• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa | Sunday 8th November| 19:15 GMT| Illegal Streams

Who’s the better keeper?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What's funny is that Villa came here and didn't show us a great deal of respect. They lined up essentially with two creative midfielders in Grealish and Barkley and gave them total freedom. McGinn who likes to get forward too. Along with Trezeguet and Watkins of course. Targett was also given license to go forward. They absolutely backed themselves to really come here and give it a real go. Meanwhile we had quite the cautious approach. It's funny how things have changed, it used to be us playing against teams with several creative midfielders with license to roam.
I think is the same team that played since start of season even against Liverpool only change was Trezeguet for Traore. They lost last 2 games at home conceded 7 its wierd but i think we disrespected Villa and got what we deserved.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Was there a point in selling one of our best aerial threats in Giroud when all we’re looking to do is play crosses into the box to a bum in Lacazette.

I wasn’t a fan of Giroud as I thought we’d switch our style and play counter attacking football but we can’t even do that now as Lacazette has no pace. He can barely hold up the ball too.

We need to identify whether we need a target man to bully defenders in the air or someone with a bit of pace and good on the ball.

When we sold Giroud we had a more attacking passing game still, ideally we should have gotten Auba with Giroud as back-up...but summer 2017, Pierre still hoped to play for Madrid so wouldn't have joined us.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We need to fast track Martinelli back into the team and bring him back in straight after the international break.

It doesn’t matter whether he’s not the best at retaining the ball. **** that. We need that sense of unpredictability in our attack.

I’m sure Martinelli wouldn’t do any worse than Lacazette. Nketiah can barely run with the ball yet Arteta always opts for him.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

A loss to an impressive Villa side is nothing to be ashamed about. It's the manner in which that loss came that rankles.

Say what you will about Arsène, but he the last time he lost at Villa Park John Gregory was manager. That was 22 years ago. Arteta managed to lose both home & away to them within a quarter of the same calendar year!!

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Im interested to see what mikel going after 2 weeks but i hope for more balanced team and more freedom going forward even if that mean conceding many chances a game but we bought Partey to help us with this

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

When we sold Giroud we had a more attacking passing game still, ideally we should have gotten Auba with Giroud as back-up...but summer 2017, Pierre still hoped to play for Madrid so wouldn't have joined us.

My whole point was Lacazette was struggling at the time and I remember Giroud was coming off the bench and saving us in a few games during that period.

Regardless of whether Giroud wanted to play or not, we shouldn’t have sold him just like last summer when we should have kept Emi Martinez. Keep them and just weed out the bums, eventually they would have noticed that Giroud would have provided a different threat than what Auba/Lacazette are giving us.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
If he's loosing more than he wins do you keep this hypothetical manager around? If he's not moving forward or backward do you still keep him around?

At what point do you question a manager? According to you it is based on time. I like to think its based on progress and results. How effective is he at implementing the necessary changes and the results that we are getting should determine how much time a manager is afforded.

Arteta bought himself time with those cup wins but to be honest I wasn't expecting much from a rookie manager and he hasn't even exceeded those expectations.

Honestly? Not after 7 games including Liverpool, City, United, Leicester, and apparently a top 4 contending Aston Villa.

I’d say 26 games into the season is fair.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
A loss to an impressive Villa side is nothing to be ashamed about. It's the manner in which that loss came that rankles.

Say what you will about Arsène, but he the last time he lost at Villa Park John Gregory was manager. That was 22 years ago. Arteta managed to lose both home & away to them within a quarter of the same calendar year!!
Leicester are more impressive and we lost because of maybe bad luck and 1 good counter from them. Today was totally we looked not interested and not professional

Kav

Established Member
Honestly? Not after 7 games including Liverpool, City, United, Leicester, and apparently a top 4 contending Aston Villa.

That is too late to question a manager. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he should be sacked yet. However his decisions and choices should surely be questioned based on the way we have played this season.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Leicester are more impressive and we lost because of maybe bad luck and 1 good counter from them. Today was totally we looked not interested and not professional

Absolutely shocking display. The last time we were torn apart with such purpose was by Chelsea back in 2009 when they won by a similar scoreline.

The similarities in the display were mirrored in the personnel, as we had the original Almunia in goal back then. Now we have his German counterpart deputising :lol:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Sorry but I can't agree, we should not be losing to Villa at home, as fine a side as they've been recently.

Of course if we then go onto win most of our other games then a blip is fine, but Arteta needs to make some serious changes.

Aubamagoal

so you’re saying we’re a mid table team at bst and can’t really compare to Villa or the worst United team in centuries? Whats next? A fantastic Leeds side led by the legendary Bielsa? Or maybe a resillient West Ham led by Moyes the Teta mentor?

how low has the bar dropped? what else are we going to excuse Arteta with? The red flags are out there for you to see. Nearly no chances created, no creativity, no threat at all.

this Arsenal team is painful to watch. Zero excitement. We’re not a sandbox for a clueless **** to learn his trade. You sink or you swim. Same for Edu the Kia ****.

i wish the stadiums were full so this bastard would be booed off and kicked out earlier

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
These kind of results happen when you rebuild nothing going to he shiny there will many of shocking displays and results but what's important now how mikel going to respond and if he change the system that been not affective since the start of season.

Aubamagoal

These kind of results happen when you rebuild nothing going to he shiny there will many of shocking displays and results but what's important now how mikel going to respond and if he change the system that been not affective since the start of season.

maybe Arteta will be good in a few years. What i see right now is a serious lack of quality by a noob of a manager.

why should we afford him more than one season?

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Sorry but I can't agree, we should not be losing to Villa at home, as fine a side as they've been recently.

Of course, if we then go onto win most of our other games then a blip is fine, but Arteta needs to make some serious changes.

Agreed. We shouldn't lose at home to any side, but we've no divine right to sit back & wait for the opposition to allow us clean runs on goal.

The players have failed but the impetus to have them playing in a system best suited to them lies with the manager.

Come to think of it, the moment he received his new promotion, his performances at the helm have taken a nosedive. He needs to be taken down a peg or two to remind him that, in the grand scheme of things, he's another coach who is ultimately replaceable. That'll be enough of an incentive to curb his arrogance :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom