• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This squad is cancerous, it really is. **** all of the senior players, seriously.

I really don't care who the manager is come next summer, you ****ing blow this squad to smithereens next summer and start up again. You disband these ****ing groups in the dressing room, you bring in a totally different set of players who change the vibe on the pitch and at the club.

I think Arsenal were the biggest losers from covid. We had a new manager who wanted to imprint a but of a culture change and instead no one wanted to buy our ****s, and we couldnt bring in enough bodies. I hope the market stabilises next summer so we can really get rid of large numbers of our players and just start again.

Miyata

Can't ****ing believe shills like Gdeep and Hairspray still want this scrub at our club for another 2-3 years for his ****ing "rebuild". Yeh right **** off . You Arteta bootlickers are ****ing disgusting
You're completely losing it. Didn't Arteta warn us it will take time for his rebuild?
After the FA cup win the whole fanbase was yelling to give him time etc.

And now, after 3 months everyone wants him out. What rebuild time are we speaking of? 2 weeks?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

This squad is cancerous, it really is. **** all of the senior players, seriously.

I really don't care who the manager is come next summer, you ****ing blow this squad to smithereens next summer and start up again. You disband these ****ing groups in the dressing room, you bring in a totally different set of players who change the vibe on the pitch and at the club.

I think Arsenal were the biggest losers from covid. We had a new manager who wanted to imprint a but of a culture change and instead no one wanted to buy our ****s, and we couldnt bring in enough bodies. I hope the market stabilises next summer so we can really get rid of large numbers of our players and just start again.
If he really wanted a new imprint and culture change, why does he continue to stick by the same tossers?

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

If he really wanted a new imprint and culture change, why does he continue to stick by the same tossers?
Even with the people who are super pro Arteta, I can see them struggling with this bit.

There was no reason to start Xhaka or Bellerin tonight for example other than blind faith, because we do have options. Plus it was Burnley.

Aubameyang is a bit different. Well, I could be bias with that one but me Id stick with him.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I posted this exactly this time last year:

If this is to work, he’ll need to get rid of some deadwood and bring in reinforcements in January.

I can’t forget how some of the players in our squad treated Unai Emery and how easily they’ve given up at times during the past few months. Xhaka, Torreira, Mustafi and AMN can go in January then we can cash in on Lacazette in the summer.

A year on and nothing has changed. Arteta has shown faith in these bums and he has to go down with them.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

To be honest it seems like he tried to impose his will more than anything else. A culture of change needs to be organic, not forced with an iron fist. You can’t expect to change the squad mentality and have them run through brick walls for you while at the same time publicly undermine elements of the squad.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I don't know, he doesnt have anything better really does he. He has played Elneny for example whenever fit over Ceballos and Xhaka. And I think he brought in Willian thinking he is a model professional which backfired as hes been ****ing ****.

But yeh thats actually my issue with Arteta, he has his favourites. Its contradicts what he says a lot because he seems to play players who are performing badly like Xhaka, Bellerin, Willian. But at the same time I think there are much deeper issues than that. Fans think its easier to completely blame the manager and hopefully the next one can fix things but we have a rotten core I'm telling you. We won't succeed until we get rid of these ****s. And they might go off and do well in another side where they are a new face and they join an already established leadership and hierarchy in a dressing room which isn't completely ****ed. But in this club the old blood just hasnt worked, they have mostly let the club down and done some really dodgy ****. Thats the priority for me.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Only one winner from this all:

EpJ1cqfW8AETxIL

:lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I posted this exactly this time last year:

A year on and nothing has changed. Arteta has shown faith in these bums and he has to go down with them.
To be honest it seems like he tried to impose his will more than anything else. A culture of change needs to be organic, not forced with an iron fist. You can’t expect to change the squad while at the same time publicly undermining elements of the squad.
Did he really have an opportunity to overhaul the squad? Our assets like Torreira and Guendouzi couldn't even be sold, we have a plethora of assholes sitting on their final year of their contracts (including the 17m a year Özil), Laca couldnt be sold etc.

His comments recently about how many players he needs is quite telling. I think he wanted a volume of players but was told we need to sell before we buy, and that the wage bill is so bloated. I dont know, I feel like financially that is quite realistic.

Anyway if results don't pick up then of course he has to go. But I'm just saying there are deeper issues at this club. Unless we bring in someone who has a sensational effect on us (a Poch/Klopp type one) we are going to be **** with this core of players. I absolutely ****ing hate so many of them. Selling the likes of Xhaka, Lacazette, Bellerin as well as Özil leaving are like signings for me personally. I would celebrate every single one of them.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Not sure he can turn it around. He looked very despondent in that interview.
Agree, he looks lost. Well, this is the problem with hiring someone with no head caching experience. I support the Denver Broncos in the NFL and the club hired Josh McDaniels after firing Mike Shanahan who coached the team 14 years. McDaniels had no head coaching experience. It started out well to okay but then soon went absolutely tits up and he was fired after less than 2 seasons.

Hiring a coach that actually hasn't coached before is always a gamble and there is always a chance it doesn't work. Lot's of great ideas, but if they don't work they don't work...

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
80-90% of the senior players are here because Arteta specifically wanted them to be here... He could have easily got rid off or not bought the vast majority of them.

Extending Luiz in particular is a baffling decision.. Everyone knows he's toxic and quick to turn on managers, even in his first year here he did it already with Emery and basically admitted he didn't train properly during the covid break because of his contract situation.with his reputation too why take the risk. It's not even surprising that he turned on Arteta now.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't know, he doesnt have anything better really does he. He has played Elneny for example whenever fit over Ceballos and Xhaka. And I think he brought in Willian thinking he is a model professional which backfired as hes been ****ing ****.

But yeh thats actually my issue with Arteta, he has his favourites. Its contradicts what he says a lot because he seems to play players who are performing badly like Xhaka, Bellerin, Willian. But at the same time I think there are much deeper issues than that. Fans think its easier to completely blame the manager and hopefully the next one can fix things but we have a rotten core I'm telling you. We won't succeed until we get rid of these ****s. And they might go off and do well in another side where they are a new face and they join an already established leadership and hierarchy in a dressing room which isn't completely ****ed. But in this club the old blood just hasnt worked, they have mostly let the club down and done some really dodgy ****. Thats the priority for me.

The problem is we keep acquiring more shackles

Mustafi, Xhaka, Özil, Sokratis, Lacazette

All these guys need to go before we can really progress.

Now we've added Willian, Soares, Mari. Auba on a big contract when who knows if he'll recover from this poor period (I think he will).

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
To be honest it seems like he tried to impose his will more than anything else. A culture of change needs to be organic, not forced with an iron fist. You can’t expect to change the squad mentality and have them run through brick walls for you while at the same time publicly undermine elements of the squad.

Imagine walking up to Mustafi or Luiz and going, mate have you tried being a bit less ****? That would be grand for me and the team if you did that.

Also, cross the ball! Tá!

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

80-90% of the senior players are here because Arteta specifically wanted them to be here... He could have easily got rid off or not bought the vast majority of them.

Extending Luiz in particular is a baffling decision.. Everyone knows he's toxic and quick to turn on managers, even in his first year here he did it already with Emery and basically admitted he didn't train properly during the covid break because of his contract situation.with his reputation too why take the risk. It's not even surprising that he turned on Arteta now.

Stinks of weak weak weak weak sauce.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
That's just not factually true. If he could have easily gotten rid of the majority of them, then why didn't we sell Doozy, Sokratis, had to terminate Miki's contract etc etc?
Arteta had to do with what he had on his plate and because he's not easy to work with at all, throws players under the bus and has agendas the squad went full blown mutiny.
Now it's clear that they're sabotaging him to get him sacked because his methods are garbage.

Polar Bear

Arteta has made many big decisions and so many of them are questionable.

Özil was a mistake.

Keeping Xhaka was a mistake.

Signing Willian was a mistake.

Saliba being mysteriously banished was a mistake.

Letting players like Willian/Xhaka/Bellerin get away with their f**k ups is a mistake.

Selling Martinez was a mistake, the guy grew up in Arsenal and waited a decade too finally get his chance, and when he did finally play he was excellent, he was soooooo good for us!!!. He is playing out of his skin at Villa, very poor decision to let him go I feel.. Martinez did nothing wrong

Trying to offer Mustafi a new contract was a mistake.

Letting Guendouzi and Torreira go I am uncertain if it was a mistake or the right thing to do, They both have issues and had many poor games. Neither is scoring for us either lol!. So I won't list that, but maybe some will.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Pop Tart

Established Member
Really think this was the game to start smith rowes,Nelson's of this world considering the opposition. I would of accepted the loss if he was trying something different.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom