• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
wonder how it affects the morale of pepe, laca, auba, nketiah, nelson to suddenly end up in a team where the main creative force is Luiz.

Its never nice to serve under management who seem to have very deep grudges and a dysfunctional disconnect from reality and the task at hand.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I wasn't expecting to against teams outspending us by 10 or 11 times. You and other fans were, for some reason, that's why our manager was drummed out. :lol:

I wasnt expecting us to win the league maybe during the space of the first 4-5years of moving to the stadium. But after that I was expecting a challenge.

The whole point of competition is to win. Especially when your a big club in the capital city. Combined that with a world class stadium to be lingering around 3rd and 4th for so long with no push is stale and static.

The whole point of the move was to make us a serious European giant. It has actually proved to be all the opposite.

Maybe you are happy with no league title or CL in close to 20 years. But I'm not nor I would suggest are most fans.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Would you leave a well paid job if your boss said have a year off on full pay?

Yeah but we are not athletes, Adebayor said it himself that money for footballers is whatever since there's only so much one can eat with 3 meals a day. But the legacy of a footballer can only be made within a certain time frame, and no footballer wants to waste the timeframe of their playing career. All Özil is doing now is waste whatever he has left in his playing career, he could have left us and become a legend in a smaller club.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Yeah but we are not athletes, Adebayor said it himself that money for footballers is whatever since there's only so much one can eat with 3 meals a day. But the legacy of a footballer can only be made within a certain time frame, and no footballer wants to waste the timeframe of their playing career. All Özil is doing now is waste whatever he has left in his playing career, he could have left us and become a legend in a smaller club.

helped germany win the world cup, real madrid win the title and arsenal break their trophy drought. His legacy is even more secure as he used his success to help people and raise their issues.

still here come the toni kroos loving arguments about legacy.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I wasnt expecting us to win the league maybe during the space of the first 4-5years of moving to the stadium. But after that I was expecting a challenge.

The whole point of competition is to win. Especially when your a big club in the capital city. Combined that with a world class stadium to be lingering around 3rd and 4th for so long with no push is stale and static.

The whole point of the move was to make us a serious European giant. It has actually proved to be all the opposite.

Maybe you are happy with no league title or CL in close to 20 years. But I'm not nor I would suggest are most fans.
It doesn't matter what the point of the competition is. All the winners have come from the top 3 spending teams, every year but 1. It's a massive long shot for a team spending 5th like Arsenal.

And our fans are just realising this of course.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It doesn't matter what the point of the competition is. All the winners have come from the top 3 spending teams, every year but 1. It's a massive long shot for a team spending 5th like Arsenal.

If money is so important then why do we regularly get beat by teams with much smaller spend, budget and wages than us? Why right now are we 11th? We have spent a fortune over the last 3 or 4 seasons.

I am not denying money isnt important but a good coach and tactics can improve a team more than say spending 100m on one or two players. We have spent 200m on Laca/Auba/Pepe along with 30m Saliba, and another 80m Thomas and Gabriel and we are 11th. It's not spending big. Its spending smart.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If money is so important then why do we regularly get beat by teams with much smaller spend, budget and wages than us? Why right now are we 11th? We have spent a fortune over the last 3 or 4 seasons.

I am not denying money isnt important but a good coach and tactics can improve a team more than say spending 100m on one or two players. We have spent 200m on Laca/Auba/Pepe along with 30m Saliba, and another 80m Thomas and Gabriel and we are 11th. It's not spending big. Its spending smart.
If money isn't important how come only one team spending outside the top 3 on their squad have ever won the EPL, Leicester?

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭

Liverpool, Chelsea and Sp**s are in the bottom half for spending over the last 5 years and they have been consistent top 4 clubs. Liverpool especially have shown what you can do with a decent but not abnormal budget, good scouting and an exceptional manager.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...ubs-ranked-by-net-spend-over-last-five-years/

MikeVinna

Established Member
Do we have the talent to get top 4? I believe we do. It’s all about how we manage and develop that talent. So far this season I’m not liking how we look in that department.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Liverpool, Chelsea and Sp**s are in the bottom half for spending over the last 5 years and they have been consistent top 4 clubs. Liverpool especially have shown what you can do with a decent but not abnormal budget, good scouting and an exceptional manager.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...ubs-ranked-by-net-spend-over-last-five-years/
Net spend means nothing, it's the cost of the squad. I keep explaining this on here but few people seem to understand it. :lol: Net spend is as much about outgoing players as incoming, and they aren't playing any longer.
30-B11771-18-B2-4561-A5-F8-4-A1-DE3-FD2-F32.jpg

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Answer my questions first.
Your questions are irrelevant though, club investment is about long term odds not individual matches, and we haven't spent a fortune.

Here's an example City finishes since Mansour came. 1,2,1,2,4,3,1,1,2. That's what spending 1st gets you with several managers. But Southampton beat them last season, so what?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Your questions are irrelevant though, club investment is about long term odds not individual matches, and we haven't spent a fortune.

Here's an example City finishes since Mansour came. 1,2,1,2,4,3,1,1,2. That's what spending 1st gets you with several managers. But Southampton beat them last season, so what?

So based on money and no other factor we should finish 5th. What value does a good manager have?

Klopp got top 4 with this starting line up in his first full season. Those players then were not as good as now obviously but he had some stinkers in that team.

Mingolet/Karius 6m
Clyne 14m
Lovren 18m
Matip free
Milner free
Henderson 20m
Can 9m
Winjaldum 20m
Coutinho 9m
Firmino 32m
Mane 30m

Good managers improve individual players. I can't think of one who has really improved a great deal under Mikel. Who we can say over 10-15 games he looks a different player for the better.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

So based on money and no other factor we should finish 5th.
No, not at all. Based on our investment if we finish in the top 4, the managers done well. If we finish below 5th we've wasted money. If he wins the league he will have done what no other manager spending 5th has done, apart from the Leicester year. Simples.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Net spend means nothing, it's the cost of the squad. I keep explaining this on here but few people seem to understand it. :lol: Net spend is as much about outgoing players as incoming, and they aren't playing any longer.
30-B11771-18-B2-4561-A5-F8-4-A1-DE3-FD2-F32.jpg

Apart from you saying it why does net spend not mean anything? Wenger used to be praised for being able to spot talent cheap, develop them and sell them on for a big profits. Don’t you use net spend to support Wenger outperforming other clubs? Being able to do that is part of being a well run club. It’s not just about having money to spend we used to prove it and now Liverpool are doing so.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
That's very true. They can undermine and get rid of managers quite easily, as we've seen. Serious boycotts can ruin a club and put the owners into a state of panic.

But appointments . . nothing they can do really.

Yeah, and would would argue that the clubs decline started with Wenger's last 6 years, and wasn't stemmed after his departure because the club is run by ******.

Nothing whatsoever to do with the fans. In fact the fans did their best to try to save it by demanding a better manager, but a lost cause alas, is lost.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yeah, and would would argue that the clubs decline started with Wenger's last 6 years, and wasn't stemmed after his departure because the club is run by ******.

Nothing whatsoever to do with the fans. In fact the fans did their best to try to save it by demanding a better manager, but a lost cause alas, is lost.
A better manager was always highly unlikely. It's finally dawning on Arsenal fans, like it dawned on United fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom