• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The bolded is the issue though.

I’ll speak for @Tir Na Nog as well here…we aren’t dragging up any stats, we’re literally just commenting on charts that people post on here to provoke discussion. A-G is pretty neutral on Arteta I think and he just posts the charts, I’m sure if they were positive he would post them too.

We and a few others find analytics interesting…it’s not our fault that Arteta’s underlying stats aren’t great. If they were, I’d comment on them in the same way. If the roles were completely reversed and Arteta had poor results but really promising underlying stats I’d highlight that too.

But when a manager I already don’t rate is producing numbers that support my opinion of him, I’m definitely going to talk about it, at least it’s some kind of rational discussion. I could just spam stuff like “get this bxm out” everyday.

It's not as if we even went on a full blown assault, we didn't even bring the graphs up. Others posted them and we commented on them. It's not like I said "this graph shows Arteta should be sacked on the spot", I just felt like it highlighted some concerns. But I definitely emphasised that things could improve in some of them and I'd see how things go in the coming weeks.

Also it's the international break, there's very little to actually talk about. :lol:

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I always imagine everyone here kinda plays a character to a degree, they say what they feel but very exaggerated in certain ways.

But I legitimately feel the club have broken Macho, tbh.
I’d be absolutely fine if this forum didn’t constantly discuss my mental state or slut shame me for Pepe you know.

I’m sick of Arteta and I’m quietly not having it, but otherwise it’s really not that deep.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I’d be absolutely fine if this forum didn’t constantly discuss my mental state or sl*t shame me for Pepe you know.

I’m sick of Arteta and I’m quietly not having it, but otherwise it’s really not that deep.

Wasn't talking about your mental state, mate...would never do that in a serious manner, I am not a scumbag.

Meant it more like someone has given you the glasses from They Live, you just see what is really going on :lol:

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Wasn't talking about your mental state, mate...would never do that in a serious manner, I am not a scumbag.

Meant it more like someone has given you the glasses from They Live, you just see what is really going on :lol:
I’ve been trying to get the forums third eye open for a good year and a half now.

Edteta can still change my mind tbh, it’s just going to take something substantial for me to return to post FA Cup/Auba extension levels of optimism.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You and the Arsène haters feed off each other. You give each other purpose on this forum.

I bet if Arteta or a future manager wins the league your first post after it will be a backhanded compliment about investment / squad cost / no planes or banners etc. You won't be able to resist 😁

You're the guardian of Arsène's legacy on here. Any other manager being successful and winning trophies you'll regard as a threat to Wengers status so you'll down play it.

The more Arsenal struggle the better it makes Arsène look so it no surprise many think you're happy we're in the state we are to be honest.
Weird post.

The reason I admire Arsène is because he has been the best manager since the club joined the league in 1893. No other reason. The stats are clear. The day we get another manager who can keep continuous top 4, win the league 3 times and also win 7 FA Cups, none of us will likely be here to debate it. Objectively he was exceptional.

If by some incredible fluke we ever get a manager that good again, I’ll be at the front of queue to praise him, you can be sure of that. But there’ll still be some on here investing in planes to get rid of him if he ever loses the odd match 5-1.

Riou

Edteta can still change my mind tbh, it’s just going to take something substantial for me to return to post FA Cup/Auba extension levels of optimism.

You left out the Community Shield to annoy me here, I think.

Though I am a bit of a ****, so fairs.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The bolded is the issue though.

I’ll speak for @Tir Na Nog as well here…we aren’t dragging up any stats, we’re literally just commenting on charts that people post on here to provoke discussion. A-G is pretty neutral on Arteta I think and he just posts the charts, I’m sure if they were positive he would post them too.

We and a few others find analytics interesting…it’s not our fault that Arteta’s underlying stats aren’t great. If they were, I’d comment on them in the same way. If the roles were completely reversed and Arteta had poor results but really promising underlying stats I’d highlight that too.

But when a manager I already don’t rate is producing numbers that support my opinion of him, I’m definitely going to talk about it, at least it’s some kind of rational discussion. I could just spam stuff like “get this bxm out” everyday.
Fair enough! I don't have any issues with what you post there. My apologies also if I have been a bit salty with my posts lately. I just perceived, in my view, a certain amount of looking for stats to support a viewpoint, while completely ignoring other stats that are much more positive, like league position and defensive solidity.

Look, I am also worried about the state of our attack and I really hope it improves. I am also worried about the Liverpool game and us losing. And I am not that because I, or indeed others have some Arteta in / Wenger out overarching, and soon to be decade long, agenda. I just want the club I support to win games!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

It's not as if we even went on a full blown assault, we didn't even bring the graphs up. Others posted them and we commented on them. It's not like I said "this graph shows Arteta should be sacked on the spot", I just felt like it highlighted some concerns. But I definitely emphasised that things could improve in some of them and I'd see how things go in the coming weeks.

Also it's the international break, there's very little to actually talk about. :lol:
See my post to @Trilly for response. My original post really wasn't directed at anyone particular. Plus, like you say, it is international break! It feels so long without an Arsenal game. Bad enough without European football. It literally feels like we are playing every two weeks...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’ve been trying to get the forums third eye open for a good year and a half now.

Ah post FA cup were good times, Pepe looked like he was ready to explode, we scraped into Europe and I thought Arteta might just be the next big thing. Auba was moving crazy as well and it seemed like he would stay.

Then he went and signed Willian and played him at the expense of results and our boy’s never really recovered from that tbh. I’ve strongly disliked him since then ngl.

As for the third eye, they’ll learn or we’ll become a top 4 side. Win-win either way.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Ah post FA cup were good times, Pepe looked like he was ready to explode, we scraped into Europe and I thought Arteta might just be the next big thing. Auba was moving crazy as well and it seemed like he would stay.

Then he went and signed Willian and played him at the expense of results and our boy’s never really recovered from that tbh. I’ve strongly disliked him since then ngl.

As for the third eye, they’ll learn or we’ll become a top 4 side. Win-win either way.
I was a big believer of our nearly 200 mil strike force and I hate the way Arteta has convinced everybody only one of the three can be on the pitch at any time (we won FA Cup with it).

There were loads of things Arteta did I didn’t like but the backing and arsewiping he’s been afforded is easily the worst thing about him which isn’t even his fault.

In regards to Pepe, this happens all the time in football. He can still make it as an integral proponent of a CL team eventually if he leaves now. I fear he will go the way of Lacazette however, leaving on a free bald and half the player that showed up - but hope he proves me wrong.

In all fairness to Arteta he’s actually worked on Pepe and did more for him than Emery. He’s had a shot and he’s not for Arteta, so it’s up to Pepe to salvage his career he can’t have complaints.

Riou

I don’t like artetas style of play and I’m not convinced and there’s nothing anybody on this forum can do! Come beat me up then!

🤣

The gap between AM and the next best football forum, is even bigger than the trophy gap between Arsenal and Sp**s...how could you not love this place, GOAT website!

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Fact of the matter is that we are on a 10 game streak without a loss and an identity is starting to take shape. Promising times for the gunners

Chaoz_Enigma

Fact of the matter is that we are on a 10 game streak without a loss and an identity is starting to take shape. Promising times for the gunners
Hold your breath....next is liverpool.....as much as my heart says Arsenal will win, my head tells me most likely we will end up losing. The pain of being Arsenal fan is that the hope is the one that kills you. But on the other side of the coin, its the hope that keeps me supporting my club despite "dying" a few time.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom