• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 16 1st Leg: Olympiakos v Arsenal | Thursday, March 11 | KO: 20:00 UTC | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,661
  • Views 69,676

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Ode is a very talented player, but for the fee Madrid will ask not sure we should bite. Look to develop EsR in the 10 and Martinelli needs to be given a shot too.

Can you do me a favour mate? Can you please un-curse Arsenal for us? We got cursed years back by a Columbian so can you do some magic and take it away? Thank you. Use your powers for good.
I ll do my best mate. Read my first post in this thread. Many of you here thought i was trolling. I said Arsenal has quality team, not as powerful as other years, but still better than olympiakos. Players proved it today. I hope same happens in premier league. To see again Arsenal in the top of England. Actually, i dont believe this coach so much but you never know....to be honest today it coached well...i dont know....give him a season more and i believe good results will come....all the best to Arsenal from my heart...

You love to see it :drool:

Showing up after players making an error after spending the whole week blaming everything on Arteta.

That's like trying to write a Ph.D. thesis about quantum mechanics using variation principle or perturbation method for something more complicated than Helium.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I like Ødegaard have to be honest, even before he came - I think he's a gifted footballer.

If I was confident in Arsenal's ability to develop players then you could entertain the sizable fee Madrid would command for him, but the way the club is now that would be a mistake for both parties.

You did call it and I do recall people jumping down your throat about it too :lol:
Haven't they said no sale.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I ll do my best mate. Read my first post in this thread. Many of you here thought i was trolling. I said Arsenal has quality team, not as powerful as other years, but still better than olympiakos. Players proved it today. I hope same happens in premier league. To see again Arsenal in the top of England. Actually, i dont believe this coach so much but you never know....to be honest today it coached well...i dont know....give him a season more and i believe good results will come....all the best to Arsenal from my heart...

Please just say the words that you’re lifting the curse. We need this my friend.

say yes

forum master baiter
Arteta pretty clear on playing out from the back in this interview.

Said concentration is not the issue, its the players not realising when to play short and when not to. Seemed pretty pissed off about it.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

Said concentration is not the issue, its the players not realising when to play short and when not to. Seemed pretty pissed off about it.
Yeah nice to hear he's not averse to us playing long if need be, up to the players now to make the right decision.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The negative nancies absolutely on this forum fuming that we won tonight.

Gabriel my pick for MOTM tonight. Good performances from Willian, Tierney and Ødegaard.

Thoughts on Bellerin thought he was great down the right flank for us tonight what do you think?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Thoughts on Bellerin thought he was great down the right flank for us tonight what do you think?
Good going forward ( although thats largely due their LB being so poor and playing incredibly narrow). Still needs to work on his crossing, imagine the score line had Chambers or Cedric played who can actually cross?

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
When you say Arteta has started getting us better football the past few months all you hear from his detractors is 'It's only the results that matter'

Beat Olympiakos and put one foot into the next round and they're floundering around nitpicking and giving Arteta grudging backhanded compliments

Good stuff :lol:

Finesse

He wants the players to be confident to build up from anywhere and use space in a clever way. We have really improved in that department. However we keep making these individual errors of judgement about when to go short and when to play long. If you notice after the error we did not use Leno again for large spells. Meaning we can decide not to use him all the time.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Good going forward ( although thats largely due their LB being so poor and playing incredibly narrow). Still needs to work on his crossing, imagine the score line had Chambers or Cedric played who alcan actually cross?

Would have had an assist were it not for a great save from the Auba header, reckon he's playing himself into a new contract 👍

Iceman10

Established Member
When you say Arteta has started getting us better football the past few months all you hear from his detractors is 'It's only the results that matter'

Beat Olympiakos and put one foot into the next round and they're floundering around nitpicking and giving Arteta grudging backhanded compliments

Good stuff :lol:

I would say there are very few easy matches at this level. I wasn’t impressed with the AC Milan line up but they still drew away at Old Trafford.

There are long term concerns about Mikel though in terms of pecking order favouritism and squad management. On squad rotation and utilisation he has some of the same tendencies I personally was not fully on board with Arsène Wenger either.

There is also an issue with Mikel that if his philosophy is get the defence right first it isn’t fully working still and that makes it difficult to justify conservatism attacking wise because we just cannot confidently secure 1-0 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom