• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
It does not look good when your former Boss comes out and says that your attitude was bad and he had trouble with you,
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/guendouzi-attitude-slammed-former-boss-072848777.html
That article could had also been spun positively with the same quotes.

“He took his job seriously, his training was no problem, and his character is to always want to win.

Douzi sure seems to rub some people the wrong way but they dont have any actual **** on him... One occasion dissapointed at coming off. The horror. :eek:

“My relationship with him wasn't very good. I picked him for a cup game against Nice but he got booked early on. The ref told me at half time to warn Guendouzi: one more foul and you're off, but in the second half nothing changed.

“I was left with no choice but to sub him off. When I did, he refused to shake my hand.”

Corbulo

I have a hunch that we are making a mistake. I feel that Matteo Guendouzi's attitude problems would be corrected in less than 30 seconds if he came into a proper squad. A core of senior players that have standards, that had won things or at least formed respectable teams together.

We need talented players, but we also need players with the right character. Just like a young man needs a woman in her 40s. As much as she loves your sex drive and passion to please her, she doesn’t like your boyish attitude. After all, she already has kids! She doesn’t need another one.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I have a hunch that we are making a mistake. I feel that Matteo Guendouzi's attitude problems would be corrected in less than 30 seconds if he came into a proper squad. A core of senior players that have standards, that had won things or at least formed respectable teams together.

We need talented players, but we also need players with the right character. Just like a young man needs a woman in her 40s. As much as she loves your sex drive and passion to please her, she doesn’t like your boyish attitude. After all, she already has kids! She doesn’t need another one.
Elaborate. I'm going through another recurring drama.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Never know until we present a good offer to club and player. Said similar things about Cesc.
huh?

Cesc Fabregas left Barcelona for free as a 16 year old having never played a single senior game for them.

they are in no way comparable and I dont think anyone has ever said the same thing about Cesc. If they did they dont know how he joined us and are probably not worth speaking too about such things.

jamie_gooner

Read yesterday there was an incident in Abu Dhabi. He had an argument with Sokratis from the training facilities there, which carried on to the team bus. Arteta stepped in and Guendouzi gave him some lip and raised his voice.
Talented as he may be, we have no idea what he’s like around the group. Can’t say I’ve seen enough from him to think he can do wtf he wants around the place.
Need a Paddy type figure in there to make him see sense, with a clip round the ear.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Read yesterday there was an incident in Abu Dhabi. He had an argument with Sokratis from the training facilities there, which carried on to the team bus. Arteta stepped in and Guendouzi gave him some lip and raised his voice.
Talented as he may be, we have no idea what he’s like around the group. Can’t say I’ve seen enough from him to think he can do wtf he wants around the place.
Need a Paddy type figure in there to make him see sense, with a clip round the ear.

That's actually pretty damning if its with Sokratis, because Sokratis seems to me like exactly the type of person that would call you out if you act out of line. I dunno if I 100% believe this would be fixed by anyone person, after all it's not a big personality defect Guendouzi has, instead its little things constantly. Which is sadly harder to fix than just telling someone to get their head out of their ass and stop partying (for example).

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I agree. I honestly have time for Guendouzi and if the issue was just a matter of sticking up for team mates in an incorrect way at times, I doubt he would be in the situation he is in now. I like that he runs in for a fight. Not sure he would be much help once there though. I wish harder guys like Kola would do more of this instead.

Guendouzi has clearly tested Arteta's patience too often for various reasons. If he doesn't have the right attitude from Arteta's standpoint the he needs to be traded. I still hope he can turn it around as I think he is a good player, but if not then he needs to go.

Yeah I personally don't have much of an issue with what Guendouzi said to Maupay. What he did at the end of the game was a bit stupid because he risked suspension needlessly, so I would've probably sat him out for one game because of that. But when I've read up about what happened I did think it was a little harsh.

Sure it was a bit crass but footballers take digs at opponents all the time don't they?

But I there must be some other underlying issues, perhaps the fact that Guendouzi is unwilling to make a simple apology probably signals this.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I really hope Guen straightens out and flies right. He’s exactly the kind of player who would benefit from learning the kinds of tactics that Arteta is clearly teaching. Seems to me that this is the right environment for a young player who wants to really understand the game. I think some of them got away with really dumb And disrespectful behaviour under previous management. Guen is still really a kid, and they make stupid mistakes. Obviously if he’s gone past the line many times, it might be a different discussion if it’s not salvageable.

say yes

forum master baiter
We don’t have any of those though.

Building from scratch over here, and we need to lay the right foundations. As Arteta says, there are non-negotiables at this club now.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We don’t have any of those though.

Building from scratch over here, and we need to lay the right foundations. As Arteta says, there are non-negotiables at this club now.

My sources tell me that "the non-negotiables" is the squad's new nickname for Tierney's massive balls.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

We need talented players, but we also need players with the right character.

Saka is doing just fine, younger than Guendouzi though. It is only Guendouzi that needs this and that, while other youngsters are being treated like being seniors. Who the sh1t is Guendouzi, what has he won?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hard to be excited by any business we do when you look at the other teams ahead of us.

Upamecano, Partey and Grealish which is probably a dream window only gets us in contention for top four.

Miles away aren’t we.

If the trajectory is positive then I'm happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom