• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Unless I missed something, the talk in here since City has been around the reasons for his omission, didn’t really make sense.

Not seen many calls for his return to the team, if any.

Seen specualtion he was one of the Covid affected guys, so would be behind training wise.

God knows. We'll learn more over the coming games. I'm ambivalent. In tight games at home against defensive teams, I want him in. In physical away games or away games against the top teams, i don't really want him in the team. Which would be fine if he wasn't our best paid player.

Ultimately I don;t think there's a massive story. He's past his best, doesn't really mesh with the players around him, and has never been the same since his back injury, but we're stuck with the contract cos no one else will match it. Its been the same story for 18 months and will be next season too.

say yes

forum master baiter

This article is mainly a (very interesting / detailed) look at candidates to replace Mesut when he eventually leaves (they don’t envisage Arteta choosing to play with another 10).

However, it also states that Arteta didn’t play him against City or Brighton because Mesut wasn’t physically or mentally prepared, and Arteta wanted to reward those players who had shown the greatest commitment during the break. The relationship between the two remains good, and Arteta has made it clear that Özil can return to the team when he “improves his condition”.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
What does it say about Ødegaard? Would love him here, but I don't think he's attainable given the 2-year loan deal to Sociedad.

say yes

forum master baiter
What does it say about Ødegaard? Would love him here, but I don't think he's attainable given the 2-year loan deal to Sociedad.
It’s a very in-depth statistical piece which recommends 12 (quite different) players, depending on the profile Arteta wants.

Can’t copy and paste the text or diagrams on my phone but, in brief, Ødegaard is one of their three recommendations if Arteta isn’t going to demand much defensive involvement from his creative midfielder. They highlight how he’s been brilliant for Sociedad and his underlying attacking numbers (particularly at progressing the ball) are very impressive. However they don’t think Real would be open to a sale at this point.

The players recommended are:
- Pascal Gross
- Kerim Derimbay
- Daichi Kamada
- Diego Jota
- Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Orkun Kokcu
- Phillipe Coutinho
- Martin Ødegaard
- Houssem Aouor
- John McGinn
- Alexandr Golovin
- Jonathan David

Dutch D

It’s a very in-depth statistical piece which recommends 12 (quite different) players, depending on the profile Arteta wants.

Can’t copy and paste the text or diagrams on my phone but, in brief, Ødegaard is one of their three recommendations if Arteta isn’t going to demand much defensive involvement from his creative midfielder. They highlight how he’s been brilliant for Sociedad and his underlying attacking numbers (particularly at progressing the ball) are very impressive. However they don’t think Real would be open to a sale at this point.

- Pascal Gross
- Kerim Derimbay
- Daichi Kamada
- Diego Jota
- Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Orkun Kokcu
- Phillipe Coutinho
- Martin Ødegaard
- Houssem Aouor
- John McGinn
- Alexandr Golovin
- Jonathan David
Cheers, I would love to read that piece. Jota, Aouar and Ødegaard are high on my wishlist. Interesting to see they mention Golovin, McGinn and David, all solid names in my eyes. Don't know everyone on the list, though.

Analysis of Ødegaard seems on point. Would love him here, but I agree that Real would probably not sell him.

Reactions: roz

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

- Pascal Gross
- Kerim Derimbay
- Daichi Kamada
- Diego Jota
- Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Orkun Kokcu
- Phillipe Coutinho
- Martin Ødegaard
- Houssem Aouor
- John McGinn
- Alexandr Golovin
- Jonathan David
Seem it doesn't have to be attacking midfield most teams these days don't play with attacking unless he elite like de bruyne

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Things went downhill post Wenger.

What’s wrong with letting him miss some games? That’s man management, some players need it, Kieron Dyer was speaking about it this week.

Well if big Weng had been upfront and stated that then I totally agree. But that's not what happened....we had unexplained absence Scooby-Doo mysteries even back then. In fact, this is how the legend of the "compromised immune system" was born.

Sh*t you not. I saw Kieron Dyer on a flight to Vegas once. The weekend of a Ricky Hatton fight. He was emerging out of the little stewardess cubby-type area. He was officially "injured" at the time :rofl:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

- Pascal Gross
- Kerim Derimbay
- Daichi Kamada
- Diego Jota
- Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Orkun Kokcu
- Phillipe Coutinho
- Martin Ødegaard
- Houssem Aouor
- John McGinn
- Alexandr Golovin
- Jonathan David
Call me stupid but what is this list? Could you please let me know why they pick Johnathan David? He’s a striker. Not attacking you or taking the piss before somebody curses my family again, just asking.

Dutch D

Call me stupid but what is this list? Could you please let me know why they pick Johnathan David? He’s a striker. Not attacking you or taking the piss before somebody curses my family again, just asking.
See the Özil thread in transfer rumours section. Tried to summarize.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How cute, with his little umbrella :D :D :D
Our own little miss sunshine.

This game has vindicated Arteta. Özil is done here. Don't think he'll get anymore chances here. Think we're going to see more more Hale End lads than Özil.

I like a midfield of Willock AMN and saka.

So glad Arteta is finally phasing him out.

Hopefully he gets the hint and feck off

gamechannel

Our own little miss sunshine.

This game has vindicated Arteta. Özil is done here. Don't think he'll get anymore chances here. Think we're going to see more more Hale End lads than Özil.

I like a midfield of Willock AMN and saka.

So glad Arteta is finally phasing him out.

Hopefully he gets the hint and feck off

Hes not leaving money on the table. Arsenal will need to eat the salary and send him on his way. I still don't get why he was picked in the squad if he wasn't going to be used? They're obviously trying to humiliate him into leaving. Which is a bad look for the club. Just leave him home FFS.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Girlfriend thought he looked adorable with the umbrella...

df1654bcb2f659fc7589d64544c56a74.jpg

:lol:

roz

Fake News Merchant

- Pascal Gross
- Kerim Derimbay
- Daichi Kamada
- Diego Jota
- Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Orkun Kokcu
- Phillipe Coutinho
- Martin Ødegaard
- Houssem Aouor
- John McGinn
- Alexandr Golovin
- Jonathan David
Gross?!
Quite like McGinn actually

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't understand if he can't get minutes against tired legs in last 20 minutes then what of point playing football anymore. Let's hope at least get minutes against Sheffield at fa cup

roz

Fake News Merchant
I don't understand if he can't get minutes against tired legs in last 20 minutes then what of point playing football anymore. Let's hope at least get minutes against Sheffield at fa cup
Its good for the team him bot playing and sets an example to the rest of the players. Train well, be committed and you get your chance. I can get behind that. Couldn’t care less if Özil rots on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom