• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 232,329

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
John Cross was the one who reported the 250k figure, that was what the club were willing to offer before the pandemic.

So a load of bollocks then? Every other report has said he wants £120k a week and a long deal.

That was the same article where he said we couldn’t afford Coutinho’s £250k a week wages wasn’t it? What a bellend.

Reactions: A_G

Shalmaneser V

I’ve always liked Willian as a player. I just hate the idea of taking yet another Chelsea cast off. How can we be serious about being competitive against the likes of Chelsea when we’re taking the players they’ve rinsed out, on a free, whilst watching them splash out on the likes of Ziyech, and possibly Havertz and/or Benrahma as potential replacements?

**** the experience bullshit. Go and find the next rising star. There’s lots of players with even better potential than Willian out there, who wouldn’t break the bank.

Aouar
Szoboszlai
Igor Gomes
Ødegaard
Fekir
Van De Beek
Ihattaren
Grealish
Benrahma

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

:lol:

I almost forgot that we brought in Benayoun from Chelsea. I remember when we wanted Demba Ba ffs.

Also, aren’t Phil Jones and Smalling available this summer? Maybe they’ll be able to shore up our defence.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

When Liverpool were building under Klopp they didn't just start signing players in their 30's from their rivals because they were outside the European places. They never went "well he's not good enough for our rivals anymore but because we're under achieving he's good enough for us"

If we start going the short term route, and that's assuming Willian even has a big impact, we will suffer for it mark my words.

I mean there's literally younger players out there. I don't mean teenagers I mean in their early to mid twenties even late 20's but a 32 year old winger well past his best days? Nah not for me. It's lazy too. Surely our scouts aren't that bad that they can't suggest a more suited player not past his prime? Of course though, there's more than likely something else going on.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I think Willian has been and is still a great player but no way should we be giving him anything more than a 1 year deal with a club option to extend at the absolute maximum. Actually we shouldn't even be targeting players like him at the stage we are. I don't know if Benrahma is the answer but he certainly looks like a better and more exciting long term target.
Seems like the agent vultures where counting down the days till Wenger left the club and have firmly planted there roots in the club now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Willian has always been a top player, and I think he’s maybe got one more good season in him, but that’s not the debate here, is it?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Just because it's an article from the Athletic doesn't mean it's true at all, look at the Kurzurwa stuff, we were never in for him, we're not in for Willian either, they're just reporting from other sources.

ArsenalMania is dumb.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
uhh depending on the wages he wants 3 years might work for us
especially if we can make 2 years with an option of a 3rd if he plays a certain number of games
I think Willian is a quality player and someone I would love to see at Arsenal.

ClubLevel

How can Arsenal fans even pretend we’re bigger than Chelsea? We get a finished cast off every other year from them, Benayoun, Cech, Luiz, Willian. They go and get our best talent when they like Cole, Cesc.

Embarrassment of a club. Ashamed right now.

And Gallas, even gave him the number 10 shirt ffs.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom