• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Yeah his agent is definitely talking to people trying to leverage the club. Like any good agent should.

Hopefully he stays if he wants to.

He's Nketiah's agent as well. He probably doesn't want both at the club blocking each other from making it. That will have a negative affect on future earnings potential. One of Nketiah or Balogun will end up leaving.

Goonger

At Arsenal, yes. Other clubs dont seem to have this issue bizarrely.

Really? How many other top half Premier league clubs are introducing youngsters regularly. We have Martinelli, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Nketiah, Willock, Nelson all in squads regularly. Your never going to keep them all happy I'm afraid.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's Nketiah's agent as well. He probably doesn't want both at the club blocking each other from making it. That will have a negative affect on future earnings potential. One of Nketiah or Balogun will end up leaving.

And Saka and Iwobi. Agent is clearly willing to keep players here if they play or move them if not so should take it seriously. At same time can't guarantee him a starting spot or anything

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Really? How many other top half Premier league clubs are introducing youngsters regularly. We have Martinelli, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Nketiah, Willock, Nelson all in squads regularly. Your never going to keep them all happy I'm afraid.
United and Liverpool seem to do a decent job, then on top of that get good fees when they sell. Dont think the issue from fans is just keeping the talent but getting good money for them even if the writing is on the wall.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
source.gif

@MutableEarth right now.

Breezy

Another youngster with clearly high potential being allowed to leave for nothing.

We can add Balogun to Malen, Bennacer, Gnabry and Jeff.

Pure incompetence as usual from the club.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Wish the boy well. Looked fantastic in the very short space of time I saw him, impossible to tell how it would have worked out. There's only a finite number of spots at in any elite (*) level team, you cant keep everyone happy.

(*) I use the term 'elite' in its loosest sense in relation to the current Arsenal side obviously :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Why would it make a difference? The rules changed for the Premier League, not for any EU country. They've always had it easier signing youngsters from around the world.
The rules changed for EU countries too. British people no longer have the right to live and work in Europe as they had before. To work there they will need to meet whatever criteria is set out by the national government for non EU citizens.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Its always difficult when you have a talented youngster whos contract is ending. With a player like Saka or Martinelli, we had played them enough in PL games to know how good they could be. How much do we have to pay Balogun per week to make him stay? And then we cant even offer him a starting spot. When you look at it from Baloguns position its no surprise he wants out. I dont blame the club, its just how it goes. Even if we did manage to get him to sign, we would still look at a better striker to replace Laca in the summer.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The rules changed for EU countries too. British people no longer have the right to live and work in Europe as they had before. To work there they will need to meet whatever criteria is set out by the national government for non EU citizens.

What i mean is the only meaningful change that came about because of Brexit is his now non-EU status. That means he falls under the category of a non-EU player. The rules for a German/French/Spanish club signing non-EU players didn't change with Brexit. From what i remember most EU countries don't have as strict rules for signing non-EU players (like we do for meeting a certain amount of points based on fee, international appearances etc), although some have squad limits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom