• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Newcastle | Monday, January 18 | KO: 20:00 UTC | Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member

**** me Emery was horrendous. :lol:
It all depends on what you are looking at. Emery’s squad was more offensive. When you compare the Gf and Ga and shots and chance creation. Emery’s squad pawns Arteta’s. Arteta is a defensive coach and his team reflects that.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
0_Manchester-City-v-Watford-FA-Cup-Final-Wembley-Stadium.jpg

pepsterling.jpg

Rob never wants to be filmed standing next to Arteta. Makes the hairline issues standout even more :lol:

I think with each strand of hair he loses he becomes a better CB though. By the time he's totally bald he'll be the best CB in the world.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Steve Bruce saying in the first half they got in decent positions and didn’t make anything out of it:rofl:. The poor chap is deluded.
Newcastle only had one decent chance all game and that was run from Almiron Leno wasn't even tested.

Mohamed7

Saka and ESR are good players and it's great that we've got them from the academy, but we can't rely on them to play every game from now till the summer. They're still growing, we'll wreck their bodies at this rate. Saka at least has cover in Willian and Pepe but there's no cover for ESR.

It's a conundrum. Instinctively I don't like the idea of bringing someone in on loan, but at the same time we really need someone to help ESR out. If we can't buy a first choice target this January, and i'm pretty sure we can't, we should get an Eriksen or someone on loan till the summer. Obviously don't sign them permanently, just need some cover.
Agreed 100%

Also remember we have no back for Tierney and Leno.

We are in a huge risk.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Agreed 100%

We are in a huge risk.

And remember we have Europa League to play too. ESR has done well but he's not gonna push us through both the EL and PL, it'd be unfair to expect him to.

It'd be good to have an experienced CAM with european experience to help us in the crucial matches.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I might be looking at guys like Tagliafico and Rodrigo de Paul, quality, experienced options who wouldn't necessarily cost that much.

Mohamed7

It all depends on what you are looking at. Emery’s squad was more offensive. When you compare the Gf and Ga and shots and chance creation. Emery’s squad pawns Arteta’s. Arteta is a defensive coach and his team reflects that.
The defensive coach who's outscoring and outdefending Emery? LOL

Emery was just wrong for us. It was torture watching us concede 15 shots every match. And our only method of attack was fullbacks hugging the line to drill crosses.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Anyway that was a good 2nd half but it should all be put in the context of Newcastle being terrible, like their coach is literally on the verge of the sack. This team still has plenty of problems in midfield and attack.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Think for 30-35m he's maybe the best you get, very good at making key passes through to attackers, we really miss that.
Udinese asking for that like you said Bielsa wanted him so you know he someone fun going forward when Bielsa asking for you he good player not the top quality but would be good addition to compete with ESR

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Arsenal-Unai-Emery-Mikel-Arteta-news-2158379.jpg

Arteta: "Honestly, boss...would be lost without the gifts uncle Unai has given me!"

Wenger: "This is a just riveting conversation, Mikel...but I am late for, literally anything that isn't talking to you."

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
The defensive coach who's outscoring and outdefending Emery? LOL

Emery was just wrong for us. It was torture watching us concede 15 shots every match. And our only method of attack was fullbacks hugging the line to drill crosses.
You must not be good at reading and comprehension. Emery’s squad has scored more goals and created more chances and taken more shots over the same amount of games than Arteta’s. If you can’t understand that I can’t have a discussion with you. It’s basic numbers.

Arteta’s squad has conceded less goals and have less errors leading to goals as well as more clean sheets. These are the facts. Why are so many uninformed people posting on this forum?

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Agreed 100%

We are in a huge risk.
We do have backup - they are just ****. You can't just spend money without opening up spaces in the squad. How the hell do you get rid of the below from the wage bill?

Wilian = ****
Runnarson = ****
They loaned out Sead Kolasniac, but AMN can play given a run of matchs. I'd be tempted to even put Gabriel there as a backup option.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Is Arteta a defensive coach? Or has he worked miracles and made us defensively solid first before implementing the free flowing football?

Because we've been seeing signs of sensational football here and there under Mikel. Its just not consistent enough. Of course better players will make it more consistent.

GoonerJay24

And remember we have Europa League to play too. ESR has done well but he's not gonna push us through both the EL and PL, it'd be unfair to expect him to.

It'd be good to have an experienced CAM with european experience to help us in the crucial matches.

Arteta should just play 442 or 343 in these matches so we're not necessarily reliant on an attacking midfielder.

Cover at left back and central midfield have to be prioritized this transfer window.

Legend14

Established Member
Nope. We won and I expect to win these matches. We played much better in the second half but overall i can’t say we played well. The football was disjointed. Do you not have eyes to see?
Of course I do. They played very well. Take off the negative glasses or go and watch some other PL teams play then come back to this one so you can appreciated the football.

Its seems some are setting Invincible expectations, which is not going to happen by any team in the league.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom