• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
His situation is different, he was barely fit so a pay cut was on the cards anyway.

Show me a top player who has taken a big pay cut? You haven’t so far. I’m not even asking for an old player like Özil.
Obviously top players don’t take paycuts,
Özil isnt a top player.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He took a paycut to join west ham.
He took a guaranteed payday at west ham over a pay as you play deal at arsenal because he knew his career was done. And he wasn’t wrong. Unlike you.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Its like banging your head against the wall trying to reason with the anti-Özil crusaders on here. Leave it dude. You cant reason with Republicans in America and you can't reason with the Anti-Özil gang on here.
Very rich. He isn’t playing for a very good reason. Does it upset you that we won without him playing?

roz

Fake News Merchant
You’re just hating now I think. There are a lot of players who need to leave but don’t because they are on good contracts.
Makes no difference whether I hate him or not. He’s washed up, finished & a leech that uses his social media accounts to try and manipulate fans against the club.

its annoying people find the will to defend him. The other day some of you were saying its a conspiracy that he wasn’t starting

GDeep™

League is very weak
Makes no difference whether I hate him or not. He’s washed up, finished & a leech that uses his social media accounts to try and manipulate fans against the club.

its annoying people find the will to defend him. The other day some of you were saying its a conspiracy that he wasn’t starting
Where has he manipulated fans against the club?

gamechannel

Very rich. He isn’t playing for a very good reason. Does it upset you that we won without him playing?

Lol, upset? Go read the matchday thread and you'd know if I was upset at the win or not. Your stupid logic is an indication of your mental capacity. If someone's posting in an Özil thread without spewing pure hatred for the guy, he must be an Özil fan and an Arsenal hater, right? If someone says Özil won't leave money on the table, you cry and label them Özil fans. You sure have some sound logic in that little brain of yours.

Like I said, you remind of the stupid trumptards that occupy a good chunk of America.

gamechannel

So what is your issue? He clearly cares more about money than football.

And where do you thibk he disagreed? He said he won't take a paycut to which the likes of Roz responded most footballers will take a paycut if they cared to which Gdeep responded that not many players, specially at his age will take a paycut.

I dont get what the ****ing problem is?

Its like the Anti-Özil gang refuses to listen to valid reasoning.

The bottom line is, no matter how much you love football, if you have won everything there is to win which Özil has, have retired from international football and are on a massive wage that you know you won't get anywhere else, you won't leave.

Özil on today's standards, is probably a 100-120k per week player, if even that. He won't leave 60-70% wage cut to go play elsewhere regardless of how much desire he has to play or otherwise.

There may have been examples of players taking cuts to get out of their contract and sign up some place else where they get to play more but no one, I repeat no one, will leave 60-70% of their salary to play elsewhere even if they get more gametime.

He's stuck with us and we with him. We'd be better off if we just ate the salary and terminate his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom