be able to control the ball under pressure, but Elneny today controls it like it's nothing and even makes forward passes
I agree with what most of what you say but Elneny has never been afraid to show for the ball and has always been very safe in possesion, he has always been the midfielder I worried the least about when being under pressure.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
It's the simple things sometimes. Honest endeavor and then seeing it's instant reward. Fans love that. If you see a few of them doing that, you walk home knowing it's in good hands. That's a captains effort.
And that was around his 180th minute in 4 days. Anyone else would have used that as an excuse to jog around lazily. Surprised to see a player playing for the badge rather than money and new contracts.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Elneny was one of our best player for 2017/18 and deserved far more respect from fans.......... I knew that we were crashing out of the UEFA cup the moment he got injured. It's not that Arteta improved him a lot, it's that Emery did something to ruin Elneny cause under Wenger he has always been a competent squad player at the very least.

Won Arsenal player of the month when he first came too

say yes

forum master baiter
He was great - comfortably the best game he’s ever had in an Arsenal shirt - but some of the consequent overrating is verging on the insane now.

Let’s see if he can keep up that level moving forward before going crazy over him. And how he moves the ball against a low block.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
He was great - comfortably the best game he’s ever had in an Arsenal shirt - but some of the consequent overrating is verging on the insane now.

Let’s see if he can keep up that level moving forward before going crazy over him. And how he moves the ball against a low block.

Ah come on mate, let's enjoy this one. Please.

Wryer

I might be clouded here. But I don't think ElNeny has had disastrous games where he cost us games. Granted, he rarely grabs the games by the scruff and win us a game (and neither do I think he did that in the Man Utd game), but he's usually 6/10.

We just need him to be a solid 7/10 every game and bring the best out of the rest.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

If you’ve been paying attention he’s been playing this way consistently throughout the season. He was as good, if not better against Fulham and Sheffield Utd who both defended deep.

It was his incisive pass for Bellerin’s run that gave us the breakthrough against the latter.

Pyres7

If you’ve been paying attention he’s been playing this way consistently throughout the season. He was as good, if not better against Fulham and Sheffield Utd who both defended deep.

It was his incisive pass for Bellerin’s run that gave us the breakthrough against the latter.
He also made the winner against Rapid Vienna with that defense splitting pass for Bellerin, again against a low block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom