• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
:lol::lol::lol: I’m talking about statistics that stand up to scrutiny, not some idea born out of frustration.

What statistics? Compared to whose? The Spanish monolinguist, the Spanish wannabe, or the Swedish model?
Do, for the love of sanity, get a realistic perspective.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Özil's contract at Arsenal expires at the end of the season, with the playmaker believed to want to continue his career at another club in London.

He joined the Gunners from Real Madrid in 2013 and has made 254 appearances for the club, scoring 44 goals and creating 77 assists, while also helping the team win three FA Cups

OSBK

Established Member
Abit of a long shot but whats the chances chelsea will take him at 32 and give him a 3 year contract.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The only way Özil's living in London next season is if he retires or takes a 70% paycut. Might interest Crystal Palace or West Ham at a push.

Still, when your number 1 factor in where you want to play is the based on location it's going to put most clubs off. Doesn't make you look motivated about your career.

Think he's more likely to end up in Turkey.

Last edited:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
leaving aside the bumsquad, most would agree.

free agent. knits the attack together. pretty fit and had a nice long rest. huge fan following. ensures that teams fear you and stick one or two people on him. Takes a mid level club up a notch. Gives a great option to a top team.

If Arsenal release him on a free now, he would get snapped up in 10 minutes. There are lots of teams in london.

Most employees do take up jobs and opportunities based on the location and commute, specially those married with kids.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:rofl: No London club would touch him with a specially modified 4 mile long barge pole. Nobody needs him. Leyton Orient might use him but the 3k a week top wage bracket might be a problem.

gamechannel

Willian is still an actual footballer who had options to play at other clubs. Özil on the other hand...

Özil the free agent will have more options than Willian, book it. Your bias is clear cuz you're comparing a free agent to a contracted player. Özil the free agent in 2018 had many lucrative offers from other clubs even though according to you, he was finished in 2018. Özil in 2021 would be no different. Although nowhere near as lucrative, he won't have shortage of suitors in Europe.

gamechannel

:rofl: No London club would touch him with a specially modified 4 mile long barge pole. Nobody needs him. Leyton Orient might use him but the 3k a week top wage bracket might be a problem.

Spuds could actually use him. Spevially if he comes cheap on modest wages. A front 4 of Bale, Kane, Son and Özil could be good for them. Besides, Mourinho is a fan. Its another story Özil wont go there due to his history with Arsenal.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Stranger things have happened.

I could see him going Chelsea or something if there was space for him depending on the manager but I can’t see him going Sp**s tbh.

His principles are too strong I can’t see it.

He’s definitely hunkered down in London though, I dunno if you guys have seen his new house? That along with his business ventures the London rumours make sense

Make

Player:Ødegaard
We gotta sell him as soon as possible in the winter window transfer if he is not going to play again for the team. It's clear, we need a playmaker player and Arteta and the rest of the staff don't want him, we need to sign a player like Grealish or Aouar.

GDeep™

League is very weak

I could see him going Chelsea or something if there was space for him depending on the manager but I can’t see him going Sp**s tbh.

He’s definitely hunkered down in London though, I dunno if you guys have seen his new house? That along with his business ventures the London rumours make sense
He’s 33 at the start of next season, can’t see any PL club touching him. His London houses and business ventures are all investments, he can go and play in Turkey, Italy or the US and return to them in 12-24 months.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

He claims the club froze him out because of making his stance know about China's human rights violations / genocide they're committing .

If that's true Arsenal essentially condone human rights violations / genocide against a people he feels kinship with by trying to muzzle him. He had such outrage and strong principles about Arsenal FC's terrible behaviour.... That refused to leave the club under any circumstances this summer.

I don't see a man of strong principles here.

I see someone who likes living in London and wants to be seen as a human rights activist up until the point it would affect his weekly pay cheque / place of living.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom