• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Pyres7

Auba has been consistently declining (in terms of xG) over the past 5-6 seasons from his very lofty numbers at Dortmund. It's somewhat correlated with the decline of the team around him but I think there is still a good portion of the decline down to him.

Normally I'd agree, but players like Auba rely on service to score. He doesn't create chances for himself, never has.

So for that type of player, having a lower xG means the team has been creating lower quality chances for him. If he was getting similar xG stats but not converting the chances into goals then I'd agree that it's all on Auba.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I agree its a mix of factors but I don't think he is getting himself into the right positions as much as he used to.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
It’s like this, I feel: the team was going through a terrible spell creating nothing. Then the team starts playing well but the players who are making it happen are not those who were making it happen when Auba was as scoring for fun; the dynamic has changed. This has taken some getting used to but he’s getting more chances now. And when he gets chances he scores. For all he’s done for the club I think he’s allowed a dry spell—particularly in the circumstances.

Best striker in the league bar none.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
For all he’s done for the club I think he’s allowed a dry spell—particularly in the circumstances.
A dry spell for a forward whose only contribution to the game is goals is not an option. We've complained a lot here about Giroud and his dry spell at one point, but he was still contributing in other areas like defending set pieces and some holdup play.
For Auba, it's either goals or bench, nothing else

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
It’s like this, I feel: the team was going through a terrible spell creating nothing. Then the team starts playing well but the players who are making it happen are not those who were making it happen when Auba was as scoring for fun; the dynamic has changed. This has taken some getting used to but he’s getting more chances now. And when he gets chances he scores. For all he’s done for the club I think he’s allowed a dry spell—particularly in the circumstances.

Best striker in the league bar none.

I would agree, if the massive drop in form didn’t coincide with exactly the time he signed a new £350k per week deal. That’s what causes a sour taste, for me.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
A dry spell for a forward whose only contribution to the game is goals is not an option. We've complained a lot here about Giroud and his dry spell at one point, but he was still contributing in other areas like defending set pieces and some holdup play.

Giroud wasn't on 350k a week and didn't hold the club over a barrell demanding obscene amounts of money. He has to do more.

Reactions: JCB

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
He is still putting shifts in though.

You want him playing and scoring because he’s clearly our most potent weapon and it makes zero sense to not utilise it. The team are winning with him present and chances are starting to arrive so you just carry on.

Look , I’ve seen this a thousand times in football and the prolific striker always ends up dunking the critics that say he should be dropped and it will 100% happen again. You don’t drop a fit Aubameyang. Simple as that.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I haven't spoken to you in ages :lol: you've gone missing ever since the teams started winning, shock.

I'm here commenting on things every single day. Open your eyes.

I'm glad we are winning go and look at my posts.

My problem is I don't want to waste my time interacting with you because its a waste of energy. Its boring. You don't bring anything interesting to the table. You just argue and go around in circles and chop and change your view trying to be right even when your wrong.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm here commenting on things every single day. Open your eyes.

I'm glad we are winning go and look at my posts.

My problem is I don't want to waste my time interacting with you because its a waste of energy. Its boring. You don't bring anything interesting to the table. You just argue and go around in circles and chop and change your view trying to be right even when your wrong.

My view on Arteta has been consistent hence why you've consistently argued with me. Looking forward to you changing your avatar and the long post about me as part of our bet :)

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
My view on Arteta has been consistent hence why you've consistently argued with me. Looking forward to you changing your avatar and the long post about me as part of our bet :)

You always said before when we were losing .....wait to see where we finish. You need to do the same.

3 wins is brilliant but let's see going forward. When we have to play some decent teams. 8th is still a long way a way. And still represents a failure of a season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Your argument before when we were losing was always.....wait to see where we finish.

I would say the same to you. 3 wins is brilliant but let's see going forward. 8th is still a long way a way. And still represents a failure of a season.

The bet was based on you believing Arteta will be sacked.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
My bet was..... Arteta will be sacked before the end of the season or he will finish 9th or worse.

Your opinion was he will still be here and finish 8th or higher.

Well its almost guaranteed we'll finish 8th or higher so you may as well just pay up now.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom