• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A little help (hleb).. Pronouncing.

Baxrus

I have often tried to tell my friends what new players Arsenal have bought, and when I come to Hleb, my tongue goes crazy. How do we pronounce Hleb?

sorry if this has been up before. :eek:ops:

deeplennon

Baxrus said:
I have often tried to tell my friends what new players Arsenal have bought, and when I come to Hleb, my tongue goes crazy. How do we pronounce Hleb?

sorry if this has been up before. :eek:ops:

A close appoximation is to pronounce it like 'kleb'

jay-d

Established Member
Well in pro evo Martin Tyler pronounces it Khleb. KH as in your about to hawk up a greeney from the back of your throat.

deeplennon

malagar said:
Hlyeb - he isnt some ukrainian - so its Hlyeb.

errmmm no. It's pronounced with a gutteral H, closest approximation in English is a hard k. Every announcer in bundesliga pronounced it this way as did Arsenal TV Online's announcer in both friendlies so far. No G sound either..

teitzo

haha, this is funny, i always thought it was just hl-eb. i suppose we'll have to wait to hear how its pronounced when our first games is aired.

djphonze

Or we can easily come up with a nick for him if his real name is that hard to pronounce....what do you think?....any suggestions? :?:

yoinkster

it's pretty easy to pronounce !!
I think I'm right in saying it's said with a "ch" the way the germans say it.
kinda like a scratching noise.
then you just say leb one the end !!
that how i say it anyhoo.
maybe someone can say it and record it to wav and upload it so we cann all hear it .... !!

Jinn

Established Member
The Arsenal commentator pronouced it "Kleb". Like in Kleberson.

For the Aussies, I think its meant to be like in that song by The Cat Empire, "Hello, Hello"

Soler

Established Member
djphonze said:
Or we can easily come up with a nick for him if his real name is that hard to pronounce....what do you think?....any suggestions? :?:

I call him Lebby.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom