• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A neutral look at Arsenal

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So far everything about Clichy is top class, but his crossing. Having a defensive outsideback can be great and the fact that Clichy does that is great. To play defense you need to be good at defending, and Clichy is great at it. The problem is that Clichy could be better. He constantly gets himself in great positions to cross without becoming a liability, so the frustration is that his crosses are crap. If he just defended and never went forward people could ok with that, but that is not the situation. When he works so hard to get in good positions it should be reasonable for people to want him to do something with the ball when he gets there. So far when he gets in the offensive third his game has room for improvement. He is still a great player, and I am glad he is in the team.

Ade is good, but has still been average. Defenders hate him because he is a handful. He has so many attributes that could make him a world beater that he can never be ignored. If they forget about him or lose track of him he will punish them. That is good. He also runs constantly, and in random directions, and defenders have to hate this. This is also good. The problem is that his goals seem to be from defenders falling asleep and not him doing something great. For someone of his size, strength, and skill he should be able to beat more players one on one, and hold the ball better. If he could do that he could be great. Right now he is good because of his workrate and that is average despite being helpful.

Biggus

Established Member
GunnerBP said:
Ade is good, but has still been average. Defenders hate him because he is a handful. He has so many attributes that could make him a world beater that he can never be ignored. If they forget about him or lose track of him he will punish them. That is good. He also runs constantly, and in random directions, and defenders have to hate this. This is also good. The problem is that his goals seem to be from defenders falling asleep and not him doing something great. For someone of his size, strength, and skill he should be able to beat more players one on one, and hold the ball better. If he could do that he could be great. Right now he is good because of his workrate and that is average despite being helpful.

Do they count any less? Goals are goals.

Unkmengani

Gawd help us if we were actually midtable!

Some people make me larf!

Ade is soooooo effin sh*te isn't he? Erm, nope, next question.....Clichy is just soooo over rated? B*ll*cks!

You expect this garbage from the spuds and chavs, not peoplke who profess to be Gooners. But then they probably only started supporting arsenal coz we were winning things.

Oooh, slap my wrist!

sesquioxide

Biggus said:
GunnerBP said:

Do they count any less? Goals are goals.

Indeed, Biggus. And GunnerBP, haven't you considered that the mistakes the defenders make was because of the pressure they get from Adebayor? I haven't seen Adebayor score goals as cheap as Healy's goal against Lehman.

At any rate, if you feel goals against defenders falling asleep and making mistakes don't say much about the striker, then you probably don't think very highly of Henry?

gunner321

Ok , I need to pull you up here.

Ade has been in notoriously hard to adapt too EPL since Jan 2006, making it only 1 full season in this league for him.

He is second top scorer, he scores in important games, not just against crap teams (Man Utd last season, Everton this, Sp**s twice this season, Newcastle he took our 1 good chance).

And he is still no where near the player he can and will be, we talk about Ronaldo taking adapting time, and same with Hleb and others.

Adebayor will be better, and the fact that he is already second top scorer in the league should show us that, getting rid would be nuts.

Will go so far as to say you guys are clueless, 1 full season in the EPL and the guy has got 11 in 18 games.

He will be, assuming all things like injuries etc go for him, be a top, if not world class player when he develops his game further and has more EPL seasons under his belt.

USgooner

Legend#1 said:
lagosgooner said:
Legend#1 said:
With Ade being so s**t, and everyone else seemingly being so s**t.. I'm very surprised we're top.

We'll be mid table soon, I can feel it, with such a rubbish team.
Mid-table you having a laugh? we''ll be lucky to avoid relegation

We'll be Sp**s.
now thats just going too far... :lol:

Arsenal_FAN1983

Legend#1 said:
lagosgooner said:
Legend#1 said:
With Ade being so s**t, and everyone else seemingly being so s**t.. I'm very surprised we're top.

We'll be Sp**s.

What's going on here, the non-arsenal fans starting to show up?? :evil:

Please, even if your joking don't talk like that.

jay-d

Established Member
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
Legend#1 said:
lagosgooner said:
Legend#1 said:

We'll be Sp**s.

What's going on here, the non-arsenal fans starting to show up?? :evil:

Please, even if your joking don't talk like that.
:roll:

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't think goals scored from hustle plays are any less important than great goals. They all count the same. I had no problem with his goal against Everton. Pure hustle. The problem is that he is good enough for him to score classier more skillful goals. We have all seen flashes of the great types of goals he can score, but he needs to do more of it. He has gotten better, and that is not in question. Last season he would work great and show a lot of skill on the ball, and then miss inexplicably. Now he is scoring goals based mostly on hustle and not the skill that we know he has. I think he can take it up a notch. The skill is there. His link up play, and ability to hold onto the ball has been lacking all season. He also hasn't been able to beat people one on one like he did last season. So yes I think he has been average this season. He is getting better, and that is good. He is not a liability up from since if he is left wide open he will score. That is what you should expect from most strikers. But if you look at the great strikers from top teams, they make goals out of nothing and half chances. Eduardo did that against Everton and Blackburn. Ade has been average, and not a liability. His hustle is a good start, but he will need to do more and score better goals to be more than average. However, all goals count the same. It is just that the more skill you display the more likely you are to score more goals. He is more than hustle, so I won't be pleased with just hustle.

Anzac

Established Member
This seems very quickly to have developed along the lines of the squad analysis etc, and then to have again gone off the mark into nit picking on individual players..........

vin de guerre

Dudu Zg said:
First, I would like to say that I am a Dinamo Zagreb fan, and the only reason I started following Arsenal is Edurado who is my favorite player besides Luka Modric. Considering that, I won't talk about him at all.
I would like to express my view about Arsenal this season...I missed only 2 games, so I think that I have a pretty good basis for a short analysis...
I think that you have one of the most talented teams in the world,and the best manager around...It must be very frustering for you to watch games like the ones with Borro, Sp**s or Pompey...
Most of you don't like the 4-5-1 system Wenger is using when he can't play Van Persie...Quite rightly so, I must say...But, the main reason why this system is not working for you is not the system itself...The problem is the man upfront...The only way for this system to work is if the striker makes the right runs, at the right time. And stays onside...Ade can't do that...
He's football intelligence is very weak, his first touch and positioning are terrible...He makes your middfield look bad, because they don't have anybody to pass the ball to upfront...So you get games like Pompey...
He scored a lot of goals this season...But considering the form you middfield players were in, and all the good balls he got, this is not a suprise...
I think that he just can't be a starter at Arsenal...He is average...
Bendtner, on the other hand, has great vision, passing, first touch and is much more composed...I am sure that Arsenal would be at least 5 points clear if you played Bendtner alone, or him and Eduardo in a 4-4-2, because they look great in the CC...
I would like to mention one more player...
Clichy...He can be so frustrating...He is fast, has great determination, always gives a 100%...But he can't cross the ball, and his right foot is non-existent...Wouldn't you say that an Arsenal player should be able to use his weak foot and cross the ball?
I'm sorry that you didn't sign Vedran Corluka...He is perfect for Arsenal, and would be instant starter in Eboue's place.

I don't have the time to write a more elaborate text, i just got impulse to say my opinion after the last few games.

Cheers.

Sorry but I don't have the time to write a more elaborate reply but there is one point that I find hard to swallow. This is a "NUETRAL" view point? My ass! This is biased and ever so slightly scented of give my idol his place in the team!
Ade is doing a thankless job up front and should get more accolades for his effort and overall performance.

vin de guerre

Dudu Zg said:
First, I would like to say that I am a Dinamo Zagreb fan, and the only reason I started following Arsenal is Edurado who is my favorite player besides Luka Modric. Considering that, I won't talk about him at all.
I would like to express my view about Arsenal this season...I missed only 2 games, so I think that I have a pretty good basis for a short analysis...
I think that you have one of the most talented teams in the world,and the best manager around...It must be very frustering for you to watch games like the ones with Borro, Sp**s or Pompey...
Most of you don't like the 4-5-1 system Wenger is using when he can't play Van Persie...Quite rightly so, I must say...But, the main reason why this system is not working for you is not the system itself...The problem is the man upfront...The only way for this system to work is if the striker makes the right runs, at the right time. And stays onside...Ade can't do that...
He's football intelligence is very weak, his first touch and positioning are terrible...He makes your middfield look bad, because they don't have anybody to pass the ball to upfront...So you get games like Pompey...
He scored a lot of goals this season...But considering the form you middfield players were in, and all the good balls he got, this is not a suprise...
I think that he just can't be a starter at Arsenal...He is average...
Bendtner, on the other hand, has great vision, passing, first touch and is much more composed...I am sure that Arsenal would be at least 5 points clear if you played Bendtner alone, or him and Eduardo in a 4-4-2, because they look great in the CC...
I would like to mention one more player...
Clichy...He can be so frustrating...He is fast, has great determination, always gives a 100%...But he can't cross the ball, and his right foot is non-existent...Wouldn't you say that an Arsenal player should be able to use his weak foot and cross the ball?
I'm sorry that you didn't sign Vedran Corluka...He is perfect for Arsenal, and would be instant starter in Eboue's place.

I don't have the time to write a more elaborate text, i just got impulse to say my opinion after the last few games.

Cheers.

vin de guerre

Neutral and unbiased my arse!!!
We know we have a good squad and a good manager. We also appreciate each and evry player who has contributed towards our present successes. I would suggest lay off havin a dig about any specific player since they are all pulling their wait and if it was not for some very suspect touch judging would have scored a hat full more of goals. By the way your comment of lack of intelligence does sliughtly smack racism too.

Dez

Unkmengani said:
Gawd help us if we were actually midtable!

Some people make me larf!

Ade is soooooo effin sh*te isn't he? Erm, nope, next question.....Clichy is just soooo over rated? B*ll*cks!

You expect this garbage from the spuds and chavs, not peoplke who profess to be Gooners. But then they probably only started supporting arsenal coz we were winning things.

Oooh, slap my wrist!

Its a fair point, but you shouldn't be ridiculing people for having an opinion. If you don't agree you should argue and explain why you disagree. We are all Gooners and entitled to our opinion no matter how ridiculous that may be.

vin de guerre

I have tried four times to reply to this thread so I am paraying fifth time lucky.
I cannot see and neutral or ubiased comments here. I do see nit picking and a base racist premise but very little merit.

Our players are ALL giving their best to a fantastic season so far. As for Ade's intelligence, I would prefer to question the quality of touch judges who have time after time got the offside law wrong and deprived Ade a hatfull of goals to date.
Yes Eduardo has a place in our squad and will score a bag of important goals this season but his success will come not at the cost of a specific player but rather because he is the player needed at a specific time to play.

Sammer

Established Member
So much about Clichy being sh*te at crossing the ball.

Two superb assists in the last two games. Even Cesc couldn't have passed the ball better.

Sammer

Established Member
So much about Clichy being sh*te at crossing the ball.

Two superb assists in the last two games. Even Cesc couldn't have passed the ball better.

Biggus

Established Member
vin de guerre said:
I would prefer to question the quality of
touch judges who have time after time got the offside law wrong

"Touch judges" :lol: I'm surprised at you Vin.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom