• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Starting tonight for Nice.

Screen_Shot_2016-08-01_at_12.34.21_PM.0.0.png

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Nice plays with 3 CB's, and Dante is injured for the season. One of the CB's took a straight red in last game so he is out for 3 games.

I think the reason Arteta didn't play him was to not get Arsenal fans on his back if he made a mistake. This would not be good for someone who has just lost a parent (or two? Any new info on that?). Now it has been something like 6-9 months, and I'd assume everyone thinks he has recovered enough mentally.

In any case I'd like to remind people that we paid 30 million euros for him, which was divided into 7 instalments if I remember correctly. That's hardly affecting our business in the near future.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Due to the Ligue 1 termination and Arteta he hasn't played a profesional match since the 08.03.2020 :D

Not even trained normally with Nice too, so hopefully this will go well today.

Edit: Oh, nice already 2:0 down. Great.

Bloodbather

Established Member

My little brother loves players way before his time through the icons on Fifa & wonder of Youtube

Nowadays, the claims of "kids these days" being ignorant of the past are not as generally applicable as they used to be. It still holds true to some extent, of course, but the internet allows the opportunity for that not to be the case at all. The kid just has to be interested.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If United didn't win anything significant for the guys of 20 years I doubt new transfers would be saying I have always dreamt of playing for United after playing with Scholes in legends mode and watching a 3 minute clip of 1999 CL final.

We were the best offer Saliba had on the table. Money wise and probably the biggest club. What was the competition. Sp**s?
Not true. A few of the players who joined Liverpool/Utd maybe 10 years ago talked about their fathers who reminisced about say Liverpool of the 70's. That appreciation was passed on to the son. We used to be called Francenal in France which was a big deal for our club with no European pedigree.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not at fault for either though.

Particularly the second. An undercut back pass. It really is a farmer's league at times
Yes the quality is not really great for their bottom 10 clubs and it's surprising considering how talented their academies are

Bloodbather

Established Member

Not true. A few of the players who joined Liverpool/Utd maybe 10 years ago talked about their fathers who reminisced about say Liverpool of the 70's. That appreciation was passed on to the son. We used to be called Francenal in France which was a big deal for our club with no European pedigree.

Our early 2000s team has an immense level of influence. It happened at a time TV coverage of the PL had become much more widely available and the outreach of the PL had undergone a significant boost as a result. Obviously, it had the biggest level of influence in France because of the number of Frenchmen on the team.

It's also relevant because that was a golden age for the French national team also, which has had the impact of being inspiration for many French children of the time. There's a reason France has become such an hotbed of wonderkids lately, the wonderkids of now were kids when France was having its heyday.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
So the good standard of the French league was one of the reasons stated for why it was odd Saliba wasn't a starter here.

Today it's a poor standard league :lol:

I'm not knocking Saliba, he obviously has ability but he looked very raw to me from what I saw in the under 23's. I'm not overly surprised he's been loaned out. I think he needs some seasoning.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The amount of people on social media absolutely rimming Arteta for the decision not to include him after he has had a tricky first 45 minutes. It’s not like it’s his first proper game in 10 months for a team he has never trained with :facepalm:

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom