• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Since Everton got a points deduction for doing something bad...

When are Sp**s gonna get theirs for calling themselves "one of the Big Six in England", despite not winning the league or main cup in this country since the Prem began in 1992?

That's genuinely worse and more offensive than whatever Everton did!

Tom Mix

Since Everton got a points deduction for doing something bad...

When are Sp**s gonna get theirs for calling themselves "one of the Big Six in England", despite not winning the league or main cup in this country since the Prem began in 1992?

That's genuinely worse and more offensive than whatever Everton did!
The Big Shi ts more like.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Quite telling. Angeball isn't sustainable in the PL.

That 2-2 hurts. We had them with our pressing and we missed some absolute sitters and then gave away that stupid equalizer. Ooooof.
Has been at every other club he went to. Give him a billion dollars like arteta and he would win the PL or at least have a 85-90 pt season. Tell me one player he has recruited this yr that hasn’t been cooking. VDV, the goal keeper, Maddison. He is at elite at recruiting for his system. There cannot be any argument about that if you know his history. However, like it seems all managers these days, he requires his “own” team to excel. He probably won’t be backed at Sp**s to the level necessary.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He is at elite at recruiting for his system.

Warra system it is...

2b8bda46-63aa-48bc-9100-9ab21cf1ff3f-2-e1699343477201.jpg

...a true tactical genius!

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Has been at every other club he went to. Give him a billion dollars like arteta and he would win the PL or at least have a 85-90 pt season. Tell me one player he has recruited this yr that hasn’t been cooking. VDV, the goal keeper, Maddison. He is at elite at recruiting for his system. There cannot be any argument about that if you know his history. However, like it seems all managers these days, he requires his “own” team to excel. He probably won’t be backed at Sp**s to the level necessary.
There's been soo many managers that couldn't win with money. It's much much harder to win PL than to get top 4.

We've spent like 100mil more than Sp**s last 3 years so it's not that big of a difference from Sp**s to arsenal

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

You need to take your Ange loving slash Ange is the greatest goggles off mate, its not just about spending money and playing attacking football.

Look at Klopp, he has built exactly the attacking side that Ange will look to build. A vertical, attack minded team who holds the ball well. Despite doing that Klopp has still not been able to dominate.

I hope Ange gets the budget and time to build his side, just like Arteta has, and unfortunately I predict he will still not dominate, not with Pep around.

Best bet for Ange? A team on par with Arteta, Klopp, Potchettino, Howe and Ten Hag's. An 85-90 point season, or more, yes. But not enough to win the league consistently. Only Pep is almost guaranteed that.

And here's the kicker... Ange WILL have to adapt his style to stay relevant at the top level. Attack, attack wont be enough anymore as he has done in his career. There is just too many competitors in the PL and Europe to think your way will ultimately win.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I came here to talk about Sp**s in their last game. I was quite scathing on their lack of control in their last game, but I have to be fair to them as well.

What we saw from them against Wolves last matchday is the importance of having significant squad depth to exert the level of control you need to play your game. I said at the time that Angeball is chaotic and you cant win that way, and I still believe that.

What I have to correct though is that Angeball isnt just about chaos. There is chaos yes, but it is a controlled chaos if you know what I mean. Ange wants to bait the opposition to press high, so as to open the spaces needed to attack. But that would need proper technicians on the field, like Maddison, like Bissouma, like VDVen, Udogie, and a finisher like Son upfront. When they are available, then Ange is ready to take those bait the opposition risks, and be confident to play themselves into good positions.

TLDR: Ange wants you to push up and pressurise his team, because it gets him the spaces he needs to take advantage of in attack. Once Ange gets in the depth he needs, he will manage a very dangerous, transition based Sp**s who would kill you in an instant. A team like Liverpool and Newcastle.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
It's undoubtedly the case that his teams nearly always score a lot of goals and that his second season feats tend to outstrip his first at every club he's been at. He tends not to stay still for long, so harder to draw long term conclusions.

Its hard to extrapolate to an EPL scenario because the tactical and technical quality of the leagues he has managed in before are so far behind the EPL, and his best results also tend to correspond to superiority of resources. What he did at Celtic was great, but he was in charge of the richest and best positioned club, and successfully exploited his knowledge of the Japanese domestic league to bring in game changing signings, at a level that won't cut it at EPL level.

So far VDV and Vicario have been excellent under the radar signings. Maddison was always going to go to a club like Sp**s because he's a fine player but one with fitness and consistency/control issues.

Ultimately its very hard to predict how things will go at WHL, because although undoubtedly a good coach, he's never come close to operating in such a competitive environment, or one where outmatched in terms of resources. And the one flaw his systems always have will likely get more ruthlessly exposed. His teams always create lots of chances and concede lots, but he's managed to acquire efficient scorers in otherwise very inefficient leagues. Hard to say that won't get exploited in the EPL and place a glass ceiling...hell if we had a killer up front, we would won by 2-3 goals against them, and there are other teams who will feast on that back line, even when its not depleted.

Probably the biggest red flag is that tactics against Chelsea, which was applying a potentially sound idea against a team perfectly resourced to exploit that idea, but much more likely to struggle against other tactical options.

I suspect he will get Sp**s back to ECL qualification this year or next, but the idea of a 90 point ceiling, even with big money spent, is unlikely due to the defensive vulnerability inherent in his system that will always allow for freak results against more than one that exercises control.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom