• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

What's happening to this thread? :lol:
Happens every season since he's been here, check last seasons thread where people were trying to compare Auba to Walcott and stuff.

There will probably come a season where he's not the same, but barring injury it won't be this one.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Happens every season since he's been here, check last seasons thread where people were trying to compare Auba to Walcott and stuff.

There will probably come a season where he's not the same, but barring injury it won't be this one.
He is just a Walcott with better off the ball movement and better finishing, nothing more. They are nothing more than a poacher.
Shxt footballer.

Reactions: JCB
Auba is stinking it up big time. The effort is just not there. I saw him just give up like 3 times today. He’s not captain material by any means.

to me with him and Willian playing its just cruel to watch. There is absolutely nothing these two guys contribute. And we are talking half the season now. I hope that great link-up goal with Xhaka and Tierney will help him somewhat. But he needs to change his attitude. Laca didnt score for a while but he contributed in different ways. Auba doesnt at all. Willian is okay on set pieces i guess.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Auba scored a good goal against Newcastle, but it was put on a plate for him. If you look at the top goal scorers over the last 4 years, they can create their own chances when xG says they have no right to score.

This chart shows that Auba and Lewandowski will be in the right place at the right time to score if the team is working well and creating the chances for them. Son and Kane don't need the team, they'll score given even half a chance. Same with Salah and Mane. This is why Liverpool and Sp**s are performing above their squad cost so efficiently. If the team is playing poorly Auba won't score, but Son and Kane can get you a goal out of nowhere.

70451559-1-E5-F-4926-9-BDB-23-A3421-A2-D3-A.jpg

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Auba scored a good goal against Newcastle, but it was put on a plate for him. If you look at the top goal scorers over the last 4 years, they can create their own chances when xG says they have no right to score.

This chart shows that Auba and Lewandowski will be in the right place at the right time to score if the team is working well and creating the chances for them. Son and Kane don't need the team, they'll score given even half a chance. Same with Salah and Mane. This is why Liverpool and Sp**s are performing above their squad cost so efficiently. If the team is playing poorly Auba won't score, but Son and Kane can get you a goal out of nowhere.

Auba scores half chances too. To say him and Lewa need chances on a plate is lazy armchair guff.

Your graph is dogs mess
:red:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Auba scores half chances too. To say him and Lewa need chances on a plate is lazy armchair guff.

Your graph is dogs mess
:red:
My grandad use to swear black’s white too bro. :lol: Those Opta stats tell a story and here’s the evidence, the xG for this recent goal against us must be almost zero.:lol:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
He is trying. Things just haven’t been coming off for him. Not sure why, can’t wrap my finger around it.

I'm not overly concerned about Auba's form. Unlike earlier in the season when he was spending more time chasing opposition fullbacks and spending too much time and effort in our own half. Right now he is being played in the right areas. He is getting into dangerous positions. He is getting a fair amount of decent chances a game. His confidence seems to be still a little bit low. He will start scoring goals again, he is just too good a finisher not to.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

xG is a way to qualify and sum up chances. It is a metric that you can use to determine how clinical a player is, it doesn't tell you how that chance was created.

You're interpreting this data wrong. You can't look at how well a player finished off a chance and from that assume they created the chance themselves. Kane actually is very reliant on service. Have you seen him often dribble past players or beat them for sheer pace? Lewandowski isn't more reliant on his team to score goals than Kane, he can do anything Kane can do to create his own chances....he just isn't as clinical as Kane, that's all.

If I used this chart like you are using then that means Laca isn't at all reliant on service to score goals, in the last 7 years he has 17 goals more than his xG. Likewise Sterling must not be able to create his own chances because his xG in that time frame is -5. Sterling could dribble from his own half, past 4 or 5 players, round the keeper and miss, should we interpret that as he can't score because his team isn't playing well or creating chances for him? Or use xG as they're meant to be....Sterling isn't a good finisher.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

xG is a way to qualify and sum up chances. It is a metric that you can use to determine how clinical a player is, it doesn't tell you how that chance was created.

You're interpreting this data wrong. You can't look at how well a player finished off a chance and from that assume they created the chance themselves. Kane actually is very reliant on service. Have you seen him often dribble past players or beat them for sheer pace? Lewandowski isn't more reliant on his team to score goals than Kane, he can do anything Kane can do to create his own chances....he just isn't as clinical as Kane, that's all.

If I used this chart like you are using then that means Laca isn't at all reliant on service to score goals, in the last 7 years he has 17 goals more than his xG. Likewise Sterling must not be able to create his own chances because his xG in that time frame is -5. Sterling could dribble from his own half, past 4 or 5 players, round the keeper and miss, should we interpret that as he can't score because his team isn't playing well or creating chances for him? Or use xG as they're meant to be....Sterling isn't a good finisher.
I disagree. Expected goals is based on a number of variables such as type of assist, shot angle and distance from goal, whether it was headed, whether it was defined as a big chance or not in order to assess how clinical a player is. It looks deep into the quality of the chances. And if a striker is over performing it means that they are finding the net in difficult scoring situations. In other words it’s not being put on a plate for them by their team mates.

Take, Son Min’s goal against us. He was a long way out, the assist was given to him not far over the half way line and he scored from well outside the box. Opta would say he had no right to score that, but he did. Now it could be that he’s very lucky, but this is a cumulative 4 year stat which sort of rules that out.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Is there an argument for dropping him for a game or two if Laca and Martinelli pick up form?

Yes, I was thinking this before Lacazette's form really picked up in that one thing Lacazette has is a bit of dog about him. Always works hard and I couldn't help but notice Auba just didn't seem to put in the hard yards (has changed a little now) but yeah, Martinelli Laca Saka may be more balanced.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yes, I was thinking this before Lacazette's form really picked up in that one thing Lacazette has is a bit of dog about him. Always works hard and I couldn't help but notice Auba just didn't seem to put in the hard yards (has changed a little now) but yeah, Martinelli Laca Saka may be more balanced.

I think it’s easier to win games with Laca as your striker than Aubameyang.

He puts in really good work like you say which if you have goalscorers in your team around him is a better combo.

Never. The club gave him that contract, they are committed to making him work lol.

Otherwise what's the point?

Winning football matches surely?

All relative as I hope he picks up form but if not and the other two are flying I think you’ve got to pick the best XI that’ll win you each match.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom