• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

a new bust-up

TIFANNY

hi everybody!
i come back from my holidays and i've seen this article:

TOP GUNNERS IN BUST-UP Aug 8 2004

By Tom Hatten

THIERRY Henry and Jens Lehmann had a furious bust-up at a showpiece Highbury training session staged especially for Gunners fans.

The pair exchanged heated words after an incident in a five-a-side game in front of 3,000 supporters who had been invited to the fans' day.

Henry called for Wenger, who was refereeing the match, to give a free-kick after a clash with the keeper.

Lehmann remonstrated with Henry over the appeal and the pair became embroiled in an animated row.

The dust-up stunned watching supporters. "Lehmann proved last year he can be a hothead and it seems nothing has changed," said Paul Williams, from Bognor Regis, Sussex.

"It was very intense and just goes to show how committed the players are. They seemed to be really annoyed with one another."

I don't know if it's right because it come from the Sunday Mirror...
what do you think about it?

Gator

Utter utter bollocks. I was there. If there had been a fight I would have told you about it quicker then the tabloids.

Lehmann came out of goal and brought Henry down. Henry laughed, and got on with it.

Legend#1

Established Member
There was people who was at Fans Day...and they didn't mention it?

More b/s from the media?

beanz

I did'nt see anything from where I was sitting, mind you, I did'nt see Paddy and he was there too (fumbles around looking for white stick and dark glasses) :mrgreen:

Sammer

Established Member
That´s actually a great example of what amount of complete Bullsh@t the media are producing around football.

We have so many people here on the forum, that went to the training - and despite Lehmann bringing Henry down (which has probably happened numerous times already) there was nothing.

Good example though how these guys work.

Adam

Established Member
Sammer, please refrain from calling it 'work'. :wink: ;D

What do they take us for? I dislike this dumbing down.

Denish

its true we dont work. we just sit watching sky sports news all day and occasionally write an article. maybe two.

Gator

Senght said:
LOL, if what Gator said was true, The english media is going down the hill.
WHADDAYA MEAN 'IF' :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x
:wink:
I can assure you that there was no scuffle, no argument, no nothing. Unless something happened in the locker rooms. :?.

johe

Denish said:
its true we dont work. we just sit watching sky sports news all day and occasionally write an article. maybe two.

Are you a journalist or something? :eek:
In that case, may I ask for who you write and what kind of stuff you write? Since you're a Gooner I'd find it appropriate for you to be hugely biased to even it out with those Manc writers that seem to be everywhere.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sammer said:
That´s actually a great example of what amount of complete Bullsh@t the media are producing around football.

We have so many people here on the forum, that went to the training - and despite Lehmann bringing Henry down (which has probably happened numerous times already) there was nothing.

Good example though how these guys work.
They're confused little men. Confused little men who don't know what's happening right in front of them.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom