• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 946,891
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn’t start with him and Partey behind a 10 but I think he can grow into that role as he adapts to PL

Thats what I said previously, with Xhaka staying here and the fact Aouar's stock/price is low he wouldn't be a starter, can grow into the PL this season.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Why? Aouar was quality next to Ndombele and they had Fekir as a ten.

Aouar is a bit like Ramsey, no? Could probably play him next to Partey against weak opposition, but it's not very defensively solid, wouldn't play it against a strong team.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Aouar is a bit like Ramsey, no? Could probably play him next to Partey against weak opposition, but it's not very defensively solid, wouldn't play it against a strong team.

Agree but would like to see Mikel help him improve defensively, this is why I like Aouar, he gives us so many options.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why? Aouar was quality next to Ndombele and they had Fekir as a ten.

I dont know why people can't differentiate from different leagues. He would get run all over the shop in the premier league.

He might be cheap but it's a massive risk and stupidly unrealistic whilst Xhaka is here.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I dont know why people can't differentiate from different leagues. He would get run all over the shop in the premier league.

He might be cheap but it's a massive risk and stupidly unrealistic whilst Xhaka is here.

Why would he? Just because he's small doesn't mean he'd get run over, he's technically brilliant. Santi didn't get run over. Also, it's not 'stupidly' unrealistic since 1, he can play with Xhaka, and 2 he'd be cheap enough that he wouldn't have to start, he's still a kid. I don't know who you think you are sometimes with the way you talk.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Agree but would like to see Mikel help him improve defensively, this is why I like Aouar, he gives us so many options.

I'm sure he can improve but how much do you want him being disciplined positionally etc? Surely the whole point of Aouar is he goes on dribbles and makes runs into the box. Playing him as a double pivot and asking him to be disciplined kind of curbs his natural game. For me he's more of a Ramsey replacement than a Özil replacement.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why would he? Just because he's small doesn't mean he'd get run over, he's technically brilliant. Santi didn't get run over. Also, it's not 'stupidly' unrealistic since 1, he can play with Xhaka, and 2 he'd be cheap enough that he wouldn't have to start, he's still a kid. I don't know who you think you are sometimes with the way you talk.

I mean I'm just giving my view. 😂 calma.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Bernardo Silva is rated very highly on this forum. Is he THE guy though? Cant say I noticed him in the euros apart from one pass. His face tells me a lot about his personality. He doesn't strike me as the talisman type. More of the secondary creator figure. In fact Maddison has more of an aura about him and I'd say Aouar has that too.

The thing is. I am bored of this Arsenal. I want players who excite. For all the talk of Aouar and his numbers, he is exciting to watch.
I like Silva he is a tidy footballer that could improve being the main man. But there is a risk that he becomes a passenger. A player that passes the responsibility to someone else.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I'm sure he can improve but how much do you want him being disciplined positionally etc? Surely the whole point of Aouar is he goes on dribbles and makes runs into the box. Playing him as a double pivot and asking him to be disciplined kind of curbs his natural game. For me he's more of a Ramsey replacement than a Özil replacement.

Well, you can play either way. I wanted us to go Aouar/Partey/Bissouma for that reason.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

what this Ligue 1 writer said pretty much backs up what @The_Playmaker has been saying about Aouar
Taking the game by the scruff of the neck is mostly empty platitude. What we need is better quality. Aouar is that. When we are at a higher level and are competing for important titles like league and CL we can worry about perfecting the intangible makeup of our squad. These are the problems of the Real Madrids and the PSGs and the City's, that last piece to put you over the top, tinkering with the holistic makeup of the team when your level of quality is already basically at 100%. We do not have these same kinds of problems. Ours are much simpler and Aouar is a simple solution.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd rather we went for Renato Sanches than Aouar tbh. Think we need a guy like him that can play 8 and win the ball higher up than a guy like Aouar, who has similarities to Smith Rowe.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Umm.. after the Ndombele fiasco we could say that buying any midfielder from Ligue 1 is a massive risk.

But there are levels to this. If you say Aouar is a massive risk for half the Ndombele fee, what can even be a bigger risk then? It makes no sense to say so for Aouar for let's say 25 million.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Emoji Think GIF

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Taking the game by the scruff of the neck is mostly empty platitude. What we need is better quality. Aouar is that. When we are at a higher level and are competing for important titles like league and CL we can worry about perfecting the intangible makeup of our squad. These are the problems of the Real Madrids and the PSGs and the City's, that last piece to put you over the top, tinkering with the holistic makeup of the team when your level of quality is already basically at 100%. We do not have these same kinds of problems. Ours are much simpler and Aouar is a simple solution.
I should say, Aouar is a player with a lot of personality to get on the ball and to progress it through the middle. So when you translate this cliché to real terms it isn't even at all accurate.

Basically the most you can take from it is: he's a not so robust French boy who doesn't get stuck in. I think that's what it and people who have an issue with Aouar or his type of player really want to say. Which, aside from the old English football biases it contains, does have its share of truth in that Aouar is not good defensively and that part of his game will need to be developed significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom