• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure that’s true. We’ve got what, 21-28 games left this season?

I’m not as buzzing as many on here about this given how short-term it is, but that’s plenty of time to make a positive contribution. Ceballos’s loan last season was worth it for the FA cup final alone!

Yeah maybe you're right but what I'm trying to say it's hard to tell how quickly players adjust.

Even if he struggles in the first 10 games we have to tell us "he is just adjusting, he will have good final 18 games". In the end, with no option to buy it feels a bit like a coin flip if he adjust quickly or he adjust in the final game but then he is back to Real.

Iceman10

Established Member
It is a big asking some 22 year old who never played in PL to come in with 6-month time and be an instant hint. If he doesn't hit the ground running we gain nothing at all from this loan.

If we don’t get anything then it will be as we are right now with ESR and the rest of the squad. Options in January windows are limited, the price to take Buendia off Norwich mid-season was too much, and what else is out there? Isco? Eriksen? Both would be demanding of more minutes than Ødegaard and would therefore impact ESR minutes more while both are past their prime and not guaranteed of giving great performance on the pitch.

I see this as a chance for us to assess a player before we sign him. It he plays well we can talk about signing him if he doesn’t then we’ve saved ourselves from a bad signing.

With no option to buy neither Real Madrid nor the player himself want to do any business with us. Or at least that is my feeling. Maybe the player changes his mind if he likes it here.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
This loan deal is so disrespectful. We really became that team huh.

giphy.gif

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

With no option to buy neither Real Madrid nor the player himself want to do any business with us. Or at least that is my feeling. Maybe the player changes his mind if he likes it here.
They are doing business with us. It's a deal that suits everyone involved.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭

That’s the point of a loan isn’t it? To see if it’s a good fit for us and the player. After that we can talk to the club about signing him.

That’s the point of a loan isn’t it? To see if it’s a good fit for us and the player. After that we can talk to the club about signing him.

No? The point of the loan if there is no option to buy is for the parent team to give the player playing time to develop before taking him back again.

We have no power here.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Had there been a clause with option to buy, I think this would have been very attractive. As it is now, it is a bit...meh...

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

There’s no reason yet as to why Ødegaard and ESR can’t play together, feels a little overlooked when all I’m reading is about Smith Rowe’s minutes.
They can easily play together, I think it is also an advantage that they are in the same age bracket. Can easily see the Croydon Cruyff showing Ødegaard the sights and sounds of London Town

Real Madrid don’t need him. If he plays well and he likes it in London/the PL we are head of the queue to sign him.

Well if he plays well maybe Real will want to give him another chance?

If they don't think they need him in near future they would put the option to buy in the deal. But tbf anything can happen at the end of the deal but if there is no option to buy both player and the club is looking to change nothing next season.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Well if he plays well maybe Real will want to give him another chance?

If they don't think they need him in near future they would put the option to buy in the deal. But tbf anything can happen at the end of the deal but if there is no option to buy both player and the club is looking to change nothing next season.
Doesn't the option to buy come with a fixed transfer fee for the deal? If that's the case, wouldn't Madrid want to be in a position to negotiate for more money if he plays well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom