• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You can’t act the tough man after a game when you’ve let people run through you all game. Arsenal fans are so thick though that they’ll see him at the end and be bowled over.

Truth is, he’s a wreck defensively, teams just walk past him, offensively he’s nothing special either. So what do we have? A body in midfield with a **** attitude. Maitland-Niles can’t be any worse.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You can’t act the tough man after a game when you’ve let people run through you all game. Arsenal fans are so thick though that they’ll see him at the end and be bowled over.

Truth is, he’s a wreck defensively, teams just walk past him, offensively he’s nothing special either. So what do we have? A body in midfield with a **** attitude. Maitland-Niles can’t be any worse.

Man didn't even make one tackle, **** me if he had of smashed Maupay during the game with a tackle I might have appreciated it. But acting the tough guy after a game in which you've lost isn't gonna impress me. The entire game he just waltzes around, like you said defensively he's just completely useless. Passes it safe most of the time. He has so so much to learn and I honestly question whether he has the appetite to learn it. There's no improvement from him in 2 years in terms of positional awareness, you wonder if he's ever gonna learn in that aspect of his game?

Why is he even acting like a tough man? Maupay would easily have him in a fight with one hand. Hell Torreira's twin sister would have him in a fight.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
He doesn't really get brushed off easily. He gets fouled a lot when he's shielding the ball but they aren't called. He can and should be doing better though. He holds it too long sometimes.

Yeah it's always someone else's fault. When he tries to get the ball from someone he falls over and they walk through our midfield. He needs to work on his agility and physicality. He's a kid and at the moment, not good enough. His luck is that our entire midfield is ****. Hence our league position.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member

Exactly this.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
If we had any strong leaders in the squad they would mould this kid into a warrior, but unfortunately he has no one to look up to and learn from.

He looked sharper when he first arrived from the french second division before the mediocrity and malaise of AFC started to rub off.

Last edited:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
If we had any strong leaders in the squad they would mould this kid into a warrior, but unfortunately he has no one too look up to and learn from.

He looked sharper when he first arrived from the french second division before the mediocrity and malaise of AFC started to rub off.
This....his game was so much more adventurous. Even in the early parts of this season he had some games where he tried stuff. He is the type of young player who needs a top guy playing with him. Sadly he'll only have bums like Xhaka, Ceballos

JCB

This guy is a joke failed to make 1 tackle the whole game but than decides to start a fight after the game. He deserves a ban. I'm tired of him and hope he gets sold in the summer.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Could be a facing a 3 match ban apparently, considering all the players we have out now I don't know whether that is a bad thing or a good thing. I want him gone but we are already severely short on numbers.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Could be a facing a 3 match ban apparently, considering all the players we have out now I don't know whether that is a bad thing or a good thing. I want him gone but we are already severely short on numbers.

Want Niles to get at least a few games in central midfield, so a ban for Guendo wouldn't be a bad thing...least with Niles we could actually have someone who can run in midfield again.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Want Niles to get at least a few games in central midfield, so a ban for Guendo wouldn't be a bad thing...least with Niles we could actually have someone who can run in midfield again.
We could just do that I guess see how he goes, is he better at getting passes away, doesn't hold on the ball too long?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We could just do that I guess see how he goes, is he better at getting passes away, doesn't hold on the ball too long?

He's definitely calmer on the ball than any of our other mids, more skilful too and unlike Ceballos he doesn't overcomplicate things...his main weakness is his lapses in concentration, but all our midfielders have significant weaknesses anyway, I think Niles has the most upside.

Considering how bad our midfield has been, it couldn't hurt to give him a go in there.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

He's definitely calmer on the ball than any of our other mids, more skilful too and unlike Ceballos he doesn't overcomplicate things...his main weakness is his lapses in concentration, but all our midfielders have significant weaknesses anyway, I think Niles has the most upside.

Considering how bad our midfield has been, it couldn't hurt to give him a go in there.
Fair enough sounds alright, I'd be willing to give him ago then, he is quick aswell which might help.

say yes

forum master baiter
Good passion and drive, but he’s been bang average otherwise.

Needs to stop being such a hot-head, and I don’t think he’s good enough to start in CM for us at the moment.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Good passion and drive, but he’s been bang average otherwise.

Needs to stop being such a hot-head, and I don’t think he’s good enough to start in CM for us at the moment.
Well, it’s not like we have an army of CMs ready to play right now. I would rotate him a bit. He is still a young player.and has good potential.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I like Guendouzi, but I acknowledge he still has a lot to work on. What his critics don't seem to take into account is that he's 21. Who's he learning from? There isn't a real quality senior midfielder who he can play next to, lean on and learn from. Young players need support.
Exactly this. Remember Ramsey was getting booed before being paired with Arteta and having his best ever season. Guendouzi has been hung out to dry by all the managers.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Exactly this. Remember Ramsey was getting booed before being paired with Arteta and having his best ever season. Guendouzi has been hung out to dry by all the managers.
Ramsey at 18 showed a lot. He got a broken leg. This kid has a broken brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom