• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Dundalk v Arsenal | Thursday, December 10 | KO: 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

Do you believe Arsenal can win the Europa League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
21st birthday today aswell, so pretty bad timing for Reiss. Huge danger that he ends up in a perpetual state of having to build momentum off the back of niggly injuries every month or 2. I want to see if this is a pattern that continues further - if so, might be time to cash in and look for alternatives, as unfortunate as that mode of operating is.

I'd imagine that Azeez and Cottrell have travelled but knowing Arteta, it's very doubtful they will start. I think Cottrell is a bit of a stretch but Azeez should definitely start this game IMO. He's hit a nice run of form and it would be nice for him to show what he can do in a competitive game. As for Cottrell, he actually fits what we need to a degree - a tenacious but creative attacking midfielder with good close control and goalscoring ability. Will be interesting to see if he gets game time tomorrow.

We'll have to see!

I am even tempted to say Taylor-Hart should at least be on the bench. It's weird how Taylor-Hart still hasn't signed on. Don't know if it is from his side or the club, but it's pretty concerning. Especially if Nelson ends up not making it here, Taylor-Hart fits the profile of that sort of winger with quickness, unpredictability and technique.

Raicore

I am even tempted to say Taylor-Hart should at least be on the bench. It's weird how Taylor-Hart still hasn't signed on. Don't know if it is from his side or the club, but it's pretty concerning. Especially if Nelson ends up not making it here, Taylor-Hart fits the profile of that sort of winger with quickness, unpredictability and technique.

Possible that the kid doesn't trust the process. Seeing how Arteta favours the overpaid underperformers all the time o_O

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Someone said it last week and I disagreed, but I think for this game I'd go with a very strong team. I know it wont happen but I'd start Auba, Willian, Pepe, Laca. Get them firing in the first half, then start bringing on the likes of Balogun and Nelson in the second half.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Mikel has gotten it right having a cup team. If Auba gets injured we may as well stop showing up to league matches.

The few things Mikel has gotten right the fans are eager to change :lol:
Formation, Auba out left, etc.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Mikel has gotten it right having a cup team. If Auba gets injured we may as well stop showing up to league matches.

The few things Mikel has gotten right the fans are eager to change :lol:
Formation, Auba out left, etc.

Tbf though Auba has probably been our weakest forward this season, Lacazette and Willian have outperformed him even with all the grief I give them.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Tbf though Auba has probably been our weakest forward this season, Lacazette and Willian have outperformed him even with all the grief I give them.
Not going to argue that but surely you keep him out of dead rubber matches?

Most of us moan about seeing old guys on the pitch anyways, perfect game for Balogun or whoever.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Not going to argue that but surely you keep him out of dead rubber matches?

Most of us moan about seeing old guys on the pitch anyways, perfect game for Balogun or whoever.

Oh god no he shouldn't be playing, tbh this game should just be kids and guys like Sokratis (remember him?) or Chamber/Mari to get fitness.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wonder why Sokratis fell out of favour so badly.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Oh god no he shouldn't be playing, tbh this game should just be kids and guys like Sokratis (remember him?) or Chamber/Mari to get fitness.
You even gonna watch? :lol:

Im usually bang up for it but for the first time in a while I don’t even feel like it much. Still will though.

baccy_man

Established Member
This is the sort of game that we should be giving Saliba, game time we have won the group and have nothing to lose it would have been good experience for Saliba, to build his confidence,
It makes no sense not to have him registered for these games while Chambers, and Holding, were injured Saliba could have been getting game time.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That was weird. He’s very rash in tackles and a bit of a hot head, but still better than Mustafi. In fact every CB in professional football is better than Mustafi. Another question mark against Mikel.
But because he isn't Özil it doesn't come up.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wonder why Sokratis fell out of favour so badly.
Can't pass. Never looked at him as an especially bad defender personally, just limited.

Arteta wants all his boys at the back to at least be able to pass adequately well.

Taylor-Hart to me has elements of Nelson and Xavier Amaechi who left last Summer. I don't want us to fail with him the way we did with Amaechi - now rotting in Germany unfortunately, should have at least tried to stay in England IMO, he'd have been playing more by now.

Taylor-Hart though has the right blend of speed, technique and skill to always be a threat to whoever he faces, and that's a necessary trait for his position in any of the forward areas. I'm a little concerned we're not doing anything significant with him given he's arguably one of the best performing forwards currently in the academy set-up. I at least want to hear that he's signed a pro deal by next month.

thank goodness
This is relieving, hopefully he'll be in contention for the more competitive games coming up.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I just had a thought - given Taylor-Hart isn't pro yet and not in the squad.......

Will they call up Omari Hutchinson? :lol:

He's 17, is registered for the EL and has signed his pro deal. Scored a goal at the weekend too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom