• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Kav

Established Member
They showed the same with emery we were 19 points after 13 games last season

If Arteta showed any competence he would've gotten similar amount of points this season. He has gotten 14 points over the same number of games, 5 points less and 7 positions worse in the table. I doubt you can put this on the players alone. Both Arteta and the players need to be doing better.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
...And that's exactly why he should be sacked. This is a huge job and we can't afford to be a new manager's training wheels. So in this scenario, he doesn't get a free pass, just because he's "inexperienced".
Understand your point it was huge job for him but the board seem with him but my point will remain the same the team is not good a new manager can get this squad to like 8th but still major overhaul needed

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Arteta kept faith in these bums too. He’s ultimately at fault for that decision.

Willian and Xhaka were starting week after week.

Ridiculous stuff tbh, I'd have a bit more sympathy if he didn't persist with these guys, Bellerin too, Laca, Holding. Guys will put in poor performances week after week and have been untouchable.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
So the club should be held hostage while he maybe develops some common sense and man management skills? :lol: That's not really a luxury we have. Remember that there are huge financial implications for us continuing to be sh*t.
They took gamble i did warn about Arteta and we'll go into periods like this because he inexperienced.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Understand your point it was huge job for him but the board seem with him but my point will remain the same the team is not good a new manager can get this squad to like 8th but still major overhaul needed
8th would be a dream, Arteta has us in a relegation battle. I'd love it if he turned it around..... but I don't see it

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
It may because he inexperienced and it'll took him while to turn around i don't know but i can't trust these players anymore
This isn't an excuse, Yousif. Julian Nagelsmann is 33 ****ing years old and had bad luck with his footballing career that was cut very short, but he's been doing a great job since he started coaching.

Mikel played professional football for quite a while under Moyes and Wenger, then as an assistant to Pep and he's still ****.

You either have it or you don't. This "he needs time" or "he needs 2-3 transfer windows to get the players he wants" is a load of malarkey as far as I'm concerned.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
8th would be a dream, Arteta has us in a relegation battle. I'd love it if he turned it around..... but I don't see it
For me no difference between 17th 8th it won't qualify us to anywhere i also wish we didn't win fa cup last season because it could have forced us to trim the squad.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
For me no difference between 17th 8th it won't qualify us to anywhere i also wish we didn't win fa cup last season because it could have forced us to trim the squad.
I mean, I'd like to watch us win a few games and try to play football. 8th is a lot better than 17th. I don't want to watch us scrape to 40 points ffs

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
They took gamble i did warn about Arteta and we'll go into periods like this because he inexperienced.
An inexperienced manager maybe loses a couple in a row or takes a bit longer to implement his philosophy. This is beyond inexperience. There is no discernible philosophy and we're averaging less than a goal a game a third of the way through the season. That's a far larger sample size than can be blamed on inexperience and it comes along with his resistance to making the kind of personnel decisions that would produce different results. Inexperience is not Arteta's issue. Competence is. The best thing for his career frankly is to be sacked, hopefully develop some humility and then start over at a smaller club with lower standards.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel

Disagree. A world-class manager will get us top 6, maybe even top 4. But they'd have to be immense. We actullay have a pretty ****ing good squad. We have a WC striker, top winger and striker prospects, good creative winger in Pepe, I actually think Özil is still a solid 10 (just needs good man management) and pretty good midfield pivot in Partey and Ceballos (with good prospect in Guen). Actually, the first 11 is not a bad team at all. There's a reason why Emery was able to get us 2 points from 3rd in his first season. There's actually a decent team in here.

This isn't an excuse, Yousif. Julian Nagelsmann is 33 ****ing years old and had bad luck with his footballing career that was cut very short, but he's been doing a great job since he started coaching.

Mikel played professional football for quite a while under Moyes and Wenger, then as an assistant to Pep and he's still ****.

You either have it or you don't. This "he needs time" or "he needs 2-3 transfer windows to get the players he wants" is a load of malarkey as far as I'm concerned.

Even if he needs time. Its not our job to give it to him. We're a big club with ambitions FFS! We should be aiming for trophies every ****ing year.

I wonder if they hired Mourinho where would we be in the table right now , what do you all think ?

He'd sell our best youth prospects but win us a title lol

GDeep™

League is very weak

**** off Walcott, I know we played ****e, but you are one of the most spineless, gutless players we had in our history ffs
Nah not true at all, scored regularly as a kid.

Those kids back in the day had more about them then all these players we have now.

Reactions: Kav

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Ridiculous stuff tbh, I'd have a bit more sympathy if he didn't persist with these guys, Bellerin too, Laca, Holding. Guys will put in poor performances week after week and have been untouchable.

Exactly.

I sussed Arteta out a while back that he’s got agendas and it’s clear he’s out of his depth. It’s funny that Emery got torn apart for persisting with the bums in our squad (Xhaka, Elneny, Torreira etc) but the pro Arteta fans that are riding his **** want to give him a few windows but weren’t willing to do the same with Emery.

Personality contest here.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom