• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey - on the right track

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Said to a guy in training Ramsey will win World Player of the Year in the next 4 years and I stand by that. He has it all, tackles, passing, assists and goals the most complete midfielder I've seen in a long time - ahead of Iniestia in terms of all-round midfield ability, add into that Vieira and Keane, and that is not to be disrespectful to those guys who are/were top drawer but Ramsey just seems to have it all in every area whereas those guys had lots in one area and less in others

Uncle Mike

Established Member
For what he's been through -- from Shawcross and from the Anti-Arsenal Arsenal -- and what he's done the last one year or so, he is my favorite player.

He is the living embodiment of what we as Gooners have gone through since he arrived. The receipt of dirty play, the injuries, the scorn, the brickbats at the manager who believed in him, and the redemption of both of them, and the restoration of the club to its rightful place: First place.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Veronica ‏@PaceSmasche 4m
Ramsey outran everyone on the pitch today, 12834 m. Mkhitaryan came close with
12775 m.

What an Energy :shock:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

VAVAVOOM 14 said:
I always thought he was the superior player to Wilshere, but I could never have foreseen this spontaneous combustion he is going through.

If he sustains this he will be one of the finest midfielders in world football for quite some time.

You always thought he was superior to Wilshere? What made you think that, out of pure interest. Before the Shawcross injury...well Wilshere wasn't on the scene, and when he arrived it was when Ramsey was out, that said I probably rated Wilshere higher, but I saw both as sort of equals in terms of talent. Of course after Ramsey's dip of form I didn't honestly think he'd be able to match Wilshere and overtake him again, but he's surpassed all the expectations I had.

It's a weird one, I actually think they're different types of players in terms of their style of play (obviously lol), and Ramsey is overall more....complete, although Wilshere's dribbling can be impeccable. And yep Ramsey is ahead of Wilshere now but I suspect (with continued form) both will be top players, perhaps our own sort of Iniesta Xavi combo.

VAVAVOOM 14

dka91 said:
VAVAVOOM 14 said:
I always thought he was the superior player to Wilshere, but I could never have foreseen this spontaneous combustion he is going through.

If he sustains this he will be one of the finest midfielders in world football for quite some time.

You always thought he was superior to Wilshere? What made you think that, out of pure interest. Before the Shawcross injury...well Wilshere wasn't on the scene, and when he arrived it was when Ramsey was out, that said I probably rated Wilshere higher, but I saw both as sort of equals in terms of talent. Of course after Ramsey's dip of form I didn't honestly think he'd be able to match Wilshere and overtake him again, but he's surpassed all the expectations I had.

It's a weird one, I actually think they're different types of players in terms of their style of play (obviously lol), and Ramsey is overall more....complete, although Wilshere's dribbling can be impeccable. And yep Ramsey is ahead of Wilshere now but I suspect (with continued form) both will be top players, perhaps our own sort of Iniesta Xavi combo.

I was gauging it based on the promise Ramsey showed prior to his injury and the ability Wilshere demonstrated once he made his breakthrough in the team.

It wasn't an assessment I made while they were both fixtures in the first team, just my own opinion based on their early careers.

I will admit though, I've always had a soft spot for Ramsey.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
outlaw_member said:
GunnerBP said:
Ramsey can do everything and he is only going to get better.

You think he's on course to becoming Pele, then? :wink:

There is just no way that Ramsey is at his peak at 22.

He has it all, and he playing better than pretty much everyone at the moment, but that doesn't mean he can't get better.

A better version of this Ramsey is a frightening thought, but if he keeps on developing then it is sure to come.

GG8

Hope he has a massive game on Sunday.

Wonder just how much his relationship with Judas factored into his performances?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

VAVAVOOM 14 said:
I was gauging it based on the promise Ramsey showed prior to his injury and the ability Wilshere demonstrated once he made his breakthrough in the team.

It wasn't an assessment I made while they were both fixtures in the first team, just my own opinion based on their early careers.

I see...fair enough, he was good pre injury, it just p*sses me off thinking how much further he might have been if not for that smelly ogre.

VAVAVOOM 14

dka91 said:
VAVAVOOM 14 said:

I see...fair enough, he was good pre injury, it just p*sses me off thinking how much further he might have been if not for that smelly ogre.

Then again, he may never have hit these heights had he not had to endure that traumatic event.

That was all a test of his character: Having to recover mentally and physically, returning as a lesser player, having to endure the criticism of your own fans, blossoming into the star we see before us now.

He's come full circle and is a more resilient, determined player and person because of that tragedy.

McIntyre

Established Member
It was obvious towards the end of last season, and I mentioned as such (as I'm sure some others did too), that he was getting into the goalscoring positions and doing the simple things well that could see him becoming a Lampard-esque figure.

He just needed to find that composure in front of goal and real confidence on the ball.

Thankfully he seems to have found both, and it's paying huge dividends.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
love this
2vdr9g6.png

blrgooner

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
Veronica ‏@PaceSmasche 4m
Ramsey outran everyone on the pitch today, 12834 m. Mkhitaryan came close with
12775 m.

What an Energy :shock:
Arteta was the second highest in terms of distance covered by an Arsenal player and he covered 11682m. Ramsey covered 1.2kms more than any other Arsenal player. Absolutely amazing. Probably our most important player now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom