• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Transfer Deadline Day Summer 2022: Much Edu About Nothing

Are you satisfied with our transfer window as a whole?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Of course we all want XI great players, XI competent backups and a few youngsters for extra cover but in reality how many teams in the World have that perfect squad?

I think our squad is pretty good, a couple of holes but far better than we finished with in May and enough to challenge.

I keep hearing about injuries but Partey, Tierney and Tomiyasu aside the rest look pretty robust. Looking at key players like Ramsdale, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Xhaka, Ødegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Jesus their injury records are all very good. Of course we don't want to run them into the ground but I think there is enough behind them to give them enough rest when required.

7/10 window for me, not perfect but we are better for it.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
From VillaTalk
What are we playing at!!

We should of sold him! We gonna lose him for free, Should of of took the £25 Million and run! that would of looked nice of the book of FFP.

Get Lange out the club NOW!
I don't understand this situation. Luiz wanted to go to Arsenal. They bid £25m for him and he has under a year left on his deal. It is almost a certainty he will not extend that deal, especially now.

So it's do we value Luiz services for the season over that of the money?
It's obvious to me that Luiz is staying because Gerrard is off

Secondly, regardless of where we are league wise, we need to stand up and assert that when players aren’t for sale, they aren’t. Arsenal trying to lowball us is pathetic.
Is €25 million for Luiz in the last year of his contract lowballing?
Luiz has started 1 game in 5, he's clearly below McGinn and Ramsey in the order and now we have Dendoncker too. If he was a starter I'd 100% rather keep him for the season and let him go on a free but he's a player we are barely using who's in his last 12 months and had an offer of 25m. From a football and business perspective that is absolute madness, I've got no clue what they are doing.
turning down £25m for a player who can give us the middle finger in January and down tools for 5 months seems pretty silly.
When we were chasing Smith Rowe last season didn’t he only have 12 months left on his contract and Arse were turning down £30m+ ??

Cant have it both ways.

Glad Luiz is still here.
Sounds like we gave arsenal a taste of their own medicine with the whole ESR **** they did
Am I the only one that thinks this is a bit stupid? Yay we won one over Arsenal but he’s just going to leave on a free at the end of the year. I really hope he doesn’t sulk and I don’t think he would, but why would he want to be here instead of there. Just feels like £20m wasted in a season where we are unlikely to go down once Gerrard is gone but also probably not achieving mid-table.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
The amount of negative over reaction to what has been a very good transfer window is just unreal! I respect the club for not panic buying at the end. Reading the comments here from some is like we have lost 5 games in a row and hadn't signed a player all summer! Some even start to wish we lose on Sunday as if that would make some point... Makes inpatient five year olds seem mature! :facepalm:
Very good is pushing it.

- Jesus and Zinchenko, obviously excellent and level raisers.

- Vieira and Marquinhos, remains to be seen what they’ll offer.

- Turner, not as good as Leno.

- Outgoings, we pretty much gave players away again. Some will return from loan next summer and we’ll have the same problem again.

- We’ve left ourselves incredibly short in midfield and on the wings. Players will get run into the ground, they’ll either get injured, or not play to their best level.

- You could probably say we are weaker in goal and on the wings than last season.

- As for winning 5 games in a row, this is why we should have got 2 more in, build on the good start, make something of this season. Instead, we’ve left ourselves short. We’ve won 5 games, Xhaka, Jesus, Gabi playing out of their skin, but that’s because it’s only been 1 game a week. Let’s see if they can keep the same intensity playing 2 games a week from now until January. We know Arteta only picks players he trusts.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Look Arteta say the plan was not to buy midfielder but after what happened last 3 days it forced them to go into market

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Compared to last season:

GK: Weaker (Leno > Turner)

DEF: Stronger (Saliba/Zinchenko > Mari/Tavares)

MID: Weaker (Vieira added but lost CM cover and never replaced)

ST: Stronger (Purely due to how much better Jesus is than Lacazette)

With added games it’s an average window overall.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

The same Arthur that A-M was calling a búm last season when we were linked with him has signed for Liverpool?

Interesting
ziekenhuisbal-erik.gif

AgonizingHeartfeltGannet-size_restricted.gif

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You spent 250m on transfers in last 8 months and say everyone against us 💀. What he expect PL club sell you thier best player for cheap? They know you owned by freaking country your 3rd kit is basically Saudi Arabia national team away kit have same shame.
Just ridiculous! They have spent the most ever in a calendar year and yet the media is spouting **** like they are spending wisely and not splashing the cash... They are owned by the Saudi ****ing government and can spend like there is no tomorrow yet they now are the plucky Northern upstarts being hard done by! The gall is just unreal!

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I actually don't think Howe is lying, but they've reaped the benefits of the new ownership as well.

Rich people often say money can't buy happiness but would never give up their wealth, that's just life.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

You spent 250m on transfers in last 8 months and say everyone against us 💀. What he expect PL club sell you thier best player for cheap? They know you owned by freaking country your 3rd kit is basically Saudi Arabia national team away kit have same shame.
They're lucky that the sale to that cretin was even approved. I know and acknowledge that all billionaires have dirty hands(except me obviously) but Jesus Christ you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger scumbag outside of Trump and Putin than MBS going around having people bone sawed and murdering family members to consolidate power. And then to have the nerve to be surprised when teams want proper fees for transfers from a c*nt who goes around dropping half a billion on fake Da Vinci paintings is very rich. Eddie Howe is ***** with zero morals.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Very good is pushing it.

- Jesus and Zinchenko, obviously excellent and level raisers.

- Vieira and Marquinhos, remains to be seen what they’ll offer.

- Turner, not as good as Leno.

- Outgoings, we pretty much gave players away again. Some will return from loan next summer and we’ll have the same problem again.

- We’ve left ourselves incredibly short in midfield and on the wings. Players will get run into the ground, they’ll either get injured, or not play to their best level.

- You could probably say we are weaker in goal and on the wings than last season.

- As for winning 5 games in a row, this is why we should have got 2 more in, build on the good start, make something of this season. Instead, we’ve left ourselves short. We’ve won 5 games, Xhaka, Jesus, Gabi playing out of their skin, but that’s because it’s only been 1 game a week. Let’s see if they can keep the same intensity playing 2 games a week from now until January. We know Arteta only picks players he trusts.
I think this is too negative. We basically have the same midfield as last year with Sambi having another year under his belt.

Think Arteta might subscribe to the Moyes philosophy of having a small and lean squad and rotate less. Just from his behavior so far he acts quite like him and he played under him for quite a while. Not sure I agree with that approach but that seems to be where we are.

Also think the main rotations will be in the cup games and they haven't started yet. So let's see what happens over the next couple of months. At least the start has been excellent.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Surprised at how little 'Yes' votes there are.

We upgraded our starting XI significantly this transfer window in *crucial* positions. It wasn't a perfect window of course; yes, it's annoying we couldn't do more to add to the squad but if you take a step back, we had a very good window.
It's difficult to be satisfied when the position we ended up crucially short in was one that anyone could have predicted us ending up crucially short in and thus should have been addressed early in the window. Partey cannot stay fit and that's before you get to anything else that could impact his availability. There always needed to be a quality backup/competition for him before Elneny was even going to be called into service. Lokonga is not that yet. If I'm renovating a house and the plumbing is the biggest issue then yes, it's great if I make the siding and windows look nice but it's not satisfying when the pipes I knew were the main issue and should have fixed first burst and flood the place. That's what happened here. If it weren't for the fact that thankfully Ben White is decent at right back we would be just as screwed when Tomi inevitably gets hurt. This was a window with some great signings tainted by the familiar inexcusable neglect that will cost us. How much remains to be seen.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

They're lucky that the sale to that cretin was even approved. I know and acknowledge that all billionaires have dirty hands(except me obviously) but Jesus Christ you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger scumbag outside of Trump and Putin than MBS going around having people bone sawed and murdering family members to consolidate power. And then to have the nerve to be surprised when teams want proper fees for transfers from a c*nt who goes around dropping half a billion on fake Da Vinci paintings is very rich. Eddie Howe is ***** with zero morals.
The fact that the PL approved the sale to the Saudis says it all. Zero morals just pure greed! And imagine the pundits and media over the next couple of year or decade when the money really starts to kick in! It will be unbearable!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Midfield - they didn’t want to buy but were forced to after Elneny injury, little time but why not Zakaria on loan for eg? Fail.

Wing - Vieira can sort of cover and Marquinhos may be an option, but they clearly wanted Raphinha. It’s admirable to not invest significant money if you don’t really want a player, wait till next year and find another worthy target, fair enough, but why not keep Pepe??

Arteta’s worse trait is his ability to take a player with some value and turn them into a player with no value.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Still have no idea who this Eduardo Hagn guy people kept quoting during the whole window is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom