• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A Guide to the Press

lewdikris

Established Member
Ok, so a lot of you are going nuts about this Vieira to Madrid bollocks. Crazy. Wild. I fear for some of your health.

So to make you feel better we're going to do a Media Studies 101 class.

Basically you're misreading the articles - which like every other big story this summer, are non-events. They're all waiting for the moment when Vieira is NOT going to Madrid, officially, not for him to go. Because he's staying at Arsenal.

And this is why:

1. The Vieira to Madrid story started in the Mirror and has now been hijacked by the Sun. The Mirror began the idea, because they need splashes on players who have contracts with the Sun/News of the World. As Myles Palmer said, Vieira has a contract with the NOTW, so any official statement by him will have to be an exclusive with them. Therefore any story about Vieira will always start in the Mirror, who want maximum impact on breaking news when they have no chance of getting an interview, but HAS to end in the Murdoch rags.

Today, for example, Vieira is relegated firmly to the inside pages of the Mirror, whilst still occupying pride of place in the Sun. That's a signal that this is all bullshit. Were he actually going it would be a big enough story to stay on the Mirror's back page. As it is, only the Sun and it's Tory tabloid competitors the Mail and Express, need to keep the story so prominent - because the NOTW will get the interview that says he's staying at Arsenal. Thus keeping the **** readers locked, whilst the Mirror can be satisfied at having broken the story.

This is the same process every other year - Alan Nixon, Martin Lipton and the other ****s at the Mirror do Vieira to Madrid stories every year which quickly disappear to the inside pages of that paper, because they're lies. The NOTW does the story that says he stays.

2. This is the ultimate case of Journalists feeding off scraps. For that reason alone it's evident bollocks.

When the Vieira-Madrid thing broke it was a speculation on one quote from Florentine Perez. There have been no more quotes of any value since. Look at the stories today. There's not a single quote in there, except for a blank response from Paddy's agent. Newspaper journalists absolutely depend on quotes, even made up ones. Any story without quotes is a direct signal that a story is a flat out lie. Because it's a journalists way of saying, "all you readers just wait, there's a rejection coming, but we can't do it today because the copy isn't written yet. But keep on buying the papers til it comes out."

3. The Spanish Press has lost interest in this.

The Spanish tabloids are crazy. AS and Marca are Perez's cocksuckers. But they think the midfielder for next year in Madrid is ..... Emerson. As does the coach, Camacho.

But the English press can't sell a story about that. So they'll carry on with this until the rejection comes out. Then move on to something else.

Jinn

Established Member
That's a brilliant post.

If everyone just looked at the quotes that we know are true, and ignore the bullshit, it's clear what the real deal is.

Gurgen

Established Member
I never doubted that but it's good to be stated once more for the paranoid psychotic forumers here who still read the Sun.

Adam

Established Member
Good to see a media insight into how it is actually bollocks. Good work.

Lewd - If you want to - get rid of 'cocksuckers', and put this up on the main site.

Arnie

Great post,

Although we all new it was bullshit when he aparently said our defence is crap when Madrid have the worst defence in Europe.

In the medias attempts to find a weakness in our team that they can report they have made themselves look stupid

patrick42uk

Established Member
wasnt it the news of the world who said vieira signed a new deal at arsenal when he hadnt? do we now become selective in what we choose to believe in the press according to our needs? what happens tomorrow if the news of the world print a story along the lines of the sun suggesting vieira wants to leave? do we dismiss the news of the world then?

its pretty far-fetched to interprete viera's silence as confirmation that he will deny the rumours in his paper. if indeed he will be revealing all with the news of the world, there is as much chance he will confirm the rumours. myles palmer was on radio five live today with his view that vieira silence means he will deny all in sunday's news of the world. he was promptly laughed at and labelled 'deluded'.

Andrew

I agree that all this is BS. I can't believe everyone is being sucked in yet again. There are no concrete quotes or official announcements.

goonerling

this seems a bit of a "head in the sand" post. something is going on with Vieira. We won't know what for sure until he says. Even his mouthpiece, theNews of the World says he's off.

Aussie

Established Member
The funniest thing is reading tribal football's website. They are just plain old liars. They use old quotes and pretty much make up quotes.

beanz

HeHe, nice post lew, I like a bit of good old fashioned press bashing.
Reading some of the posts on this forum, specifically one about a guy (you know who you are) who rushed out at midnight to get a copy of the News of the World (chokes on cornflakes) to read thier article on Patrick :shock: it amazes me that some people give so much credence to whats written in the papers.
I take everything written in the press with a huge amount of salt :mrgreen:

Alexone234

it used to be different though. Piers Morgan was an outright gooner. The first big "Vieira hates Arsenal/loves Madrid" story was at the hands of an old friend Marc Roger.

The Mirror ran a massive story stating that Vieira agent was a conman, taking advantage of his clients, causing problems in clubs and that Arsène Wenger thought he was a c=nt.
Roger then went to the News of the World, and pitched a story about Vieira claiming he wanted more from a club, Arsenal were small fry, Real was his future etc etc. This was designed to attack Arsenal, give the NOTW a Vieira exclusive to use against the Mirror, and to reassert his power back into the whole situation.

Angered at this, Vieira left Roger and worked without an Agent, only having a lawyer for dealings in contracts. Recently-ish, Vieira joined Ray Parlour at Octagon, an low an behold the rumours start. I guess a cut of £30mil is something to temp even the most honourable of agents.

A

Anonymous

Aussie said:
The funniest thing is reading tribal football's website. They are just plain old liars. They use old quotes and pretty much make up quotes.

thought i'd let you know tribalfootball dont put up there own stuff, they take the stories from the english spanish austrailian and itialian press and post it on there site for one place to go and check out all trasfer gossip across europe

A

Anonymous

beanz said:
HeHe, nice post lew, I like a bit of good old fashioned press bashing.
Reading some of the posts on this forum, specifically one about a guy (you know who you are) who rushed out at midnight to get a copy of the News of the World (chokes on cornflakes) to read thier article on Patrick :shock: it amazes me that some people give so much credence to whats written in the papers.
I take everything written in the press with a huge amount of salt :mrgreen:

thats low, you go and put the idea out the about the notw being on the streets and then make out i am the sucker, because i want to let everyone know what it said,sad you are Beanz, i'll be visiting you in your Hampstead office to have a quiet chat, i got to go anyway to the orange shop, sorry my mistake beanz it was beany not beanz although in my opinion all beans are the alike.

Beany

Trusted Member

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:47 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be fair, in the interview I saw on Sky & the BBC, Wenger said he hasn't spoken to Vieira today or yesterday (so day before yesterday then!) and believes he will be at Arsenal next Season.

I guess the NOTW must be on the streets by now in good old London Town so if anyone's seen it let me know...

Nothing on their web site as yet.

Alexone234

Sky news have not even mentioned the word Vieira since their f-ck up announcement that he had signed a new contract. When they say he is leaving, i'll believe it :)

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Adam said:
Good to see a media insight into how it is actually bollocks. Good work.

Lewd - If you want to - get rid of 'cocksuckers', and put this up on the main site.

And substitute "mother ****ing cocksuckers"

:lol:

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom