• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's still got a year or two before it becomes must win. People do forget just how much of a turn around we've had.

A little over four years ago our captain was booed off under Emery, and there was near zero connection to those on the pitch.

The road hasn't been easy but if you want to keep grounded look at Liverpool and Klopp. Often lauded for what's he's done yet has just two major trophies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Good video, ngl.

But why can't people who talk about football on Youtube ever be cool/handsome people, like us on AM.
Its like when I did my Arsenal podcast for years, started meeting other podcasters and you tubers, and realised I was clearly the looker of the bunch...low bar though...

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

That result for Liverpool today will take a little bit of wind out their sails.

Losing after extra time like that and having two weeks to dwell on it.

LookingForEric

I didn’t actually realise I had @Paperino on mute. Just saw what he said for the first time in weeks and I’m not surprised.

Man’s saying if we get 90+ points and into the CL semi final to sack Arteta hahahaha

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

The annual "Even if we win jack shìt i will continue to suck off Teta" tweet from one of the virgins that attacked Wenger for years because we won jack shìt.

Nah, you need to calm down.

Apply context instead of your usual brainless nonsense, and actually think about why people would say such.

Not everything has to fit into your lens of Arteta must always suck no matter what, because Wenger was hard done by, that's not how life works.

Its time to grow up, you've been here for years and years and you still sound like a child.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He does need to start winning something again, no matter how much he has improved us league wise.

The fact that in last 2 seasons an average United team has won more (and could be going to back to back Wembley appearances in those seasons too) at the minute, is quite annoying 😅

If we don't win anything this season, I feel we should be winning 2 next year then.
So.. Wenger getting top 4 for years, but not really challenging at all, was great for some (it was for me too). Then Arsenal dropped out of top 4, and Arsenal was the true banter club.

Now Arteta has got Arsenal challenging for the biggest trophies every year, even in UCL. Suddenly even that is not enough of a progress.

It's really weird how some people's minds work (not talking about you). The lack of context understanding always amazes me.

Isn't Le Grove Lee Gunner? Weird to see him have the sensible take. :lol: He is right that Arsenal management won't sack Arteta even next year if the challenging for trophies continues, even without winning trophies. It's hopeless for Arteta haters.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
So.. Wenger getting top 4 for years, but not really challenging at all, was great for some (it was for me too). Then Arsenal dropped out of top 4, and Arsenal was the true banter club.

Now Arteta has got Arsenal challenging for the biggest trophies every year, even in UCL. Suddenly even that is not enough of a progress.

It's really weird how some people's minds work (not talking about you). The lack of context understanding always amazes me.

Isn't Le Grove Lee Gunner? Weird to see him have the sensible take. :lol: He is right that Arsenal management won't sack Arteta even next year if the challenging for trophies continues, even without winning trophies. It's hopeless for Arteta haters.

Arteta is literally the heart of the club now, I would absolutely not sack him if we win nothing this season...after all he's done for the club, coming up a little short in the Premier League and Champions League is absolutely not a sackable offence...I am not even sure what he could realistically do to get sacked at this point, he has well and truly beaten the haters now 😅

I am just saying it could be 4 years without anything this season, it's not a sackable offence but it is annoying for a club like Arsenal...we are only behind United and Liverpool in silverware in England, we need to remember that.

For all the great recent wins, Arteta's best ever wins are still City (semi-final) and Chelsea (final) in the FA cup win in 2020...as that's what it's ultimately about at Arsenal, winning.

I have seen Poch do well in the Premier League and Champions League with Sp**s but ultimately win **** all, I don't want that to be Arteta's Arsenal overall.

That's just my point...you can do well in the league while still picking up cups along the way, it's not one or the other.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

No. I'm met Le Grove (his name is Pete and he now lives and works in the US, doing quite well I think). He's not my kind of person, but he's not massively stupid ****** like Lee Gunner.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

No. I'm met Le Grove (his name is Pete and he now lives and works in the US, doing quite well I think). He's not my kind of person, but he's not massively stupid ****** like Lee Gunner.
Ah okay, thanks. Had the wrong impression. But that totally makes sense because Lee Gunner is just something else. Can't expect anything sensible from him. :lol:

Riou

Lee Gunner.

He might be worse than Piers and JUST behind Bin Laden as the worst Arsenal fan ever...

"Bruno Fernandes is better than prime Mesut Özil"

...he said this after a few lockdown penalties too 🤣

Riou

We’ve had 3 different managers in 6 years.

"Keep sacking them all until you win"

CYDNczbUkAA9cQ6.png

...got a winna' in charge of The Arse now!

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I will reserve judgement until the end of the season.

If we continue to battle & stay in the race for PL & CL, don't choke, but just come up a point or 2 short, then fair enough.

If we, from the position we are in, choke again & fall away, then questions really do have to be asked....

We've choked in previous two seasons, a third would be embarrassing & would create an unwanted narrative associated with his managerial credentials.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Aretas not getting sacked if we don't win anything this season. By most metrics we should be a top 4 challenger rather than title challenger.

I hope we smash the league this year and my expectations will rise if the beat Man City up next but I'm not going to go crazy if we get out muscled by one of the others.

I think next season we'll probably be going in as favourites or close to it for the title with Klopp going, so expectations will fairly be higher.

Anyway, virtually no-one ( barring an extreme lunatic fringe) were calling for Arsène to be sacked when we were title challengers who came up a little short.

LookingForEric

I will reserve judgement until the end of the season.

If we continue to battle & stay in the race for PL & CL, don't choke, but just come up a point or 2 short, then fair enough.

If we, from the position we are in, choke again & fall away, then questions really do have to be asked....

We've choked in previous two seasons, a third would be embarrassing & would create an unwanted narrative associated with his managerial credentials.

Whilst questions need to be asked we’ll inevitably achieve 83-90 points. I don’t believe any other manager available right now pushes us one step further to win it.

It’s a tough one because getting rid of Mikel could actually send us back.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Aretas not getting sacked if we don't win anything this season. By most metrics we should be a top 4 challenger rather than title challenger.

I hope we smash the league this year and my expectations will rise if the beat Man City up next but I'm not going to go crazy if we get out muscled by one of the others.

I think next season we'll probably be going in as favourites or close to it for the title with Klopp going, so expectations will fairly be higher.

Anyway, virtually no-one ( barring an extreme lunatic fringe) were calling for Arsène to be sacked when we were title challengers who came up a little short.
True, but his teams actually under achieved imo. Especially the invincibles era. Anyway, that's an argument for another time.

My point is that Arsène had credit in the bank with several trophies won early & didn't have to be concerned about getting sacked etc. Whilst Arteta continues on a good trajectory but ultimately without major silverware, the question marks will hang.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think there's a right to be disappointed to a certain extent if we miss out this year. Of course it's a tough and tight race but you look to that run of 1 win in 5 games in December, some of subpar performances which result in draws vs Chelsea and Fulham earlier and just how long it took us to properly get going and you feel as though we've shot ourselves in the foot. Because since the New Year we've been the best team in the league if not close to being the best team in Europe and currently I think we're better than both Liverpool and City but that's not how the league works. We've played like Champions even more so than last year but that run in December has left the margin for error so incredibly small were the next failure to win could be fatal.

I also think we'd be fairly disappointed if it was losing out to this Liverpool side, tho the Klopp leaving factor will spur them on must here would say they simply can't chat to us. I think some do underrate this Liverpool side but there's also legitimate weaknesses in their team which you'd usually say is too glaring for a potential title winning team while City just don't feel anywhere near last year. I know we said that at times last year too but they stepped it up from the end of January last year, this year we're heading toward late March and they still feel nowhere near as good as last year.

I think you can forgive people for being disappointed and feeling it's an opportunity missed especially because we don't know what next year's gonna be like. Obviously the sacking stuff is ridiculous and is absolutely not even gonna be thought about for a nanosecond, contract extension is far more likely no matter how the season finishes. But there can also be some reflection on why we end up with nothing again should it happen. It doesn't have to be one of the two extremes where failure to win anything is catastrophic and sack worthy, however it doesn't matter if we win nothing and miss out because he turned us around and we played brilliantly for a period of t he season.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom