• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 1 Brentford | Saturday 11th February | KO: 15:00 GMT |

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalBrentford2122.jpg

That was our most dreadful performance in the league since that collapse at Newcastle at the backend of last season.

It is imperative we win this or doubts will start to creep and there can be no doubt in a title race especially against City, a declining one, nonetheless, otherwise when doubt creep in, especially in a young side like ours, you have yourself another title bottle job. But we should see off Brentford at home fairly easily.

Screenshot-20230204-170422.png

Screenshot-20230204-170436.png

Screenshot-20230204-170447.png

Screenshot-20230204-172923.png

White and Martinelli shouldn't see to he pitch, abeg.

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Brentford

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seriously think PL just love drama after just reading VAR forgot to draw a line in Brentford goal and should been offside it confirmed there something fishy going on there few embarrassing decisions against Chelsea and Brighton today too. The league either officially controlled by some mafia or betting companies or people who work in VAR are incompetent. And im going with first option.

Badger_Revenge

I'm going with second. Too proud to depend on technology to help with a call. To incompetent to use the technology efficiently, too pressured to come to quick decisions. I still don't see how they don't see Norgaard is off.

They had this figured out at the world cup. I also liked that they didn't count hands as offside. I wouldn't count the arms either. You aren't supposed to use them anyway. Everything else should count.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
A number of players are out of form; oordegaard in particular. We didn't create much at all today, this is the big worry. We have got that slower, predictable horse shoe passing going again like we did when our attack was struggling in previous years. Lots of crossing into the box where we have no threat and today lots of shots from long range. Finding it difficult to penetrate defences.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm going with second. Too proud to depend on technology to help with a call. To incompetent to use the technology efficiently, too pressured to come to quick decisions. I still don't see how they don't see Norgaard is off.

They had this figured out at the world cup. I also liked that they didn't count hands as offside. I wouldn't count the arms either. You aren't supposed to use them anyway. Everything else should count.
The funny thing they didn't even looked at Norgaard position they were focusing on Toney ans Jansen lol

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Todays result isn't a disaster. We have the game in hand & opposite to take points from City. Itll be nip & tuck for the remainder of the season & I reckon itll go to the wire. We just have to put in a massive performance against City to get us back in the groove.

MartiSaka

Todays result isn't a disaster. We have the game in hand & opposite to take points from City. Itll be nip & tuck for the remainder of the season & I reckon itll go to the wire. We just have to put in a massive performance against City to get us back in the groove.
Need to find some form - it's the way we are playing that is worrying.

MartiSaka

Even the ex referee in the studio admitted it was a mistake by VAR, thats a first.

Badger_Revenge

The funny thing they didn't even looked at Norgaard position they were focusing on Toney ans Jansen lol
Yeah, and that's just flat incompetence. How don't they have this process semiautomated? It should be possible. The premier league is wealthy.

Pretty sure it was Partey's well extended hand playing Pennock on. That's just so dumb and random.

Brentford were worth their point, though. Especially in the first half, they implemented their strategy to a T. Frustrating that Arsenal got through that and then conceded in such a dumb way. Really pissed me off.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Yeah, and that's just flat incompetence. How don't they have this process semiautomated? It should be possible. The premier league is wealthy.

Pretty sure it was Partey's well extended hand playing Pennock on. That's just so dumb and random.

Brentford were worth their point, though. Especially in the first half, they implemented their strategy to a T. Frustrating that Arsenal got through that and then conceded in such a dumb way. Really pissed me off.
How can you say they were worth their point when there goal shouldn’t have stood?

Some of the dumbest logic I hear in life.

Badger_Revenge

How can you say they were worth their point when there goal shouldn’t have stood?

Some of the dumbest logic I hear in life.
They played well. That's all I meant. They created two open looks at goal in the first half that they should have done better with. That's better than Arsenal did. Still don't understand how Rico screwed his opportunity up so badly. Toney usually does better with his. Trossard's opportunity is really the only clear chance Arsenal had - maybe also the save on Saka.

The goal shouldn't have counted, that can be true too.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
They created two open looks at goal in the first half that they should have done better with. That's better than Arsenal did. Still don't understand how Rico screwed his opportunity up so badly. Trossard's opportunity is really the only clear chance Arsenal had - maybe also the save on Saka.

The goal shouldn't have counted, that can be true too.
But none of that ended in them scoring a goal.

So they shouldn’t have got the point as I said.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

That is the rule and has been for a long time. It has to be a body part that can play the ball.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If it was a refereeing error for their goal then that sucks, but it was still piss poor defending in the first place and they were probably the better side anyway. We would have been lucky to come out with 3 points. Draw was a fair result and Arteta has to get the fire going again, cos it’s in danger of fizzling out.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
If it was a refereeing error for their goal then that sucks, but it was still piss poor defending in the first place and they were probably the better side anyway. We would have been lucky to come out with 3 points. Draw was a fair result and Arteta has to get the fire going again, cos it’s in danger of fizzling out.

Any side with 30% of the ball is not the better side. They fashioned the better chances on the break in the first half when our defending was really poor. A draw on balance was probably a deserved result for both teams

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
When teams are stronger physically and in the air we have to be smarter. We shouldn’t be getting bullied at home. Throw some elbows in. Discourage them from winning those headers etc.
Things that come with experience obviously, which our defence lacks. Saliba was the most naive culprit.

Wryer

Ooof. This hurt. The doubts will creep in, the naysayers are circling like vultures.

But this wobble was always going to happen. In any PL title race.

Best part of this wobble? Man City next. Lose it, and that's it. Win it, and its gauntlets down.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I feel deflated. Really to struggle to shrug off bad results these days, it ruins weekends. There seems to be an inevitability about us collapsing and City overtaking us. Even the atmosphere at The Emirates is completely different. There was nothing today, no Saliba song, no Zinchenko song, no Saka song, nothing.

Everyone is tense, even the players, they get forward and just hesitate, nothing is instant anymore, Partey and Zinchenko the biggest culprits of that today, they let Brentford get back in position.

This really does feel like our one chance and unfortunatly, at this point, it just feels like city are inevitable.
Pull yourself together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom