• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A March for Wenger

Raider

Established Member
Arsenal fans to march in support of Arsène Wenger

Arsenal fans who want to convince manager Arsène Wenger to stay at the club after the Frenchman hinted he may be interested in the overtures of Real Madrid will vote with their feet during a march this weekend to show their support.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/arsenal/5356005/Arsenal-fans-to-march-in-support-of-Arsène-Wenger.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... enger.html</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redaction.org.uk/front.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redaction.org.uk/front.html</a>

In light of recent press coverage saying that the majority of Arsenal fans want Arsène Wenger kicked out of the club, we've decided to lead a march of solidarity in support of Mr Wenger. We want to send the message out to the press that the concensus among fans is not only that he should stay but also that he's one of the few managers in the football league that's earned the right to walk away. To think of Arsène Wenger being fired by the board is sickening yet it seems that this view has turned from a minority opinion to what we all want (thanks to the press following the shareholders' meeting).

If you want to join us in a march of solidarity for Arsène Wenger and show the world that not only are we grateful for what he's done for us but also that we have faith in him, please join us for a special march from The Rocket at 3:15pm before the Stoke kick off. If you don't drink at The Rocket, no problem! We'll be congregating around the roundabout in front of the Armoury (aka The Bear roundabout) at 3:30pm to sing songs in support of the our gaffer. Le Boss. (you too Biggus mate)
We'll all realise what we have once he finally ends his love affair with our club. Its like a Grandparent that passed away, and only after the passing do we wish we enjoyed their final moments a bit more.

I'll be there, will you?

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Oh NOOOEZ.. forget about march for peace, lets march so we could make Wenger stay although he already already decided to do so.. whats next? lets march for Usmanov!

progman07

Established Member
xcdude24 said:
Chrimony, he's not bigger than the club, so quit treating him like he is.
So what if he is not bigger. Doesn't he deserve any respect for what he has done for Arsenal?

It can only do good for the team, why moan?

KY

Established Member
I respect the motion and i think everyone else should too. It's not about the manager being bigger than the club. If you've read the whole thing properly, it also says Wenger has earned the right to walk away. Everything we are, even our hopes and expectations, have all been raised thanks to him. He made arsenal a world class club that CAN compete with the rest of the world despite the lack of multi millionaire sugar daddies (here's looking at you Chelsea, ManU, Pool, Inter, AC and everyone else). He might not be bigger than the club, but he is just as much a part of the club as we fans and the players. So a show of support is no less than he deserves. Him walking away would have just as much an effect as every single fan in the world walking away or our whole team walking away from Arsenal FC.

True Gooner

Established Member
:lol: I thought you'd be miffed.

I think it's a bit unneccessary since Wenger and the board are pretty sure that he'll be around next season.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Great initiative Raider.

Unfortunately I'm not in London, but I'll still do the march by myself in Paris... Let's see if a few people join up :) ;)

stiiphunn

Established Member
True Gooner said:

I think it's a bit unneccessary since Wenger and the board are pretty sure that he'll be around next season.
Oh he'll be around that's for sure. But I think it'd be nice to show him a little support and keep the club united.

Biggus

Established Member
Yes Stiip, you should hold you own vigil kneeling silently and praying at your Arsène altar at home....much more dignified.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Biggus said:
March for Wenger?- Oh good grief....Get a f**king life. :roll:
:lol: You should join them Biggus. Get on the plane and be there on Sunday. I'm sure you'll love it mate!

dbig

Come on, Biggus. Everyone knows your Arsène hatred is just a show.

Anyone can dig up tonnes of post where you praise the man. Give up and join the Arsène lovin'! ;)

asajoseph

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
True Gooner said:

Oh he'll be around that's for sure. But I think it'd be nice to show him a little support and keep the club united.

As critical as I've been over the last year or so, I think you're spot on here.

I would absolutely hate for Wenger to leave under these sorts of circumstances, and as such, I'll be going on this march

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
As much as I hate the way he handled the team's problems for the past 4 mediocre seasons, I just can't forget how far he went and how difficult it was for him to take Arsenal to stardom.

I love and respect Arsène Wenger (at least until this August hahaha).

James

Established Member
I think everyone could've guessed some of the reactions to this before even opening the thread.

I'd go on it if i were going.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
This is a very good idea. After all the negative press and hysteria surrounding our club this last week, this is a good oppurtunity to show our unity towards our manager, and this will not only reflect well on Wenger, but on the players too, where despite a tough season, they have our backing, as supporters should do.

ricky1985

Established Member
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
This is a very good idea. After all the negative press and hysteria surrounding our club this last week, this is a good oppurtunity to show our unity towards our manager, and this will not only reflect well on Wenger, but on the players too, where despite a tough season, they have our backing, as supporters should do.

Well said.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom