• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doesn't the option to buy come with a fixed transfer fee for the deal? If that's the case, wouldn't Madrid want to be in a position to negotiate for more money if he plays well?

I don't know? I imagine if there is no option to buy there would be no fixed transfer fee decided. Is there a fixed transfer fee at the end of this loan deal?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Real madrid even put buyback clause for Regullion they can buy him back tomorrow if they want to. They like USA of football.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
No, I can see that as well. It is just that feeling of developing players for someone else. It isn't nice.
I agree but we can buy them if we want to Ødegaard have no future at madrid he been there since 2016 not going to renew so if we interested this summer give them 30m and they'll sell.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
Real Madrid don’t need him. If he plays well and he likes it in London/the PL we are head of the queue to sign him.
If he plays well we won't be able to afford him.
You want Ødegaard or nobody? Or you happy watch Willian as number 10?
I'll repeat the sentiment I held when we made the Willian signing since you bought him up.
This is not how a team with any real aspirations operates.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I don't know? I imagine if there is no option to buy there would be no fixed transfer fee decided. Is there a fixed transfer fee at the end of this loan deal?
I am not an expert either :shivering:
I thought option to buy means after loan, it is the decision of the player and loanee club to finalise where the player stays. The club that sent the player on loan cannot hold him back if the other two parties decide he will continue with the team after loan. Not entirely sure how transfer fee is negotiated.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I think it'll give clear picture about how Ødegaard will do in PL he looked quality in lesser quality teams last season but PL is different many players struggle

I am not an expert either :shivering:
I thought option to buy means after loan, it is the decision of the player and loanee club to finalise where the player stays. The club that sent the player on loan cannot hold him back if the other two parties decide he will continue with the team after loan. Not entirely sure how transfer fee is negotiated.

The option to buy needs to be part of the deal. There is no option to buy in Ceballos deal for example. When we loan our academy players there is never option to buy.

Option to buy is inserted in the deal if the parent club wants to sell at the end of the loan and the players want to leave. If there is no option to buy I get the feeling neither the club is ready to sell nor the player is ready to leave.

Are we there yet?

b628cf17a9ca903c4dc20077ec8a9ef9.gif

200.gif

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
No, I can see that as well. It is just that feeling of developing players for someone else. It isn't nice.
If Zidane is still their manager maybe we can sign him if we like him. As @Mrs Bergkamp said even if we dont end up signing him at least we learn what we need. I think we learnt with Ceballos that we need some legs + physicality in the midfield. We got that (and more) with Partey. Let’s see with Ødegaard if we need a number 10 or maybe a creative winger while ESR plays centrally.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If Zidane is still their manager maybe we can sign him if we like him. As @Mrs Bergkamp said even if we dont end up signing him at least we learn what we need. I think we learnt with Ceballos that we need some legs + physicality in the midfield. We got that (and more) with Partey. Let’s see with Ødegaard if we need a number 10 or maybe a creative winger while ESR plays centrally.
I like your positivity, it is something we need right now. Easy to get bogged down as things stand.

Just a bit grating that we are where we are at the moment.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
"I'm sorry Beyonce, I can't have a one night stand with you...I need to know you are in this for the long term!"

...sometimes you enjoy the present, don't worry about the future.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

What are you talking about?

I'm just saying that if there is no option to buy in the deal it doesn't feel like Real is ready to sell or the player is that interested in moving to us.
Who knows what will happen in 6 months.

Pretty big rumours about Zidane being replaced at the end of thr season. 100% makes sense that neither Madrid or Ødegaard himself will commit to anything beyond that period. A new manager may or may not fancy Ødegaard. If he does then he stays if not they may look to punt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom