• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 0 - 2 West Ham | Thursday 28th December| KO: 20:15 GMT | Prime Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-West-Ham.jpg

Screenshot-20231223-223058.png

Screenshot-20231223-223116.png

Screenshot-20231223-223130.png

Screenshot-20231223-223159.png

Screenshot-20231223-223216.png

Screenshot-20231223-223234.png

Screenshot-20231223-223306.png

lineup-1.png

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 West Ham

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

It’s not everyone though that’s the thing. It’s just Saka and Martinelli really, and given their age it was always on the cards. Ødegaard isn’t playing in the same kind of spaces as he was last season.

The problem is that our no9 has never ever had shooting boots.
I was on record, even during the latter stages of the Dark Days saying that patience was needed because it's natural that given the age of our squad, there will be slumps, so I hear that.

But when your LW, RW, ST and attacking 8s have all dropped in terms of productivity at the same time, it's going to hurt. And it almost hurts worse when otherwise we are playing quite well.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
It’s not everyone though that’s the thing. It’s just Saka and Martinelli really, and given their age it was always on the cards. Ødegaard isn’t playing in the same kind of spaces as he was last season.

The problem is that our no9 has never ever had shooting boots.

Yes, and we have slowed our game down so much, that it allows teams like West Ham to regroup their defensive shape, over and over.

Its essentially what keeps defensive teams like this in the contest for such long periods. If you look at Liverpool's attacking model, they dont waste time when the ball is turned over. I think we need to bring that element of directness back, not only when its late in the game.

Frustrating result, and doesnt look good. Arteta needs to get back to the drawing board because this is not good enough for a title charge.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We also scoring from set pieces alot our players lost their finishing touch this season Saka Martinelli simply not scoring G.jesus miss chances more than scoring.

To be honest this problem only solve by players themselves we creating chances alot of them last 3 home games we had 23 attempts on target and only managed 4 goals this is poverty stuff

Gooner505

Don’t know where to start. Nobody was good enough today. Must be a Christmas hangover. Don’t know what else to chalk it up to.

However, if we don’t start converting our good chances more often, we’ll start losing a lot more winnable games. We’re missing so many good chances. It puts our defense under immense pressure knowing that we need 50 chances to score one goal.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Yeah, but hand on heart, do any of our attackers look confident in front of goal? Most chances were fluffed.
How did we get 2.68x G? A little perplexed. Those two headers from Jesus where the only clear chances I can remember and Jesus was never going to finish both of those two. I guess there were a couple of long range shots that we made but surely not high xG chances.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Atleast their second goal killed the cry
Statistical correction. We had guys who aren’t proven goalscorers hitting double figures for fun.

A few like @Rasmi and I called it out as unsustainable and I think we’re just seeing it get corrected.

Saka, Jesus and Martinelli all struggling horribly from open play but you can’t exactly point to previous seasons and be confident they’re going to turn it around are they? We don’t have volume goalscorers in tis team.
All summer and begging of season we told them it’s not sustainable. We got the arrogant dismissive answer we scored 88 goals no team has ever had 3 non strikers score 15, 15 and 14. Anyone with sense could see. But people only see things after they happened. Half the season gone and we are on course of 72 goals with 6 teams out scoring us after 19 games

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Still it was your first win at the Emirates since 2015 IIRC and David Moyes first win there entirely, solid performances from most of your players out there. Definitely a reason to be excited compared to previous seasons.

I'm sorry but if Arsenal fans are justified in wanting Arteta out despite contending for the title, I think I'm justified in wanting something different than Moyes when we're memeballing our way into relegation fights or Europe depending on the season :lol:

Obviously I'm happy with the points and I do give some leeway to playing this way against top sides but that doesn't change the fact that we'll play Brighton on the 2nd and approach it like they're 2011 Barca and we're barely professional.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Solanke in the past few weeks has scored the entirety of JaySus’ Arsenal tally.

This is something many fail to understand, how common has it been for a title winning team that has two starters with a total of 5 PL goals (Jesus with 3 and Martinelli 2).

If people go back over the years then you’d see if it’s not one player providing a freakish output like Haaland then it’s two hitting 20+ like Salah and Mane. The list can go on if you go back over the years,

Edit: Mind you I don’t think that’s the only issue in the side, there are glaring holes elsewhere but people might get upset if I come for their favourites.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Worst performance of the season by a mile.

Even the main stars this season Saka, Saliba and Rice were poor.

Trossard played like he was drunk.

Zero intensity or drive to our game. Totally unacceptable. Like watching 11 guys playing with a hangover.

Credit to West Ham though, they enacted their game plan perfectly.

Diesel

Atleast their second goal killed the cry

All summer and begging of season we told them it’s not sustainable. We got the arrogant dismissive answer we scored 88 goals no team has ever had 3 non strikers score 15, 15 and 14. Anyone with sense could see. But people only see things after they happened. Half the season gone and we are on course of 72 goals with 6 teams out scoring us after 19 games
This. Last season doesn't mean **** this season especially scoring wise.

Marty 2 goals
Saka 5 goals
Jesus 3 goals.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@Sanchez11

I will NEVER forgive this group of players for letting West Ham Central win tonight, never forgive.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Yes, and we have slowed our game down so much, that it allows teams like West Ham to regroup their defensive shape, over and over.

There was a bunch of times in that game where we worked the ball into a good area and they were still scrambling back and then our attacker turned around and passed it backwards.

Was unbelievable stuff. I don’t understand what that’s about when you’re chasing a game honestly. At 0-0 yeah sure whatever but not when you’re chasing.

blaze_of_glory

We also scoring from set pieces alot our players lost their finishing touch this season Saka Martinelli simply not scoring G.jesus miss chances more than scoring.

To be honest this problem only solve by players themselves we creating chances alot of them last 3 home games we had 23 attempts on target and only managed 4 goals this is poverty stuff
Too many players snatching at chances, no composure at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom