• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Auba was solid, on one of the counters when he had a load of space and not a defender in sight and tried to thread it through made me absolutely lose my mind. This is why he's not suited to the wing for me, but overall, one of the better performances with him and Laca in the same side together.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Auba seriously worked hard today notice at end of game he covering Saka position as lb when saka attack that good team work. Still for me as winger he wasted

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
His work rate in the last 2 games have been something else. When Martinelli comes back I would like to try him central with Auba still on the wing. His productivity is still high there. If we play Auba as the CF I feel he can't hold up the ball and we end up being pushed back into our half all the time. I think that is the reason why Arteta persisted with Laca centrally even when he was horribly out of form. If that doesn't work we could always reverse it back.

Ewarwoowar

I think he is powder puff player, has a talent for goal that predominantly enables him to breeze through life, he will never get stuck in, never be in a war of attrition, Arteta might turn his head for a moment, but I don't think he going to knuckle down for any more than a cursory glance.
Going to post a caveat to this; he has proven that he can do more than just score with his knew found desire to track back and add some defense to his game, I will go one step further with this and say, scoring aside I think even this late in the day in his career with desire, grit and determination he can improve on all aspects of his game if he wants to, he has that in him, I believe it, just needs to be hungry for it. Man can re-invent his game, then maybe we can start talking world class.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

His transfer thread has already been locked, hopefully it can stay locked for a while aswell. His already said he is happy here again, he is staying here, does that mean he will re-sign, hope that is the case. It would be great to see him re-sign & stay for another year or 2.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
His transfer thread has already been locked, hopefully it can stay locked for a while aswell. His already said he is happy here again, he is staying here, does that mean he will re-sign, hope that is the case. It would be great to see him re-sign & stay for another year or 2.

Has he said that he's staying? I've seen him reference the English media as saying a lot, but not him suggest that he's staying.

Would love it though.

Ewarwoowar

Has he said that he's staying? I've seen him reference the English media as saying a lot, but not him suggest that he's staying.

Would love it though.
He spoke to french outlet RMC Paraphrasing, "The British press talk sh1t, I am 100% for Arsenal for now"!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Probably knows it’s either mega money at Arsenal or trophies elsewhere.

Not sure whether giving him a big contract is the right choice.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Probably knows it’s either mega money at Arsenal or trophies elsewhere.

Not sure whether giving him a big contract is the right choice.
It depends what kind of money we would get for selling him. If we cant get over £40-50m for him then we wouldnt be able to reinvest that money well enough. If he is on board with the project come June then keeping him isnt bad

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta confirm there no ongoing contract talks with Auba and the club will start discuss it in summer.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Arteta confirm there no ongoing contract talks with Auba and the club will start discuss it in summer.

We never learn do we? Discussions should have been coming to an end by now, not starting in the summer. So in the summer, instead of him either being on a new contract or we knowing we have to sell. Just like Özil, Sanchez and Ramsey he will have all the leverage. By then he will have a year or less on his contract too, meaning he will be more tempted to just see out that time and go on a free unless we offer ridiculous wages.

The clowns in charge of contract negotiations should be sacked, they clearly don't know what they are doing.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We never learn do we? Discussions should have been coming to an end by now, not starting in the summer. So in the summer, instead of him either being on a new contract or we knowing we have to sell. Just like Özil, Sanchez and Ramsey he will have all the leverage. By then he will have a year or less on his contract too, meaning he will be more tempted to just see out that time and go on a free unless we offer ridiculous wages.

The clowns in charge of contract negotiations should be sacked, they clearly don't know what they are doing.
This is a different situation. This time it’s not about keeping a player entering his prime. We are talking about whether we should offer a contract to a player who is at the end of his prime.

He is a striker who rely solely on his pace, off ball movement and finishing. Past experience about other pacey strikers tell us that his pace will sharply decline in his early 30s. He is not good on the ball, so if he lost his pace, he can do nothing on the pitch.

If we offer him a new contract. What will be his market value at the end of the new contract? Nearly zero, because we can foresee that he is going to have a decline in his ability.

That tells us that we should buy low and sell high. Market value of a player usually peak at around 24 to 27, ability of a player usually peak at around 24 to 30. If you buy at 0-23 and sell at 27, you get the best years of a player and you maximise the profit you make. C.Ronaldo, Bale, Coutinho, Hazard......

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If we can get 80m plus for him then we should sell in the summer. Unfortunately we need money to invest in the team and we wont be getting this from our owners, nor our operations.

The sale of Auba and Lacazette would force us to bring in more reinforcements upfront yes. But it also can bring in upwards of 140m and we can use that to reinforce our squad with quality.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If we can get 80m plus for him then we should sell in the summer. Unfortunately we need money to invest in the team and we wont be getting this from our owners, nor our operations.
Arsenal will be in no position to demand that much for a player in the last year of his deal, who will be free in January 2021 to discuss moves with other clubs.

He either extends on wages that other clubs won’t offer, or we sell for a compromised deal given the situation. Rumour is that Real will offer a player swap plus cash.

Can see something like Dani plus 20M.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
80m for Auba?
No way, if Real and other big clubs come in for him then maybe 40-50m which is pretty good price for a player his age and in the last year of his contract.
I think we should try to get him to extend next season because he's the only goal threat we have rn but it also depends on how much Auba wants in wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom