• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslingtonBornandbred

So in short, Alexis wants to leave to a club that's 2nd and has likely cemented their place at the very least in the top 4 for the next few years whilst we are 6th and facing our second season out of the UCL. Alongside that, he's going to be paid more money.

So, he's going to a stronger team, on more money, whilst fulfilling his wish of leaving because he's become disillusioned with the football side of things. He's entitled do to that. Ox took a reported pay-cut for a change because of footballing reasons.

I also don't want to pay tax, who does? Alexis will be paying tax though so not sure the relevance of that comment.

It's very easy to blame Alexis and label him a mercenary because it disguises the issues at our club currently. I very strongly suspect that he'd move to United, Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Bayern, Real, Barca, Juventus etc even if we were to offer the same. The fact is, he just doesn't want to be here anymore and I don't blame him.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Good riddance, I won't give him a second thought. He is brilliant on his day but I won't miss him dribbling into blind alleys and losing the ball 20 times a game. Our defence and midfield aren't good enough for the ball to keep coming back at them all the time.

I am optimistic that with Auba, Mikhi, Özil, Lacazette, Wilshere and hopefully a return to a more possession based system we will be a better team overall.

karl

I also don't want to pay tax, who does? Alexis will be paying tax though so not sure the relevance of that comment.
I think the inference was that the club will pay his tax after the £490k and that is why it is net. I wouldn't totally believe figures journalists are guessing at.

It must have been a fortune if Guardiola thought the figures would destabilise his team spirit at City though!

IslingtonBornandbred

I think the inference was that the club will pay his tax after the £490k and that is why it is net. I wouldn't totally believe figures journalists are guessing at.

It must have been a fortune if Guardiola thought the figures would destabilise his team spirit at City though!

Yeah, potentially also the transfer fee we want and the fact they don't really need him anyway. I guess he wouldn't mind having him but there's no need to go crazy for him!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
This deal is actually good in a way. It hastens Kane's departure to Real Madrid. Unless his agent is completely d*ckless he'll be asking Tottenham for something in the ballpark of Alexis' deal. They can't afford that. Kane will be Madrid bound by the end of the 2nd group stage game of the WC when we've lost twice and are on our way out.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
DT_pQ77XkAE8G2T.jpg:large

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
If it`s 20M and Mikhi it`s a very good deal for us when we got ourselves in this position. I doubt that is correct though, seems a lot. Utd are desperate to get him though. 15M for his agent is sickening really but I guess that football nowadays.

MNUS

Yes, that far off. Pep said they wouldn't pay Alexis more than £300,000 a week because it would destabilize the club's wage structure. United are paying him £500,000 a week.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ity-pep-guardiola-jose-mourinho-a8168231.html

£13m net is similar gross wages though, about £450k a week. Di marzio is pretty reliable he broke this United transfer in the first place. United paying him a lot more than £500k with signing on fee and image rights.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
£13m net is similar gross wages though, about £450k a week. Di marzio is pretty reliable he broke this United transfer in the first place. United paying him a lot more than £500k with signing on fee and image rights.

I don't care what Di Marzio said. Paying Alexis £450,000 a week would have blown the wage structure the same as £500,000 a week. What City was offering was before taxes. Their highest earners are Aguero and Toure at £220,000 a week. They weren't going to basically double that for one guy (one, by the way, who would have been a luxury rather than a necessity). So I will take Pep Guardiola's word on this. If City wasn't prepared to blow up their wage structure, there's no way their offer was in the same stratosphere as United's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom