• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey back in training

sabret00the

Established Member
Good to see him back. The club is obviously fairly confident of his return hence hammering Arsenal.com with articles. But we'll have to wait and see. He never had the pace to become a winger, so if he's developed a touch-of-bobby about him and pulls out of 50/50's, we're kinda ****ed.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Just so hard to know what type of player we'll see. He could play by Christmas but might not be himself for much, much longer.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Video of him on his return with a bit of training:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy7zkpLfvMI&feature=sub" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy7zkpLfvMI&feature=sub</a>
I wrote a comment on there about being one of the fans that sent him a message (though he did get thousands, doubt he read 'em all)

MAK 14

Established Member
Fantastic news, extremely happy for him. Hopefully we see him in the first team very soon.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Wonderful news. Im thinking that Wenger wont be rushing him back to minimalise the setbacks that inevitably follow these longterm injuries (think O.Hargreaves & Eduardo). Ofcourse its a case of wanting Aaron back the sooner the better, just emphasis on 'the better'

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger said ages ago he would be back in Novemeber. November seems realistic for a sub appearance.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Really great to have him back, and if all goes well, we should have another great option for our midfield in 2011 when he's gaining form again.

Wouldn't wonder if he was earlier on the pitch than Robin......

Kraig

Established Member
Just a thought (albeit a quite negative one), but when did a player who broke his leg actually come back to be either the same player, or better in terms of ability? I'm genuinely struggling to think of anyone...

Kraig

Established Member
I thought cisse but I wouldn't really say he ever got back to the top level. HL ain't a bad shout though.

KY

Established Member
Kraig said:
I thought cisse but I wouldn't really say he ever got back to the top level. HL ain't a bad shout though.

Well he was never really top level to begin with, broken leg or not. So he's gotten back to his starting point before he broke his leg which is what the debate is about. :)

Kraig

Established Member
hope youre right. ive seen whats happened with eddie and most who have their legs hammered by some bellend and worry that aaron could be next.

otfgoon

Established Member
Technically Cesc broke his leg last season.

Anyway, in general there is no reason broken legs should have any impact on a player should he fully recover.

It's the period of time out that has an effect, regardless of the type of injury.

GOONER1991

Established Member
I'm really, really happy that Aaron's back in training, and will be back in the first team frame soon. I genuinely believe that had the injury not happened, he'd be first choice to partner Cesc in the centre, because last season they seemed to be developing a very nice partnership. Aaron's game was maturing, he would put himself about a bit more, which probably led to his injury, with him not willing to pull out of a challenge. Last season, Aaron developed physically, he's quite tall now, and his energy levels meant that he really was excelling in the middle last season.

Funny to think, had Ramsey not been injured, we'd probably not have seen the improvement we have in Wilshere, but they are the future of our midfield, and I am excited to see what they can produce, with Wilshere being more cute, while Ramsey was more direct, but both having great quality, talent and fight.

Also, that gif is great :lol:

sagreig

GOONER1991, you are spot on.

To think that, just before his injury, Ramsey was actually considered a better prospect than Wilshere and working his way to being a regular in the starting line-up...

I'm praying that Ramsey doesn't come back broken like Eduardo. I hope that Ramsey, Wilshere and Lansbury are the future of our midfield.

Captain

Established Member
Not to sidetrack the thread but it's funny that Lansbury hasn't been given a bit more of a chance after his Carling cup showing. I thought that he made a decent claim to be in the matchday squad given our lack of wide players in recent weeks.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
He was on the bench for the last Champions League fixture. Can't see him in Premier League where the likes of Rosicky start from the bench even with so many players out.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom