• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | Saturday 26th December | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bergholt

I would not play Auba CF. Just not his strength in EPL. Hopefully he was inspired by the hunger today.

If he doesn't play CF then where does he play? Clearly Saka and Martinelli have to play whenever fit.

How about:

Saka ESR Auba
Martinelli

?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
ESR wasn't spectacular but he was pretty good. When I saw his name on the sheet I thought last-chance salloon for Arteta. A gamble bacuease he didnt know what else to do. But it worked, obviously not just because of him, the whole team worked their socks off, but he played his part very well indeed.

We lose a bit with Saka on the right but we gain by not having Willian on so more of ESR please.
His technical quality is obvious but his movement for such a young lad is exceptional. He's fantastic at finding pockets of space, similar to Özil.

Pyres7

Elnenny is the better partner for Partey because he's got the pace to cover for him when he drives forward. If you play Xhaka then Partey is more restricted.
I agree in theory but Elneny has been awful in the last few games. Losing the ball far too often and losing physical battles. Maybe we're trying to coach him into a different style of play but it's not working atm, he was much better when he was playing simple, quick one/two touch football.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

ESR SAKA MARTINELLI should be starting for us. You saw that Chelsea players couldn't cope with their movement.

I don't want to see Willian walking around the field with a walking stick and an overcoat.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

I agree in theory but Elneny has been awful in the last few games. Losing the ball far too often and losing physical battles. Maybe we're trying to coach him into a different style of play but it's not working atm, he was much better when he was playing simple, quick one/two touch football.
So have Xhaka and Ceballos. Elnenny has looked very good when playing with Partey. They appear to compliment each other really well.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Arteta- hopes its a turning point that can elevate the confidence of the players who were suffering with the recent results. He feels vindicated today with the injuries, sending offs, covid etc all going against the team. He feels the tempo we started with was key. On the youngsters, he says all the players were superb and won't single out anyone for praise :(. He better not ruin a winning formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom