• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Also I can't be bothered to check if this tweet is accurate but if it is it's pretty damning. Özil was supposed to be the start of an era, competing with Bayern etc etc, and Alexis is the only player we recruited to play with Özil who was at the level we were supposedly aiming for. Responsibility has to lie with Wenger and Gazidis for that.

Arsenal scouts need to go on trail for war crimes, don’t think any other team signs this many sub par players. What was Arsène meant to do with this lot?

MikeVinna

Established Member
You can say what you want about Musti tweeting that (not clever) but it does paint the picture that there was nothing anyone could have done about his banishment because it was all political.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Arsenal scouts need to go on trail for war crimes, don’t think any other team signs this many sub par players. What was Arsène meant to do with this lot?
He bought these players tbf. And the thing that annoyed me was he went after the same profile of players that proved to be ineffective before and against the balance of the team. Better choices at the time would have made us title contenders.

TornadoTed

Established Member

Related but also on a bit of a tangent.

I was thinking the other day how ridiculous it is when people moan about our scouting over the last few years, but also slag off Edu for restructuring our scouting department and sacking a lot of the scouts who were responsible.

We've made some terrible signings over the last 5-6 years, heads needed to roll.

BigPoppaPump

Related but also on a bit of a tangent.

I was thinking the other day how ridiculous it is when people moan about our scouting over the last few years, but also slag off Edu for restructuring our scouting department and sacking a lot of the scouts who were responsible.

We've made some terrible signings over the last 5-6 years, heads needed to roll.

That’s what I was saying when they got sacked, it was about damn time they were stealing a living.

BigPoppaPump

He bought these players tbf. And the thing that annoyed me was he went after the same profile of players that proved to be ineffective before and against the balance of the team. Better choices at the time would have made us title contenders.

Arsène never bought players, managers say the profile of player they want and it’s up to the scouts and executive guys to get them. This was on the scouting team.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Arsène never bought players, managers say the profile of player they want and it’s up to the scouts and executive guys to get them. This was on the scouting team.

Can imagine after we missed out on Vardy the scouts sat Wenger down and said they had the Spanish version who’d be available for slightly cheaper.

Whoever recommended Lucas Perez shouldn’t work in football again. Appalling signing.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
What about a guy like Lucas Perez? Francis Cagigao told Wenger not sign him but he did it anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom