• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Good news about this transfer is that Vinai can’t drag it out for the next two months as the window will be closed.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Wouldn’t sign him given those tweets tbh.
Untitled.jpg

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Last 4 back up keepers. Szczęsny, Fabianski, Ospina, Martinez.

People trying to rewrite history saying this guy is Arsenal back up level or that all back up keepers are crap.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

People trying to rewrite history saying this guy is Arsenal back up level or that all back up keepers are crap.

All of them were average at one point or had flaws and developed into better keepers (Ospina is still ****). He’s 25, what’s to say at 28 he’s not on the level of some of those?

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

People trying to rewrite history saying this guy is Arsenal back up level.

.... What?

None of those have exactly been spotless during their time at Arsenal. And just 12 months ago people were laughing at Martinez for suggesting he's going to Arsenal's number 2 instead of bringing another keeper in.

I mean if you told an Arsenal fan at that time that we would be debating Martinez as number 1 he would have put you in a straight-jacket.

Give the guy a chance ffs.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

.... What?

None of those have exactly been spotless during their time at Arsenal. And just 12 months ago people were laughing at Martinez for suggesting he's going to Arsenal's number 2 instead of bringing another keeper in.

I mean if you told an Arsenal fan at that time that we would be debating Martinez as number 1 he would have put you in a straight-jacket.

Give the guy a chance ffs.

I was okay with selling Martinez, given the price and circumstances before anyone starts.

Martinez was a totally different scenario, he progressed through the youth ranks, went on loan multiple times, and earned his back up spot after years and had a good spell in goal subsequently. He wasn't just picked from nowhere and given the back up spot. We knew what we were getting with Martinez as number 2, whether you rated him or not.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
He wasn't just picked from nowhere and given the back up spot. We knew what we were getting with Martinez as number 2, whether you rated him or not.

No we didn't.

At all.

The performances of the Martinez that stepped into goal at the end of last season are in no way comparable with the performances Martinez provided for us in his few appearances nor his loan performances.

It might as well have been another player, so huge were the improvements.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

No we didn't.

At all.

The performances of the Martinez that stepped into goal at the end of last season are in no way comparable with the performances Martinez provided for us in his few appearances nor his loan performances.

Actually he was absolutely brilliant in his loan at Reading, they still rave about him. It’s just his performance vs liverpool in the league cup makes people think he’s been trash all this time.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

No we didn't.

At all.

You're telling me that after training at the club for nearly a decade and seeing his development the manager and coaching staff weren't aware whether Martinez was adequate as a back up keeper or not? Laughable.

I'm not even talking about his spell in goal last year, I'm talking about when he was promoted to back up keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom