• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
If a new manager comes in and galvanises our senior squad then it's going to be a short term fix. It will eventually unravel all over again. We have the wrong characters in our dressing room.
We all know that the players are not god enough technically or mentality wise. Just look at the context in which our leader got sent off today. Indefensible. But I think arteta is cooked as it's seems he has lost a lot of the senior players, which puts us in relegation threat.

manberg4

So Xhaka’s mistimed tackles, and conservative passing is trying hard and getting frustrated but strikers missing chances can’t be the same?

Comedian

The incident that got him sent off is what I was referring to. He’s been one of our better players. He’s also been left frustrated by the lack of movement in front of him from the strikers.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

on Xhaka's red card...
He's made a mistake, clearly. The way the game was going, the dominance that we had... it was a game that we had to win and with 10 men it makes it much more difficult. You give the opponent a chance and you end up losing.

on Pepe's red card offence...
It's very clear, it's unacceptable. It's unacceptable.

manberg4

on Xhaka's red card...
He's made a mistake, clearly. The way the game was going, the dominance that we had... it was a game that we had to win and with 10 men it makes it much more difficult. You give the opponent a chance and you end up losing.

on Pepe's red card offence...
It's very clear, it's unacceptable. It's unacceptable.

You should be a journalist. He started it off by saying Xhaka’s red was unacceptable and worse than the Pepe one.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Extending Luiz in particular is a baffling decision.. Everyone knows he's toxic and quick to turn on managers, even in his first year here he did it already with Emery and basically admitted he didn't train properly during the covid break because of his contract situation.with his reputation too why take the risk. It's not even surprising that he turned on Arteta now.
Is he toxic though? Or he is just experienced enough to know when a manager loses the plot?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The incident that got him sent off is what I was referring to. He’s been one of our better players. He’s also been left frustrated by the lack of movement in front of him from the strikers.

Bullshit. He doesn’t even look for their runs.

Legend14

Established Member
He was never a manager at City, he was a coach and coaches are usually popular with players because they have no responsibility. They are workers for the manager
Even as a “ coach” he was well respected. Seems he got along with the players without issue.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
You want to know one of the biggest reasons we play so bad? It's because we don't play any ball from the middle. Because we play with players unable to do this. Only one capable of that is Ceballos a bit and Partey sometimes.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Even as a “ coach” he was well respected. Seems he got along with the players without issue.
you have to an idiot for not getting along with players as coach. There is no reason for players to fall out with a coach. He is basically doing what the manager tells him. stop this......being a good coach doesnt have anything to do with being a good manager

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
You want to know one of the biggest reasons we play so bad? It's because we don't play any ball from the middle. Because we play with players unable to do this. Only one capable of that is Ceballos a bit and Partey sometimes.

That's Partey's bread and butter but we don't have anyone but Willian who can receive those passes between the lines and turn in one movement to combine or pick out the pass to the winger/wingback.

Doesn't really matter now because the fans have been asking to move away from this type of football and now we finally have it. We just gotta get better at crossing the ball and getting at the end of those crosses.

Legend14

Established Member
you have to an idiot for not getting along with players as coach. There is no reason for players to fall out with a coach. He is basically doing what the manager tells him. stop this......being a good coach doesnt have anything to do with being a good manager
Getting along with players while in a leadership role doesn’t carry over when your title changes? Have you been in management/leadership before?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This is his downfall really.

He has followed Wenger's pattern to a large degree:
one side (Saka) - pure winger
one side (Pepe/Willian) - playmaker

What Arteta (and Emery) did not do is actually playing through the middle. We follow this weird in-out-in pattern.

They keep trying to play out to the WBs for cut-backs and it does my head in!

Give it to Lacazette, dammit. Let him spin and feed Auba. Give it to Willian when he in near the D, not on the wing.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
This is his downfall really.

He has followed Wenger's pattern to a large degree:
one side (Saka) - pure winger
one side (Pepe/Willian) - playmaker

What Arteta (and Emery) did not do is actually playing through the middle. We follow this weird in-out-in pattern.

They keep trying to play out to the WBs for cut-backs and it does my head in!

Give it to Lacazette, dammit. Let him spin and feed Auba. Give it to Willian when he in near the D, not on the wing.
At least low cross and cut backs are more useful. Why are we not keeping the fxxking ball on the ground?

We are spamming hopeless 2009 stoke city like high crosses at the moment.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I really can't see us sacking him though. Said it before but I think everyone from the canteen staff to Senior Kronke like him and want him to succeed. Depending on where we are Jan, I reckon we'll back him pretty big.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom