• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'd rather my club sign good players with good characters. Not good players who are only interested in the queens head.

You need both. You can't just have players that will run through brick walls for the team just like you can't just have 11 Aubameyang's. You need a good blend, another reason why the squad is completely unbalanced right now.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
So many people have called out the players now, including Emery and I think Freddie too didn't he? It's funny when people talk about Luiz and Xhaka's invaluable leadership or how important they are in the dressing room when it's clear how **** it all is and they are often the root of our problems.
Exactly. I have been trying to spead this exact **** throughout the forum because it looks like people are sleep walking and ignoring the underlying issues here.... the players have now failed with 2-3 managers in which they performed less than their sum of parts and dropped to embarassing positions in the table.

Blow it up and start again, we are getting the opportunity handed to us next summer with all the players leaving for free.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
The real figures are here, we’re not talking about your made up ones, because you don’t like what you’re seeing.
as

It's not about the money with Liverpool. It's all about the scouting.

Our scouting has been dreck for years... years. We just don't know how to buy or sell players. Our management of our talent assets is borderline criminal.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

People can say what they like but imo we were an attractive prospect after last season. Everyone raving about Mikel, trophy success, signing Auba on. Players would of wanted to come because they’d of seen we’d probably get CL with them easily.

All that hard work gone now tho.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Our scouting has been dreck for years... years. We just don't know how to buy or sell players. Our management of our talent assets is borderline criminal.
Agreed. They spent a lot more than us on players, but, they’ve bought wisely. We’ve paid over the odds and bought some disasters. That’s why the gap is bigger than it should be.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Not even just their scouting tbf, aside from the Ox and Keita who have poor injury records they rarely get a transfer wrong under Klopp. You've got players Klopp originally signed that are still in his main 11. Gini, Mane, Robbo, Salah all early signings. He rarely gets anything wrong.

That's one of the main reasons why they don't spend much money, fantastic to watch to be honest. Amazing that its been 5 years and they have had so much success with signings from such a small amount of money.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Agreed. They spent a lot more than us on players, but, they’ve bought wisely. We’ve paid over the odds and bought some disasters. That’s why the gap is bigger than it should be.

Since 16/17 we've spent £530M whilst not even being in the CL, which is insane. I think the sum we've spent along with the wages we've handed out should be that of a team finishing in 4th or 3rd regularly.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

So this year Chelsea will have overtaken Liverpool on the little list you have there and Sp**s will be remaining around the same level. But Liverpool are favourites to win the title, yet their spend has dropped off a cliff and the three teams above them aren't even in the bloody top 4!!!!! :lol:

Everton will probably be close to overtaking Liverpool as well, squad spend means **** all these days. So many teams are now spending big money on players, there's way too many variables to be looking at a BS chart.

Going by your chart City should be winning the league, PSG the CL, Madrid should be in the CL final and winning La Liga... Just doesn't work like that broski.
Well we’ll agree on that. This is a strange year like no other. No fans, well over a 100 players missing from teams because of isolation. It’s really a year where anything unusual could happen. Who knows Southampton could win, like 2015/16, let alone Liverpool.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Since 16/17 we've spent £530M whilst not even being in the CL, which is insane. I think the sum we've spent along with the wages we've handed out should be that of a team finishing in 4th or 3rd regularly.
Certainly 5th, I agree.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Well we’ll agree on that. This is a strange year like no other. No fans, well over a 100 players missing from teams because of isolation. It’s really a year where anything unusual could happen. Who knows Southampton could win, like 2015/16, let alone Liverpool.

But even next summer you'll probably see Chelsea spend further, Everton spend further and Arsenal will also spend a big chunk. Liverpool I don't see spending over £100M at all. Therefore you may actually have 4 or 5 teams ahead of Liverpool in terms of squad spend/cost.

I think your metric has some merit but the importance of it for me personally isn't as high simply due to what teams are spending now.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Not even just their scouting tbf, aside from the Ox and Keita who have poor injury records they rarely get a transfer wrong under Klopp. You've got players Klopp originally signed that are still in his main 11. Gini, Mane, Robbo, Salah all early signings. He rarely gets anything wrong.

That's one of the main reasons why they don't spend much money, fantastic to watch to be honest. Amazing that its been 5 years and they have had so much success with signings from such a small amount of money.
They have a system.

Even if the players that are just ok, they go to Liverpool and there is a plan and a role there. You can't tell me you envy Henderson, Wijnaldum or Keita. We had Oxlade.

Jota is brilliant, but who noticed him when he was often rotated at Wolves? Some did but that one isn't obvious nobody thought Liverpool.

We sign players where are they? Tierney and Gabriel aside none of them start or have held down a position. Or even get included in squad.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
They have a system.

Even if the players that are just ok, they go to Liverpool and there is a plan and a role there. You can't tell me you envy Henderson, Wijnaldum or Keita. We had Oxlade.

Jota is brilliant, but who noticed him when he was often rotated at Wolves? Some did but that one isn't obvious nobody thought Liverpool.

We sign players where are they? Tierney and Gabriel aside none of them start or have held down a position. Or even get included in squad.

I don't envy Henderson, but you can't deny he's improved a lot. Wijnaldum is a fantastic player, he'd improve us a lot. Keita is also a fantastic player but quite simply injury prone.

Jota also a man who was excellent for Wolves and always looked a talent but he was always a rotation/depth option for Liverpool.

Harz

Liverpool has a top coach, we didn't have one for a long while now.

Also agree that Klopp and pre-obsolescence Wenger are pretty similar.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

As did Laca

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-arsenal-squad-definitely-supports-unai-emery

Couldn't care less about these interviews to appease the fans tbh, just show it on the pitch.
"Obviously we're not at the top of our game at the moment, but we remain leaders in the UEFA Europa League [Group F], we're still in the running in the championship. I think now we just need to work on keeping things calm and moving forward with that.

"We're working together every day on a constant basis to pick up the slack. The group definitely supports the coach, and I'm sure the club does as well. We're a very tight group, and we're doing everything we can to improve."
:lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom