• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
822.jpeg

“We signed a big project that we had some issues with because he’s not played enough football over the past 18 months and at that age, and in the development phase he is at, that is crucial,” our manager said.

In the months before joining Arsenal post injury Saliba played 900 minutes straight in the league & cup matches for Saint Etienne. He would have been training straight up to summer breaks but clubs could not agree on financial package for the cup final.

“I was always very conscious when he came back, when he didn’t do the step that he had to before joining us, that to start a relationship with a new manager, a new club, new team-mates where he is not having any game-time is really difficult and I think it is damaging for the future.

Saliba was not registered for the relevant competitions by this regime, looked over for Carabo Cup games despite being eligible & the club failed to secure a loan.

“I want to protect the player that we signed and the future we have alongside him and the best way to do that is to give him minutes to play. He has been really good, it has been a difficult few months for him to cope with that situation but I see the development that he has made, the progression that he has shown over the months and now he is ready to compete.

Saliba was handed the #4 shirt in late July. Interviewed by the site about the importance of the shirt & it being the captains shirt on the eve of the season.... then nothing but rumours for 6 months.

“I know that sometimes it is difficult to explain or understand after the money the club spent bringing him in, sending him on loan, but a lot of things have happened to him, he is a long-term player for us and we need to protect him as well. Giving him three or four games is not enough for him, he needs much more than that but what has happened over the past 18 months, he has gone through some personal problems as well that we have to try to help him, and stay as close as possible to him, and now he needs to play, play and play and enjoy his profession as well.

No first team games for six months out of choice by this regime.

Not really protected just journalists close to the club (notorious fan boys) alluding to very personal issues being the issue at first & then changing to the 'not ready yet' brief. :lol:

“In order for him to do that I think we have found the right club with him, he is very happy to go there right now and hopefully he can enjoy his football and be ready for us next season.”

cdfab686-fdb3-49cd-b6cf-2fa08d0cfa3d.jpg

sport-preview-saliba.jpg

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

https://www.arsenal.com/news/i-want-protect-saliba-and-his-future-us It sounds like Arteta at least see's his long term future with us, in reading that, I think Arteta does have a bit of a point tbh. He'll probably give him a few chances with us next season going by that. Very young & he hasn't played the most amount of football, he's probably not ready to be put straight into the toughest league in the world, FA & Carabou cup included.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Arteta is chatting so much sh*t sorry.

What's a couple months with Nice really going to do? I am fairly positive he will be loaned out again - which isn't a bad thing, but he's lying.

I hope he's lying anyways, cause this "step" Mikel keeps referring to sounds ridiculously petty.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not ready but the inferior prospect in Fofana is playing every game for Leicester right now.

Are Holding and Luiz really that much better than him? Hard to believe Arteta after he included a crocked Mari and Chambers in the EL squad over him.

Going to hit doubt on that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Forfana is playing with Evans every week, an experienced player who has been playing in England his whole career, that makes a massive difference...no chance we could have started 2 young defenders, that were both new to the league/country, feel it could have been a disaster...Gabby who has years on William has struggled with the physicality of this league at times, never mind a teenager...not playing him in the Europa/getting a loan secured in the summer was poor from us though.

He has plenty of time on his side anyway, he will only be 20 next year anyway.

Has Soyuncu been injured this season, anyone know what happened to him?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Forfana is playing with Evans every week, an experienced player who has been playing in England his whole career, that makes a massive difference...no chance we could have started 2 young defenders, that were both new to the league/country, feel it could have been a disaster...Gabby who has years on William has struggled with the physicality of this league at times, never mind a teenager...not playing him in the Europa/getting a loan secured in the summer was poor from us though.

He has plenty of time on his side anyway, he will only be 20 next year anyway.

Has Soyuncu been injured this season, anyone know what happened to him?

Why are you always making excuses for Mikel man?

If you’re ready you’re ready.

Riou

Why are you always making excuses for Mikel man?

If you’re ready you’re ready.

We have been pretty good defensively though, with both Gabriel and Holding playing well this season...Arteta has made mistakes in attack this season, but at the back he has been pretty much spot on imo.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We have been pretty good defensively though, with both Gabriel and Holding playing well this season...Arteta has made mistakes in attack this season, but at the back he has been pretty much spot on imo.

Not saying start him every week but he’s frozen out like Özil.

Can’t back an injured Chambers and Mari getting EL spots ahead of him.

Riou

Can’t back an injured Chambers and Mari getting EL spots ahead of him.

That was terrible by us though, that and ****ing up a loan deal at the start of the season, amateur hour by the club that.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom