• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
No chance, ESR makes runs regularly, he was doing it last season. You don't get instructed to run and not run, you either do it or you don't. You don't get instructed to make poor decisions either.
Nah it was definitely Arteta instructions, our whole team play like that. He definitely told ESR to stop making runs into the box as it's too dangeorus. Cowardly coach, but I know it's never his fault with you.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Nah it was definitely Arteta instructions, our whole team play like that. He definitely told ESR to stop making runs into the box as it's too dangeorus. Cowardly coach, but I know it's never his fault with you.

If you think a coach would say to a player, don't make a run, then you need to take the tin hat off tbh.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

You're very inconsistent with what you blame the players for or Arteta for, how can this be blamed on Arteta? ESR and Saka make those runs a year ago.

What you see there is either complete fear and lack of confidence, or complete lack of belief that Pepe is going to do anything useful with that ball so his team mates didn't bother.

Arteta is trash but you can't blame every single thing on him. Saka and ESR had their moments but they were poor.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No matter how much drivel you post, ESR/Saka/Martinelli make poor decisions on a consistent basis. But this is allowed as they're young, the issue is constantly having to start them game after game.
This is it in a nutshell, Saka’s superpower is that he makes the right decision quite a lot for someone his age but he is still learning. The other two definitely have a lot to learn, which like you said, is expected.

I think that’s what the (clearly tongue in cheek) video was meant to highlight but of course certain man are getting their panties in a twist. 😂

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
This is it in a nutshell, Saka’s superpower is that he makes the right decision quite a lot for someone his age but he is still learning. The other two definitely have a lot to learn, which like you said, is expected.

I think that’s what the (clearly tongue in cheek) video was meant to highlight but of course certain man are getting their panties in a twist. 😂
You really do get upset when I point out how terrible Pepe is 🤣

If the video showed the good things Esr and Saka done fair enough, but it was clearly having a go at everyone but the golden child

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You're very inconsistent with what you blame the players for or Arteta for, how can this be blamed on Arteta? ESR and Saka make those runs a year ago.

What you see there is either complete fear and lack of confidence, or complete lack of belief that Pepe is going to do anything useful with that ball so his team mates didn't bother.

Arteta is trash but you can't blame every single thing on him. Saka and ESR had their moments but they were poor.
ESR and Saka were making those runs before and now they're not, because of manager instructions. I think the logic is pretty clear. Probably told them when Pepe has the ball stay near him because he'll need an option.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

I mean I got annoyed at Pepe and posted about it. But after watching that video its fairly clear it isn't solely his problem.

Nobody is saying Pepe is Messi and gonna beat 10 man to score. But he does need decent players around him to perform at a higher level. Ødegaard will help and a new right back will also help.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

The forum will turn against Saka in no time. :lol: Won't even matter if we control the ball 3% of the game, Pepe is already a washed up excuse for our lack of goals, think Saka could be a juicy fresh scapegoat. Auba is finally out of it :lol:
Saka will be doing his ‘welcome to Man City’ video before he becomes scapegoated here.

Auba currently and I think Ben White next.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You really do get upset when I point out how terrible Pepe is 🤣

If the video showed the good things Esr and Saka done fair enough, but it was clearly having a go at everyone but the golden child

Pepe did some good things yesterday, also had our best chance against Brentford and was very very unlucky not to score.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I mean I got annoyed at Pepe and posted about it. But after watching that video its fairly clear it isn't solely his problem.

Nobody is saying Pepe is Messi and gonna beat 10 man to score. But he does need decent players around him to perform at a higher level. Ødegaard will help and a new right back will also help.
Not saying he didnt but Saka and Esr need a better winger to play with as well. Throwing them under the bus for someone who continues to be unable to beat players 1 on 1 and rarely plays a forward pass is a joke.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not saying he didnt but Saka and Esr need a better winger to play with as well. Throwing them under the bus for someone who continues to be unable to beat players 1 on 1 and rarely plays a forward pass is a joke.

Ffs, how can you say that when you've just watched Saka and ESR make poor decisions when Pepe has either done something good or been in a good position?

You simply have an agenda against him which clouds your view, be open minded about the player and you'll able to look at it more objectively.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

ESR and Saka were making those runs before and now they're not, because of manager instructions. I think the logic is pretty clear. Probably told them when Pepe has the ball stay near him because he'll need an option.
Nah I don't buy that you're politicking. I think very little of Arteta but to suggest he's telling Saka and ESR not to run into space when that's what they excel in I can't see it.

It's more likely ESR saw Ruidger and Christensen there and didn't fancy it, or didn't back Pepe to get the ball to him and saved his energy - which even then doesn't sound like ESR.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Ffs, how can you say that when you've just watched Saka and ESR make poor decisions when Pepe has either done something good or been in a good position?

You simply have an agenda against him which clouds your view, be open minded about the player and you'll able to look at it more objectively.
I literally spelt out point for point how poor Pepe was in his highlights video, look through it and tell me where Im wrong, you spend your whole day on here anyway so it snot like youve anything better to do 🤷‍♂️

Edit: he did make some good passes, no diea why he doesnt do it more when he is in good positions - might need more instructions idk

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I literally spelt out point for point how poor Pepe was in his highlights video, look through it and tell me where Im wrong, you spend your whole day on here anyway so it snot like youve anything better to do 🤷‍♂️

I've been very ill recently hence why i've been on here a lot more. You are becoming a bit of a problem aren't you. Blocky Balboa may have to come out if you keep posting agenda ridden content.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

They all go for the easiest passes, probably because most of our team is poor at passing. Don't think it's anything against him, but we don't have players who will look for the best options, they go for the easy ones.
That + the Arteta effect. Will be interesting to see if Ødegaard is giving free reign to go for dangerous passes or if he’ll play it safe too.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Pepe came so close to get pasting Rudiger on multiple occasions, and that guy is fast.

Why did we not put Nico on the left and left him run at Azpi, would have gotten past him much easier...while Saka could have played on the right, which suits his game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

The club may accept that the time is now to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with just two years left on his contract [The Athletic]

Arsenal may sanction a loan to raise Aaron Ramsdale’s value if they can’t recoup their fee for him this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal are among a host of Premier League clubs hoping to sign Irish sensation Mason Melia (16). Melia, who is already playing first-team football for St Patrick’s Athletic in the League of Ireland, cannot move to the UK until he turns 18 due to Brexit rules [Evening Standard]

Juventus like Thomas Partey, and Napoli will try to sign him before June 30 as well [Di Marzio]

Bruno Guimarães’ entourage hope to receive proposals from at least two Premier League clubs, with the player’s priority wanting to remain in England. Guimarães’ £100m release clause, which expires next month, can be paid in three annual instalments. [UOLEsporte]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom