• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Our attack is blunt, Welbeck is starting upfront. I see no downside to PEA signing, unless he's coming as a wide man.
If this ever happened and we kept laca with this formation, it would have to be laca forced to LF. Auba is a poacher, laca more technical imo

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
We badly need goals with Alexis leaving.

We only have 2 proven goalscorers in the squad: Lacazette & Giroud. One of them is a bench player & probably leaving next summer.

I don't understand how you can say no to Aubameyang.
We're one injury away from playing a Welbeck Walcott Iwobi front three.

But Aubameyang by himself won't be enough. If we manage to get Malcom or/and Mkhitaryan it would be great.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Comparing Aubameyang to Jamie Vardy. Wow, I'm at a loss for words.

Who's comparing? I just stated how both players would fit into our system.

I'm just getting to the point that it's not a striker that we lack. It's a creative player.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Who's comparing? I just stated how both players would fit into our system.

I'm just getting to the point that it's not a striker that we lack. It's a creative player.

We lack both mate.
If lacazette gets injured, we have 0 goalscorers in the squad except Giroud.

Both need to be addressed.
That's why I'd be glad if we sign Mkhi and Malcom alongside Aubam.

But I agree, Aubameyang by himself won't be enough.

M

MalcomMadness

Actually think we need this guy, Mikky and Malcom. We haven't been using the kids (Nelson/Nketiah etc) because they aren't good enough just yet.

Iwobi is OK but not good enough, Welbeck will always be a donkey from now on and Walcott is hopefully off.

Atm we do have 6 senior attackers for the 3 positions up front so numbers wise we're okay. It'd literally be Malcom for Walcott and Auba for Alexis though, which is alright I guess but I do think if Mikky is available in any deal then we need to get him in as well.

Özil, Malcom, Mikky, Aubameyang, Lacazette, Giroud, Welbeck, Iwobi.

I don't think Wenger will ever have 8 senior attackers on his roster. So we're probably looking at 2 from Mikky, Auba and Malcom. Hopefully the latter two.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We lack both mate.
If lacazette gets injured, we have 0 goalscorers in the squad except Giroud.

Both need to be addressed.
That's why I'd be glad if we sign Mkhi and Malcom alongside Aubam.

But I agree, Aubameyang by himself won't be enough.

Is it a pressing concern?

Mate, we're playing Iwobi, Welbeck & Xhaka as starters. Let that sink in.

We've also got a finished Mertesacker, an aging & crocked Koscielny, a waste of space Mustafi & two Jagielkas (Chambers & Holding) at the back. We've also got an aging LB playing CB. Again. Let all of that sink in.

And to top that off we've got a declining helmet head in goal. Who's a shadow of the player he used to be.

An alternative to Lacazette's can wait for the summer. Nketiah can be third choice for now.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not surprising that the two threads I start are the two players we want.

My sauces are never wrong.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Is it an addressing concern?

Mate, we're playing Iwobi, Welbeck & Xhaka as starters. Let that sink in.

We've also got a finished Mertesacker, an aging & crocked Koscielny, a waste of space Mustafi & two Jagielkas (Chambers & Holding) at the back. We've also got an aging LB playing CB. Again. Let all of that sink in.

And to top that off we've got a declining helmet head in goal. Who's a shadow of the player he used to be.

An alternative to Lacazette's can wait for the summer. Nketiah can be third choice for now.

They can both play together.
We're not playing with winger anymore. Alexis is more a second striker than a wide player.
I think Lacazette can play there, with Aubam upfront.

Aubam runs will open up so much space for Lacazette. It could work. That's my point.

Other areas need to be strenghten too. But with Alexis leaving we need at least a player who is able to score goals.

We need also a creative player.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

They can both play together.
We're not playing with winger anymore. Alexis is more a second striker than a wide player.
I think Lacazette can play there, with Aubam upfront.

Aubam runs will open up so much space for Lacazette. It could work. That's my point.

Other areas need to be strenghten too. But with Alexis leaving we need at least a player who is able to score goals.

We need also a creative player.

Ok, if we sign Malcom like all the rumours are linking him with us.

Where will he fit in? We won't spend 45m+ on a player for him to sit on the bench.

How would you fit, these players into the line up?

Lacazette
Aubameyang
Malcom
Özil
Ramsey
Wilshere
Xhaka

M

MalcomMadness

Where will he fit in? We won't spend 45m+ on a player for him to sit on the bench.

Lacazette
Aubameyang
Malcom
Özil
Ramsey
Wilshere
Xhaka

You need QUALITY squad depth. We lost Ox and we're losing Walcott. Malcom essentially replaces those two, 45m is the new 20m these days. Its really nothing and I can see Malcom being an impact sub or starting when/if he really kicks on in the league. IF he's signed of course.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Lacazette
Aubameyang
Malcom
Özil
Ramsey
Wilshere
Xhaka
Aub - Laca - Malcom
Ramsey
Wilshere - Xhaka

Özil will leave soon anyway. If not now then in the summer.

karl

Even if Lacazette was confident and in form, we barely create any chances in a game anyway. It is the midfield balance and wide positions where I see the problem. Playing Welbeck and Iwobi is something Wenger seems to do by habit, rather than putting much thought into it.

If we can address the 2 wide positions and rejig the midfield to make it work, then things might be less depressing. Defence will never be sorted out while Arsène is in charge, so I wouldn't bother signing anyone there in order to ruin another career.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Lacazette
Aubameyang
Malcom
Özil
Ramsey
Wilshere
Xhaka

———————Laca/PEA———————-
PEA/Laca———Özil—————Malcom
———Wilshere/Xhaka——-Ramsey—-

One of Wilshere/Ramsey will always be injured given their history so that’s not really a problem.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

Lacazette
Aubameyang
Malcom
Özil
Ramsey
Wilshere
Xhaka

Tbf I've watched Malcom a lot.
He's quality. But he's still very raw. I don't think he's ready to make an immediate impact as a starter for us right now.

But his potential is so great that we need to buy him right now before another top club spends £80M on him.

I'd be glad if we had Malcom on our bench for the 2nd part of the season.
But being on the bench doesn't mean he doesn't play. He's gonna have a lot of opportunities to play.
In a year or 2 he's going to kill it.

If we keep playing a 352 my line up would be:

Aubam
Lacazette Özil

Xhaka (or Wilshere, we should try him as a DM) Ramsey (or Wilshere. depends on the form of both)

With Malcom being the 1st offensive option on the bench.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You need QUALITY squad depth. We lost Ox and we're losing Walcott. Malcom essentially replaces those two, 45m is the new 20m these days. Its really nothing and I can see Malcom being an impact sub or starting when/if he really kicks on in the league. IF he's signed of course.

Read again and tell me where I was against us signing Malcom.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The problem with us is, we don't know what formation we're gonna use. Wenger admitted a while back that our poor form away from home he feels is down to the new formation, yet he keeps using it?!

If we sign Aubameyang and Malcom, it'd make sense to go with two up top, does that mean we go 352 or back to a 4 man defence? The whole season has been one big mess. No idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom