• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
@Toby Andrl has convinced me that we should just give the keys to Rangnick and fire Edu yesterday.

If he wants to hire someone like Hassenhuttl or do it himself then I’m happy either way. Failing that Allegri and Pochettino are good options.

Worried we’ll end up with someone like Eddie Howe though.

Ideal option, especially if Rangnick is ready to work with Potchettino, and we are ready to back them in the market.

The worst thing about all this is that they are free right now, and you know we are gonna let this potential slip.

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I don't think anyone wants 'later years wenger' in terms of anything.
He'd lost the plot, sadly.

I don't want Rangnick either.
AC Milan didn't go with him in the end because he wanted to make AC Milan more 'european', and AC Milan want to go with a much more Italian vision, and kudos to them for trying it.

I want The Arsenal to have an English Owner ( unlikely/impossible now ), an English/British trainer ( jesus wept ), and an 8+3 in terms of British players on the pitch ( very possible ).

My Vision is but a distant speck on the horizon, obscured by clouds, but you have to have a dream...

arsenal_1991.jpg
Do you care about results or just realizing an EDL fantasy? :lol:

Oh_Snap

Voted Poch but the Idea of Tuchel is growing on me. At least he knows how to make a solid Team with **** players from his Mainz days.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
the sad truth is that at present we are in such dire straits that our historical status as a big club isn't worth the paper it's printed on
Only thing I would disagree with is this. I think Liverpool were in a worse state in 2015 when they sold Suarez and Sterling in consecutive summers while losing Gerrard as well. They spent £100m on players that would be considered deadwood within a year and the one star they had left in Sturridge succumbed to injuries. In spite of all of that, big names like Klopp and Ancelotti put themselves forward for the job even though they'd been in the wilderness for years bar one title challenging season.

A few months removed from winning the FA Cup, I don't think there would be any shortage of options here.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Ideal option, with Rangnick ready to work with Potchettino, and we are ready to back them in the market.

The worst thing about all this is that they are free right now, and you know we are gonna let this potential slip.

Potch was going for more control over transfer at Tottenham, no? Think that would make it a bad marriage.

I'm 100% on the Rangnick as our DoF train if it were ever to happen. Sell us a long term project, get some astute signings in to complement our spine in Gabriel, Partey and Auba. Start integrating Hale End along with Per.

Actually get a footballing structure that can survive once Ralf eventually moves with a good succession plan so we don't have power grab after power grab.

The alternative we have would be to luck out on a manager and a couple of players exploding into form and I'm done with stop gaps.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I don’t believe we can’t attract a top manager. We don’t just overpay players the managers package is pretty sweet as well wasn’t Wenger one of the highest paid managers in the world? We have the 4th/5th largest budget in the league and are in the top 10 richest clubs in the world. Expectations are rock bottom now to a point where top 6 would be an achievement and top 4 would be massive. If I was Brendan Rodgers or Pochettino this would be the job to take right now.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I don’t believe we can’t attract a top manager. We don’t just overpay players the managers package is pretty sweet as well wasn’t Wenger one of the highest paid managers in the world?

yeah, you could see Mourinho pining for it on Sky for a good two months... the guy even spoke about how he would set the team up

not many more expensive or demanding than him

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

yeah, you could see Mourinho pining for it on Sky for a good two months... the guy even spoke about how he would set the team up

not many more expensive or demanding than him
Went in-depth about all of our new signings at the time as well, he knows them all.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Another point is the language

All well and good if Tets is able to give his instructions in 5 or 6 languages during the game.

What it also means is that there is a team on the pitch that can't communicate with each other

No identity

Pyres7

I don’t believe we can’t attract a top manager. We don’t just overpay players the managers package is pretty sweet as well wasn’t Wenger one of the highest paid managers in the world? We have the 4th/5th largest budget in the league and are in the top 10 richest clubs in the world. Expectations are rock bottom now to a point where top 6 would be an achievement and top 4 would be massive. If I was Brendan Rodgers or Pochettino this would be the job to take right now.
I hope you're right, but looking at us: unbalanced and sub-par squad, not in CL, not enough money for adequate investment, low sale value of our squad (so we can't even sell to buy), impatient fans and negative atmosphere. If I was a top manager I wouldn't wanna join.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Someone like Potch will have interest from Real, PSG, Utd etc. I can see Allegri replace Tuchel too or join Utd.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don’t believe we can’t attract a top manager.
It’s there to see though? When Wenger was declining we didn’t push for Klopp, after Wenger we went for Emery, someone who is below the “top”, and then we hired someone who is a total newbie in Arteta.

It’s not about attracting also, we will always attract interest, it’s about convincing them to join a club where there are clear financial restrictions. There is a reason why 2 of our starters are freebies in Luiz/Willian, and the other is a loanee of two years, in Dani.

Emery and Arteta have no better offers so they’ll take the jobs, but guys like Potch will have phenomenal offers to pick from.

GDeep™

League is very weak
People talk about Rodgers, it’ll cost a bomb to buy him out of his Leicester contract, we won’t do that. I’m sure Leicester have protected themselves in some way, knowing in the future Rodgers might attract interest.

This talk is way off anyway, Arteta will be kept on and given another summer.

Atlas

I hope you're right, but looking at us: unbalanced and sub-par squad, not in CL, not enough money for adequate investment, low sale value of our squad (so we can't even sell to buy), impatient fans and negative atmosphere. If I was a top manager I wouldn't wanna join.

How many jobs are bigger than Arsenal? How many of those jobs need a manager or are likely to need a manager in the next year? Only United, Chelsea, Barca and Real come to mind. If you are a top manager there are not many options better than Arsenal.

Atlas

It’s there to see though? When Wenger was declining we didn’t push for Klopp, after Wenger we went for Emery, someone who is below the “top”, and then we hired someone who is a total newbie in Arteta.

It’s not about attracting also, we will always attract interest, it’s about convincing them to join a club where there are clear financial restrictions. There is a reason why 2 of our starters are freebies in Luiz/Willian, and the other is a loanee of two years, in Dani.

Emery and Arteta have no better offers so they’ll take the jobs, but guys like Potch will have phenomenal offers to pick from.

You look at United and the rubbish managers they have gone through post Fergie apart from Mourinho who came in a couple years too late. Not doing something doesn’t necessarily mean you couldn’t have. We could have done better and so could United.

Pochetinno who has been unemployed for over a year is a better manager than Ole and Arteta yet he’s still unemployed. It’s not like obvious examples of how we could improve are not around.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You look at United and the rubbish managers they have gone through post Fergie apart from Mourinho who came in a couple years too late. Not doing something doesn’t necessarily mean you couldn’t have. We could have done better and so could United.

Pochetinno who has been unemployed for over a year is a better manager than Ole and Arteta yet he’s still unemployed. It’s not like obvious examples of how we could improve are not around.
Man Utd employed Moyes after Ferguson told them, they then appointed LvG, then Mourinho. These are credible appointments. Even Ole was meant to be short term, yet he got CL football and was signed on.

We got Emery and Arteta because they are cheap and willing to work on a budget. Emery told you, “there is no money”.

Pyres7

How many jobs are bigger than Arsenal? How many of those jobs need a manager or are likely to need a manager in the next year? Only United, Chelsea, Barca and Real come to mind. If you are a top manager there are not many options better than Arsenal.
I read that Pirlo is under threat at Juve. PSG are likely to sack Tuchel if they don't do well in the CL. Big clubs change managers all the time so no one can predict when someone will get sacked. Clubs like Real and Bayern sack managers after winning major trophies. All of these clubs and the ones you mentioned are bigger draws than us at the moment.

Unless we get really lucky we might have to do it in two stages, first get someone to steady the ship, get us back into the CL and fix up the squad a bit, then we might be able to attract a real top manager.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
LMA_Eddie_Howe_25_1.max-800x350.jpg

...he's coming home, per my source.

Atlas

Man Utd employed Moyes after Ferguson told them, they then appointed LvG, then Mourinho. These are credible appointments. Even Ole was meant to be short term, yet he got CL football and was signed on.

We got Emery and Arteta because they are cheap and willing to work on a budget. Emery told you, “there is no money”.

No money apart from the close to 250m we’ve spent over the last 3 seasons. We’ve been one of the biggest spending teams over the last 5 years as well. Where are you guys getting this no budget no money stuff from?

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom