• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protnemer

How do you know this? Do you sell crystal balls? Level as a 2nd keeper?

Wasn't he like 22-23 years old then? I didn't know it was the usual prime age for that position?
Of course I don't know, but I have seen this guy. A lot. Have you seen Emi Martinez over the past few months? That's what you need when your GK1 goes down, not a little blonde **** who can't kick past midfield. If Leno gets injured again and this guy plays, season is over. Why do I need to convince you about that?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Of course I don't know, but I have seen this guy. A lot. Have you seen Emi Martinez over the past few months? That's what you need when your GK1 goes down, not a little blonde **** who can't kick past midfield. If Leno gets injured again and this guy plays, season is over. Why do I need to convince you about that?

You don't. Arteta wants a ball playing 2nd keeper, and United is basically the only club who has two very good goalkeepers in EPL. I would have hoped for a bit more expensive GK.

Leno has been injured 15 games in his whole career, including ~300 top league games.
What are you, his agent?

Just showing people that at least this guy has more experience than Martinez at that age. His good spell at Reading came a bit older than this guy is now, I think by a year.

Kav

Established Member
listen none of us know if he is going to be great or ****. What we do know is that he doesn’t have a solid body of work for us to assess his competence at this level (excluding national team appearances)

My perspective is if we are going to go with the unknown at least give one of our academy players the first opportunity rather than bring in someone who arguably is at a similar level at a fee and increased wage compared to our academy products. That is my reason why I am not for this deal.

drippin

listen none of us know if he is going to be great or ****. What we do know is that he doesn’t have a solid body of work for us to assess his competence at this level (excluding national team appearances)

My perspective is if we are going to go with the unknown at least give one of our academy players the first opportunity rather than bring in someone who arguably is at a similar level at a fee and increased wage compared to our academy products. That is my reason why I am not for this deal.

So you think Arteta and other coaches can't see if Macey or Iliev is not good enough?

Arteta wants a ball-playing GK, and MutableEarth said that those are not good at it.

Okonkwo & Hein are under 20 years old and not ready yet to be 2nd keeper.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Will this be the first Icelandic players to play for us, anyone remember any others?

I've been doing a little research, I've found 3 so far.
Valur Fannar Gíslason 96-98 0 First team appearances.
Ólafur Ingi Skúlason 01-05 0 First team appearances.
Siggy Jónsson is probably the most well known 89-91 8 First team appearances 1 goal. He was featured on a 10-man shortlist for Iceland's greatest footballer of all time a while back.

I think that's all of them, unless there's someone even more obscure that I've missed.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sigurður Jónsson is probably the most well known 89-91 8 First team appearances 1 goal.
He was featured on 10-man shortlist for Iceland's greatest footballer of all time.

I think that's all of them, unless there's someone even more obscure.

Nicely done!

According to wiki, Skulason played in the 5-1 League Cup game against Wolves in 2003, when Cesc scored his first professional goal.

Thought I remembered one guy...

gun__1340350468_skulason.jpg

...I mean you couldn't forget that face :lol:

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Nicely done!

According to wiki, Skulason played in the 5-1 League Cup game against Wolves in 2003, when Cesc scored his first professional goal.

Thought I remembered that guy...

gun__1340350468_skulason.jpg

...I mean you couldn't forget that face :lol:

Ah, I think I was just looking at league appearances. Didn't mean to deny Skulason his debut for us!

That's a classic mid 00's hairstyle :lol:

Kav

Established Member
So you think Arteta and other coaches can't see if Macey or Iliev is not good enough?

Arteta wants a ball-playing GK, and MutableEarth said that those are not good at it.

Okonkwo & Hein are under 20 years old and not ready yet to be 2nd keeper.
If his redeeming attribute is his ability to pass the ball I understand, I’ve read that he used to be a midfielder in the past. That makes sense but it sounds like a waste of money to me.

Why don’t they just train the youngsters to use their feet more and help them develop their passing skills rather than go out and buy someone?

drippin

If his redeeming attribute is his ability to pass the ball I understand, I’ve read that he used to be a midfielder in the past. That makes sense but it sounds like a waste of money to me.

Why don’t they just train the youngsters to use their feet more and help them develop their passing skills rather than go out and buy someone?

Some players have talent for certain things, like passing for example. Some don't.

Siggy Jónsson is probably the most well known 89-91 8 First team appearances 1 goal. He was featured on a 10-man shortlist for Iceland's greatest footballer of all time a while back.

I think that's all of them, unless there's someone even more obscure that I've missed.

The most famous is Albert Guðmundsson but he only played 2 games according to Wikipedia. He is with Ásgeir Sigurvinsson believed to be the greatest footballers from Iceland in history.

https://www.arsenal.com/historic/players/albert-gudmundsson

em9999

My rainbows
I know this may sound crazy but why don't we see how he does before we judge him.. as for slagging Wenger off , Arsenal fans didn't have a problem with booking planes and slagging Wenger with vile words, grown adults too this guy was still a youth and had no association with the club so let's slate him hey... He's only 1.5mil he must be crap

em9999

My rainbows
Guy was 16 back then, give it a break the tweets are inconsequential. If anything it shows he is a massive arsenal fan, which is one of the few positives we can look at it

I hope he proves us all wrong and does a good job

Exactly what I was trying to say before it became a massive rant

Thanks my old china

akhil

This dude is a stop gap for a couple of years until one of the youth keepers has a decent loan in a lower division.

He's a backup keeper, not sure how much you can expect from him. As long as doesn't do amateurish mistakes, he'll do.

Iceman10

Established Member
Is this really the backup GK the club has locked onto though? First it was Raya discussed, then this potential 1.5m signing, but I would guess there would be many more potential backup GK’s the club will be considering also. Not really worth getting worked up about really. This is a minor signing, with somewhat of a calculated risk over Leno staying injury free for the sake of prioritising CM signing(s).

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Hence the use of the word If in the second paragraph. It is clear that most of you lot don’t have good comprehension skills.

Nice try though.

Perhaps less demonstrative language in your first paragraph would give your attempt to reclaim the high ground rather more credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom