• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 743,130
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Caicedo should again yesterday why he is a necessity this summer.

I'd have no problem waiting for next summer to get Rice on a free if it meant dedicating the lion's share to securing Caicedo.

Partey, as good as he is, can no longer be depended on to last an entire season.
This would be my priority for the season. Everything else is secondary. We have a chance to buy a guy who can be the best in his position in the world. Everything else you can do on the cheap like 8 position for Gabri Veiga or Hatate. You can get a steady CB for 20 million from Europe etc etc. secure this guy asap

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Do a job? Competition for esr? We talking about 60-70 million player on 250k. I would hope he would be way better than competing with a guy behind Nelson and Vieira

He'll be signed as a starter for sure, but he could also find himself on the bench thereafter you know.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

This would be my priority for the season. Everything else is secondary. We have a chance to buy a guy who can be the best in his position in the world. Everything else you can do on the cheap like 8 position for Gabri Veiga or Hatate. You can get a steady CB for 20 million from Europe etc etc. secure this guy asap

He definitely should be the #1 target for the club.

Give Brighton whatever they want!!

Goonger

Honestly, we should go out and get both Rice AND Caceido. We've done a lot of the groundwork behind the scenes where both players would gladly join us it seems. It's pretty unique to us that 2 of the biggest names on the move this summer actually want to come to us.
So let's take advantage of that fact and go out and get them both and have real quality and depth in both the Xhaka and Partey positions before they actually start declining.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
AMN confirmed he will leave Arsenal as free agent this summer we not gonna offer him new contract.

Sad Season 9 GIF by The Office

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Honestly, we should go out and get both Rice AND Caceido. We've done a lot of the groundwork behind the scenes where both players would gladly join us it seems. It's pretty unique to us that 2 of the biggest names on the move this summer actually want to come to us.
So let's take advantage of that fact and go out and get them both and have real quality and depth in both the Xhaka and Partey positions before they actually start declining.
Fully agree. But this is Arsenal. Ever since I remember the Arsenal approach has been just about enough for now and be on the look out in he next window

It will be 1 midfielder we sign sadly

Goonger

Fully agree. But this is Arsenal. Ever since I remember the Arsenal approach has been just about enough for now and be on the look out in he next window

It will be 1 midfielder we sign sadly

Yeah, I hear you, think we all still feel like this. The only bit of hope I'm clinging to is the stuff coming out when we bid for Caceido that it wouldn't affect any potential move for Rice in the summer.

blaze_of_glory

Backup for Ødegaard, competition for Partey and backup CB who can play Arteta's system are the clear priorities imo.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Backup for Ødegaard, competition for Partey and backup CB who can play Arteta's system are the clear priorities imo.
What about a Xhaka successor? And someone to take the strain off Saka. I actually find it tricky to put it in any order although I'd have CM at the top.

SA Gunner

What about a Xhaka successor? And someone to take the strain off Saka. I actually find it tricky to put it in any order although I'd have CM at the top.

Raphinha is that man IMO.

Allows us to rotate Saka, Martinelli and Xhaka, but more importantly allows us to play Saka as one of the 8s. Better signing that both Kudus and Mac Allister I'd say.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Raphinha is that man IMO.

Allows us to rotate Saka, Martinelli and Xhaka, but more importantly allows us to play Saka as one of the 8s. Better signing that both Kudus and Mac Allister I'd say.

Why would you lose the end product of Saka by playing him as an 8? Also Raphina isn't swapping Barce's bench for ours

blaze_of_glory

I think we have Nelson and ESR who can play RW if need be. As well as maybe Trossard though I'm not sure he's played on the right. But I think we have options there at least.

Xhaka successor also needed but I'm not sure it's as big as Partey competition/successor. Someone who could fill in for both would be great.

I think Ødegaard right now is the hardest person to replace tbh.

SA Gunner

Why would you lose the end product of Saka by playing him as an 8? Also Raphina isn't swapping Barce's bench for ours

Tactical options mate, and our front five/six is fluid if you watch us. Saka can play out wide and centrally as well. Raphinha in doesnt drop our attacking quality one bit.

As for Raphinha on the bench, he'll be competing in a team going for the biggest prizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom